Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Best countries for very short guys?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Height and Inner Game

Postby globetrotter » August 19th, 2010, 7:17 pm

jaymcgoff wrote:First, I shouldn't limit myself just because of my genetic misfortune. Second, a very short girl is more likely to have an issue with her own height and thus make her man's height the most important factor. Third, and most importantly, I'm far more attracted to tall girls (tall from my perspective is 5'3" to 5'5"). Above 5'5" would be too extreme.


Like so many American Men who are not 'tall' you obsess about being 'short' and excuse your life based upon this.

First thing you need to do is this:
"First, I shouldn't limit myself just because of my genetic misfortune."

Re-read that phrase. See anything amiss? 'Misfortune'.

Never think, feel, say or write that phrase again. That is your first goal. Stop thinking of your height as being 'my genetic misfortune'.

No arguments, I don't want to debate your reasons on-line - just STOP DOING IT. End of discussion.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum





Postby Rock » August 19th, 2010, 7:43 pm

momopi wrote:Note: this study is done on dating web site "meat market". It's questionable as to how much it'd apply to society overall since most people don't use dating sites. But you can use the data for example or reference.

=================================================

http://www.asian-nation.org/docs/online ... -study.pdf

Attribute Trade-Offs

In order to obtain a better understanding of the relative magnitude of the attribute preferences
we consider the implied trade-offs between different traits. We focus on the trade-offs
between income and several other attributes.

First, we look at the trade-off between looks and income. Consider a woman evaluating
the profile of a man whose looks rating is in the nth decile (n < 10) of all looks scores among
men. We would like to know the amount of additional income this man would need to be
as “successfulâ€￾ with the woman as another man whose looks rating is in the top decile. To
that end, we calculate the income variation such that the woman’s utility index for either
man is equal. Remember that the utility index allows for preference heterogeneity through
attribute distance terms, and hence we also need to specify the income of the woman and
the “baseline manâ€￾ in the top looks decile. We assume (here and below) that the woman
has an annual income of $42,500 and that the man has an annual income of $62,500. These
are the median income levels for men and women among the dating site users in our data.

Table 5.4 shows the income tradeoffs for all looks deciles. A man in the bottom decile,
for example, needs an additional income of $186,000 (a total annual income of $248,500)
to compensate for his poor looks. The table also shows that women cannot make up for
their looks at all. The reason is that our preference estimates indicate that men’s marginal
utility from income is approximately flat between income levels of $100,000 and $200,000
and declining for income levels higher than $200,000. Hence, even for a woman in the 9th
decile of looks there is no amount of additional income that could make her as attractive
in a man’s eyes as a woman in the top decile. Of course, these results should not be taken
fully literally—functional form assumptions, distributional assumptions, and sampling error
will generally influence the precise income compensation numbers. Hence, for example, our
model will not be able to accurately predict how a man evaluates a woman with an annual
income of $2 million. However, the results strongly indicate two basic messages: preferences
for looks are quantitatively important, and there are strong gender differences in the relative
preference of looks versus income.

Table 5.5 shows the trade-offs between height and income. A man who is 5 feet 6
inches tall, for example, needs an additional $175,000 to be as desirable as a man who is
approximately 6 feet tall (the median height in our sample) and who makes $62,500 per
year.


Maybe the most striking numbers are with regard to income-ethnicity trade-offs, as
shown in Table 5.6. For equal success with a white woman, an African-American man needs
to earn $154,000 more than a white man. Hispanic men need an additional $77,000, and
Asian men need an additional $247,000 in annual income. In contrast to men, women mostly
cannot compensate for their ethnicity with a higher income.


Interesting at first glance (quickly skimmed through it and focused on results). Conclusions regarding looks and height seemed to make sense. But I was surprised at the race results, esp. in regards to blacks vs. whites. Didn't realize so many white girls on dating sites were not open to relationships with black guys but that many black girls on same sites would consider dating white guys. I bet the numbers would come out a lot differently if the study was measuring desirability for short term sexual relationships. It seems to me that black guys these days have an advantage.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Postby adam917 » August 20th, 2010, 1:53 am

WOW! Asian men would need to make an additional nearly QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS a year in order to compete? Are these women out of their minds or something?!

quote="Rock"]
momopi wrote:Note: this study is done on dating web site "meat market". It's questionable as to how much it'd apply to society overall since most people don't use dating sites. But you can use the data for example or reference.

=================================================

http://www.asian-nation.org/docs/online ... -study.pdf

Attribute Trade-Offs

In order to obtain a better understanding of the relative magnitude of the attribute preferences
we consider the implied trade-offs between different traits. We focus on the trade-offs
between income and several other attributes.

