Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Caucasian Male dating Taiwanese Woman, will parents approve?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Caucasian Male dating Taiwanese Woman, will parents approve?

Postby StarryEyes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 am

I have a friend who is a white divorced male with 3 children and unable to have anymore children. He is in his late 30's. He recently began dating a woman who is Taiwanese and in her early 30's. She was born in Taiwan but came to the States as a child. He has not met her family and is unsure if they will approve of him. They own a restaurant and are expecting this daughter to carry on with the restaurant. The family appears to be well off. My friend does not have much, and most of his income goes to child support. His girlfriend buys, him nice gifts, and pays for entertainment etc.. My question is would her parents approve or disapprove of this relationship? They seem to be very traditional
Thank you for any information or insight on this matter. :)
StarryEyes
Freshman Poster

Re: Caucasian Male dating Taiwanese Woman, will parents appr

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:20 am

I think you already know the answer.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby StarryEyes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 am

lol... you are right.
I meant to ask this but, forgot to earlier.... Would there be a possibility of her parents disowning her if she insisted on being with him? or would they just accept her choice. I am unfamiliar with Taiwanese culture, families
thanks again!!
StarryEyes
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:21 am

StarryEyes wrote:

lol... you are right.
I meant to ask this but, forgot to earlier.... Would there be a possibility of her parents disowning her if she insisted on being with him? or would they just accept her choice. I am unfamiliar with Taiwanese culture, families
thanks again!!

They will probably assess that he is a loser and most likely disown the daughter if she's not the only child.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 am

Most likely they will not approve. But if she really loves you, she will stick with you and eventually they will learn to accept you, albeit reluctantly. That's how these things usually go.

Why don't you talk to her and ask her about it? This is something between you and her, and only she can tell you specifically.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Advice