Question about profile photos (any why so many Russians?)

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Question about profile photos (any why so many Russians?)

Post by Linc4Love »

I'd like to know why the lion's share of women on international dating sites always seem to be Russian women (and Filipinas), to the point that you start to wonder where all the men are in these countries. Is there a reason for this?

I have nothing against Russian women, but I've guessed I succumbed to the stereotype that such women only want a green card and would hose me over the second they entered the states in some bid to destroy American men for Mother Russia. :shock: LOL As an Italian, I don't know how compatible my ethnic background would be with someone who's Russian either.

Since I'm new to these types of dating agencies, I'm also wondering how so many can have professionally done model photos. On domestic sites I always take these as a clear sign that the profile is fake (the scammer simply lifted the photo from some stock photo collection). Yet here on HappierAbroad (and other similar agencies) they are ALL professionally done. Seriously? It's hard to believe they all invest their time and energy to develop a photospread just to make a dating profile.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Answered part of my own question, apparently the men outnumber women in Russia by a factor of 12 to 1. :shock: That explains a whole lot.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

They say the women outnumber the men. That may be true.

It is also very true that most of them are probably scammers. If you arent experienced at spotting someone trying to use you, you might want to avoid Russia + Ukraine.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Russian women are the most marketable women for dating sites on the basis of physical appearance. Filipinas also get high marks for physical appearance, english speaking ability, low expectations from men and high libido.