First, we look at the trade-off between looks and income. Consider a woman evaluating
the profile of a man whose looks rating is in the nth decile (n < 10) of all looks scores among
men. We would like to know the amount of additional income this man would need to be
as “successfulâ€￾ with the woman as another man whose looks rating is in the top decile. To
that end, we calculate the income variation such that the woman’s utility index for either
man is equal. Remember that the utility index allows for preference heterogeneity through
attribute distance terms, and hence we also need to specify the income of the woman and
the “baseline manâ€￾ in the top looks decile. We assume (here and below) that the woman
has an annual income of $42,500 and that the man has an annual income of $62,500. These
are the median income levels for men and women among the dating site users in our data.

Table 5.4 shows the income tradeoffs for all looks deciles. A man in the bottom decile,
for example, needs an additional income of $186,000 (a total annual income of $248,500)
to compensate for his poor looks. The table also shows that women cannot make up for
their looks at all. The reason is that our preference estimates indicate that men’s marginal
utility from income is approximately flat between income levels of $100,000 and $200,000
and declining for income levels higher than $200,000. Hence, even for a woman in the 9th
decile of looks there is no amount of additional income that could make her as attractive
in a man’s eyes as a woman in the top decile. Of course, these results should not be taken
fully literally—functional form assumptions, distributional assumptions, and sampling error
will generally influence the precise income compensation numbers. Hence, for example, our
model will not be able to accurately predict how a man evaluates a woman with an annual
income of $2 million. However, the results strongly indicate two basic messages: preferences
for looks are quantitatively important, and there are strong gender differences in the relative
preference of looks versus income.

Table 5.5 shows the trade-offs between height and income. A man who is 5 feet 6
inches tall, for example, needs an additional $175,000 to be as desirable as a man who is
approximately 6 feet tall (the median height in our sample) and who makes $62,500 per
year.


Maybe the most striking numbers are with regard to income-ethnicity trade-offs, as
shown in Table 5.6. For equal success with a white woman, an African-American man needs
to earn $154,000 more than a white man. Hispanic men need an additional $77,000, and
Asian men need an additional $247,000 in annual income. In contrast to men, women mostly
cannot compensate for their ethnicity with a higher income.


Interesting at first glance (quickly skimmed through it and focused on results). Conclusions regarding looks and height seemed to make sense. But I was surprised at the race results, esp. in regards to blacks vs. whites. Didn't realize so many white girls on dating sites were not open to relationships with black guys but that many black girls on same sites would consider dating white guys. I bet the numbers would come out a lot differently if the study was measuring desirability for short term sexual relationships. It seems to me that black guys these days have an advantage.[/quote]
adam917
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 146
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Best country for very short guys?

Postby LarryLaffer » August 7th, 2011, 1:44 am

jaymcgoff wrote:Thanks for creating this website, it has been very inspirational to read about your dating success abroad. I'm a white American guy but I still feel like we have a lot in common, as we are both excluded from the dating game due to extreme prejudice here. My theory is that American girls' hatred for Asian guys is really based on short stature, not shyness or nerdiness as some American women claim in order to justify their prejudice. (I think it's all about height because I've known shy nerdy Asian guys who were tall and thus they did very well with American girls). I'm just over 5 feet tall so I'm lumped into the same undateable category, disqualified by the majority before I say a word.
Jay


Hi Jay,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm not quite as short but am older. I've read your posts and there are a few things I decided to mention:

1. Guatemala is the country with the shortest men. Among the Mayans of Guatemala, the average male height is 5 ft 2 in and the average adult woman is 4 ft 6 in.

2. In one post, you said that you wanted a taller woman so that your son(s) would have a better chance at life. Now I've done some research on this and it turns out that while genetics is a significant factor in height it is not necessarily the case that two short parents will have a short child. Sometimes, both parents are short because they have some sort of recessive gene that reduces their production of growth hormone. However, unless both parent have or carry the same recessive gene, the child will not suffer the same problem. Therefore, you might want to consider getting a genetic test done to determine the reason why you are short. The woman you are considering could also be tested. If she is short but for a different reason (some other recessive gene) than your offspring might grow up tall!

3. Also, I don't think it makes sense to try to find a tall wife. I read some statistics that showed that only an extremely small percentage of women are married to shorter men. Unfortunately, I think most women are hardwired to only like men that are taller than they are. So try to find a short woman who is short for non-genetic reasons or because of some genetic reason that is recessive and because of a recessive gene that you don't carry.

4. Even if your shortness is caused by a dominant gene, it is possible that some medical intervention could spare your offspring from being short. Some people who would otherwise have been short have been given growth hormone injections in their early adolescence and grew up taller.
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 45
Joined: August 7th, 2011, 12:31 am

Postby max87 » April 21st, 2012, 5:38 pm

I am on the same boat as you.
I am mexican, hence i am short. Problem is, i am shorter than the average mexican. I am around 5' 2" meanwhile the average height for a mexican is around 5'5" - 5'7".
I will have to go abroad, probably Australia. The dating aspect is one of my main concerns as well. I am a bit younger than you, 25. And unlike you, i am still a virgin. My whole adolescence was pretty much ruined because of my height. I know it is hard, and i know that there will always be people telling you that you should get your s%$t together.
What i personally always felt was that i never had a sense of being "normal" because of it. Once i grew up, i realize that i was in fact, normal, it's just that people don't see it like that.
Girls were quite cruel with me. Some of them (even though they are over 20 y.o.!) still are.
Hope you can find what you are looking for.
max87
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 21st, 2012, 5:21 pm

Postby ExpeditionSailor » April 21st, 2012, 6:06 pm

I'm fairly short myself - about 5'7", and am routinely overlooked or ignored by women because of it. Funny thing is, if I were Russian and serving in a tank regiment, I'd be a giant. The reason why is that the Russians designed their tanks to be smaller have a low profile so they would be harder to see and hit on the battlefield. The low height profile of Russian tanks means they need shorter, smaller crewmen. The average Russian tank crew member is about 5'3" - 5'4".

I know that little factoid is useless and won't help me with Western women, but somehow it makes me feel a little better about my short stature.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 219
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 5:33 am

Postby E_Irizarry » April 21st, 2012, 8:10 pm

Think Different wrote:Interesting note: The Netherlands also has the densest population in Europe, as well as the tallest average people. My theory is that the country is so crowded that the only place they have to grow, is upwards!

Sorry, my little dumb joke.....

Actually that shit was funny Red Dog. LMBO! That's how NYC is: there's no more room to grow in such a dense place that it's so important to build literally 20-story buildings in NYC.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby mehendicant » April 23rd, 2012, 4:43 am

Looks like Guatemala will be Guatebuena for me. I'm 1.5 m (± a few mm). The average Maya woman in Guatemala is 1.422 m according to the Wikipedia page. Our kids will probably grow taller than both of us.

The pastor and his wife are both from Colombia. She's about my height I think, maybe a bit taller. Their daughter was born in Colombia shortly before they moved here, and she's starting to surpass her. I'm pretty sure she hasn't reached 15 yet.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 5:48 am
Location: North Carolina

Postby Winston » April 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am

I just did an interview on a website about heightism at http://www.supportfortheshort.org

You can listen to it at the link above. It's featured at the top.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24468
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby chanta76 » April 24th, 2012, 8:35 am

I'm Korean American and visited South Korea many many times. I'm actually only 5'7 or 5'8....more toward the medium height range in South Korea.

Nowadays the younger crowd (25 and under) are getting taller and taller...average height maybe 5'9 for males and not uncommon for them to be taller. The women are more like 5'4 on the average but you see allot of taller Korean women.

In South Korea....you have to ask yourself why are there so many plastic surgery around? Because Koreans are into lookism and yes heightism...

KOrean women unfortunately are becoming more and more superficial like American women where they have a A-Z list in what they want in a boy friend ..etc.

Does this mean it is hopeless? No..go to South Korea ...and try to experience it yourself. If you have a great style ...decent looking face and CONFIDENCE...you might do better there in the states. Why? because American women are still the number 1 superficial women on the planet.

Saying that ...since you study PUA...as I did to..and I have disagree with Winston on this one. There is reality and there is heart. What I mean is does looks count? yes. Does age count? yes. Height ? Money ? yes and yes. women look at all of that BUT if you got heart...and believe you have a unique value that you can give to a woman and make her feel that unique value...it's possible you can get a girl. Is it easy? Hell no....

That's why having heart is so important. You said before you dated attractive girls but lost them because of inner game....Who's fault is that? You...I understand we live in a world that likes to step on people..put them down...and break them.

But if you know your own worth and believe that you have unique value..like the line in Rocky.."you got to take the hits and keep going".

I still have a complex with my race and sometimes with my height and now with my age(I am 35 years old and feel too old now.)

Other people will look at me and think it's all in my head ..we all make the excuses...

Try Korea ..but at the same time don't lose hope in the states...sure it's allot harder...in USA but you have to ask yourself.....and I mean this as no offense...I seen midgets with wives..if a midget can get a girl...why can't a perfectly normal guy like you can too.

It's the same with me...I sometimes think white women don't like asian men...and feel that the only way I can get a white girl is overseas...but in reality that is hogwash. I'm just making excuses for myself....
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Postby max87 » May 7th, 2012, 4:58 pm

BTW once i heard that in the french part of Canada people are rather short.
An uncle of mine went and he showed us photos. The tour guide who went with them was really short, like 5'0" according to my uncle and he did looked small in the photos, much more than the rest of the group where my uncle was.
Can someone confirm this?
max87
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 21st, 2012, 5:21 pm

Postby Jester » May 16th, 2012, 5:05 am

MrPeabody wrote:
RedDog wrote:Welcome and good question.

Stay away from the Netherlands and Estonia, since they have the tallest average people in Europe (think 5'10" and starting).

Best!


I lived in the Netherlands for several years, and the couple in the apartment next to me was a short guy with a beautiful tall girlfriend, so I wouldn't necessarily write off the Netherlands, especially if you like tall women.


I was going to say something like this as well. I know a Colombian couple where the guy is maybe 5'0" and the sexy woman is around 5'6", hourglass figure, sexy and attractive.

In this case she is a long-time monogamous mistress, and they have a teenage son together. He visits her here in California.

The guy has two other families, one in Florida and one in Colombia.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » May 16th, 2012, 5:20 am

mehendicant wrote:Looks like Guatemala will be Guatebuena for me. I'm 1.5 m (± a few mm). The average Maya woman in Guatemala is 1.422 m according to the Wikipedia page. Our kids will probably grow taller than both of us.

The pastor and his wife are both from Colombia. She's about my height I think, maybe a bit taller. Their daughter was born in Colombia shortly before they moved here, and she's starting to surpass her. I'm pretty sure she hasn't reached 15 yet.


Those Latin countries have possibilities for the OP.

Pretty short girls in Guatemala and all over. Tall girls too. Used to different size people, judge heavily on upbringing and social class, not always on Hollywood stuff.

PLUS - Latin girls know what a Jew is, and upper or middle class Latins like to talk about how they have Sephardic blood. Latin girls in Los Angeles are known to target jewish men by visiting a temple ad trying to reconnect with Jewish roots. (no pun intended :smile:).

This could be true in Philippines also - but of course it wouldn't be the case in say Cambodia or Thailand or perhaps Korea.

Btw even if Korea may not be in everyon'e judgement anyway) the ideal" country for the OP, let's pat him on the back for taking the first step out of the toxic Amerikan environment.

Btw I don't agree about changing his outfit, whatever it is. Those corkscrew curls will be a babe magnet. Probably in the near future he's going to be shaking his kosher tuchas with some bikini'd Brazilian Jews in Rio. And I think he should post a picture when he does.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Best countries for very short guys?

Postby Cubric » March 26th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Hello Fellow Short Guys!

I disagree with almost all of you. Based on my experience I am sure your all wrong.

Women love short guys but they have to have something extra.

I'm 48, 5'2, average looks and sometimes overweight.

I have been with 100's of women.

My conclusions after 34 years of being a player, are as follow:

1. Money - the more money the more woman. They don't really care as long as you have money.
If you don't have money nor have the ambition to make it then maybe that's why girls don't dig you.
Money is the ultimate equalizer. Let them know, be a show off. Get a super car.. exotics (ferraris, porsches,)
Get a boat or better yet a big boat.

2. Be a leader or become famous - automatic attraction. Play an instrument. I used to be a DJ , that worked
wonders. Be the boss become a manager. Napoleonic complex at its best but it works.

3. Study and workout your ass off - if you are young doctor and in great shape you automatically beat most other guys.

4. Faith in God and in yourself - Trust your creator, he has your supply of chicks but you must have faith in yourself and
In him.

5. Law of numbers - hit on as many woman as possible, lie your ass off in dating websites ( everybody does) call
Girls, love the pick up game and love all women.

6.Dating - make it a freaking show. Car waxed and clean. Perfect details. Don't go to crowded clubs where all the dudes
are taller. Romantic, cool places are the best. You, her the ocean or lake and the waiters. Give high tips and leave them visible for her.


Most important of all: Be a superb gentleman but always be closing and if you can't close, move on and keep her on the back burner. Good luck.
User avatar
Cubric
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 26th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Re: Best countries for very short guys?

Postby chanta76 » April 1st, 2017, 4:12 am

Cubric,

OK..I have a question.
You made money. What do you do besides being a DJ?
Were these mostly Western women you been getting?
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest