Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
13 posts • Page 1 of 1
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether Filipino girls do some of the things that so many western white girls do. White western women turn me off so much not only by their behaviour and attitudes but by their generally unhealthy and unattractive habits. I'm specifically talking about the following things. I really hate it that so many white western girls do the following things:
Drink alcohol excessively and frequently
Go tanning a lot
Only wear clothing with brands names written on them (Hollister, Amercian Eagle, Aeropostale, etc...)
Wear exercise clothing all the time (This is especially bad in Vancouver with Lululemon brand)
Watch male oriented sports such as boxing, hockey, car racing, ufc, wrestling, and football.
Their are other things they do that I dislike also, but this is my main list of pet peeves. The 3 Asian girlfriends I had luckily did none of these things.
Do girls in the Philipines do some of these things? I know this is a very general question, but I would like to hear peoples opinions and exepriences.
An average Filipina does/is none of those things. But there are other annoying habits/things with some or many:
1) They will be late for appointments/dates and may or may not call.
2) They will be inconsistent and say one thing today and another thing tomorrow.
3) Conceal unpleasant things from you or lie about little things. Big lies are understandable, little ones are irritating.
4) Sit there and not talk. Deafening silence.
5) Be moody.
6) Dress in T shirts and jeans- but that goes across the board- Filipinos usually do not dress well.
7) Think that your supply of money is unlimited and not respect your money.
Invite friends to eat when you asked her to come alone. And you pay for them.
9) Talk about bodily functions- "I need to go and pee, I need to go and shit".
10) Talk on the phone or text to friends while you are in front of her while ignoring you.
11) Not know much about the world, not be able to discuss anything global
12) Ask you to buy things for her family or bring family members to ask you for help and sit there while they ask you for it and say or do nothing.
13) Bring a friend to talk to you instead of her talking to you.
14) When contacted online for a date, she will just give your name to a friend and her friend will show up instead of her.
15) Ask you to top up her prepaid cellphone account and spend most of the load on calling her friends/family.
16) Think nothing of burping and not even saying excuse me.
17) Not say "Thank you" when receiving a gift.
All kinds of childish, idiotic things.
But all that being said, they are still the best.
Last edited by ladislav on November 8th, 2010, 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jeez, I wouldn't tolerate a woman that did even a couple of those things in that list Ladislav before pushing her out of my life. I have noticed that Filipinas just aren't all that bright..not so much from a knowledge standpoint but just in general. There are smart ones but they are rare.
I think Thais are a little sharper in that regard even though the education can be rather poor.
I'm not any expert but I'll tell you what I observed. To be honest though I can't believe you really "hate" all these things so bad as some really seem trivial. Is this your list of deal breakers or something?
Some do, I have never found any I would classify as alcoholics however. Most Filipinos, both men and women like to sit around and drink Red Horse with friends.
Never seen this.
Yes some do, cigarettes are very cheap in Philippines.
I saw some piercings but mostly just ears. If you have a wild girl she might have her tongue or other places but really this is fairly rare.
Not often, at least when they are younger.
LOL, usually Filipina's hide like crazy people from the sun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVM09t_3H7Y#t=3m15s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgY8SAUl90s#t=1m23s
All but the rich are generally much too sensible to spend money on brand names. Many Filipinos even describe SM Malls, etc as very expensive (relatively it is often).
Not sure what you mean by this. Most Filipinos don't exercise so I don't think they have exercise clothes.
Depends but I would say not too much. Mostly they watch crappy Tagalog movies which I find much more annoying.
Yeah, most of filipinas don't do these things..
They love to wear shorts, dresses ( to be more feminine ) and pants on then t'shirts.
For me i hate sports and some of my girlfriends we hate sports like boxing, and football..
but sometimes it's fun to watch Basketball and Volleyball games..
i agree! most Filipinas arrive late, me too before i always came late.. but trying to make a change.. i always want
to be on time...
it's nice to hear u like Asian, my ex was very races.. too shallow! he was never proud of me...
I will try to answer with what expirience I have had.
Most filipina's I know like to drink, but its usually just socially and only 1 or 2 drinks, not excessively. The only time I have seen them drink excessively is if they were having relationship issues. Then they are a mess.
I have never met a filipina that was remotely interested in drugs, outside of drinking.. and surprisingly, few smoked as well.
As I mentioned above, few I know smoke. They are so concerned with the way they look and smell, cigarettes are an instant turn off for them.
I have met some with tattoo's but they are usually the wilder girls that work in the bars. They do it only because they think it attracts foriegn men.
Most filipina's I have met have been pretty conservative with the way they dress. They dress sexy, but not slutty. Most filipina's do not care much for piercings other than ear piercings.
Very few younger filipina's are overweight. I think this may be slowly changing as they are introduced to more and more fast food. Most are very concerned with their apperances. Every mom in the filipines wants to raise a sexy singer or actress.
Most filipina's I have met hate dark skin. Having lighter skin is a virtue in the PI just like it is in many asian cultures for some reason. I guess they think its cleaner because its whiter.
Many filipino's dress pretty simple. Filipina's however, are very concious of name brands. They put a lot of value into imported goods. Many can't afford name brand, so theTheir are other things they do that I dislike also, but this is my main list of pet peeves.[/quote]
They do put a primium on name brand clothing only because they believe that imported items are much higher quality and last longer, but few can afford them. So many of them buy the knock off's.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
I can't speak for Filipinas, but Chinese women almost never smoke or drink. If they do either then they're considered bad ladies. Oddly enough these types of girls can be good wives for Western guys, although you'd need to keep a close eye on them.
As to the poor timekeeping - that's just an Asian thing.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my experiences teaching at a Uni in China.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.
How abt filipinas in their 30s+, do they tend to get fat coz I cant remember if I have ever seen hot filipina MILF or cougar
I know AW can look sexy in their 40s if they look after themselves, gym, no smoke,no sun and so on
I have a feeling that Filipinas shelf life is rather short, by late 20s she is not considered dating material and once she hits 30 noone wants it,
maybe some foreigner man would still want her but not a local man
what is value of average 28-29 yo Filipina in PH compared to value of average AW of the same age in US?
Its not that the shelf life of Filipinas is short, my Filipina is 36 and weighs 102 lbs. after having 2 kids, she does do aerobics sometimes.
Theres a surplus of beautiful women in the Philippines which creates high competition among women for the available men. Most local men want to date 18 year old virgins because they know they can.
In addition, theres no child support laws in the Philippines, you can get as many women pregnant as you want and not have to pay, which only increases the desire of many men to cheat with younger women.
This is very true. I know a lot of single or separated 30 + filipina's. There is no such thing as divorce in the PI so many women simply live separate from their husbands. This is the one thing you need to watch for when courting a woman that is 25 plus there. Especially if you have only met her from the internet. You may not know she has kids and is married but separated. The culture in the PI is usually to get married between 18-25, especially if the girl is maganda (attractive). There is a lot of pressure to find a husband at that age. There is such thing as an annulment. Which basically is a legal way to make the marriage dissapear. However, it is an expensive process and a lot of it is done illegally because getting it done legally can take several years and even more money with lawyer fees, transportation and paperwork fees not to mention you need the husbands agreement to let her go.
In short, be very investigative before you get serious and visit the country and the girl. Even then, there is still a chance she is hiding a previous marriage or kids. Many will be upfront with you, but there is that minority out there that are so desperate they will conceal things to be with a man that can take care of her and her kids.
As for being fat, most women who are separated, or are single really watch their apperance as they are always waiting to be courted by the right guy. They make no qualms with the fact that beautiful women attract good guys, unlike american women who believe they can look like a bag of ass and still deserve a man that will care for them, when they don't care for themselves. When I say courted, there is a process you have to go thru to properly marry a filipina. Make sure, if you half respect the girl, her family and her culture, that you ask about this process and follow it if you can. They will understand that you are not filipino, so you don't have to follow it to a T, but I think it just goes a long way to gaining the respect of the family.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
1. The drinking age is nominally 18 but light drinking and smoking is done by 16 year old's with little or no parental of police comment.
2. There is a problem with the local equivalent of meth, someone is using it.
3. It seems like every month another local actress is getting tattoos. I think it looks like America of 15-20 years ago. The tomboys are already getting full sleeves while the straight girls get henna, soon they will get permanent like their actress/singer heroes.
4. Piercings, branding and other forms of "body art" I have not seen, but as I said they are still at the early stages of getting tattoos.
5. While no super obese are running around at the upper end Filipinas are plumper then their American counterparts. Check out the friends on facebook, the skinny may just be a factor of suddenly you are dealing with girls younger then you were before.
6. Tanning, that is funny. She will be convinced you chose her in part because she was lighter then the girl next door. She will wonder why none of the products advertise their whiting properties like everything except toothpaste does in the Philippines. And she will be in search of potions to supplement the sunshade on the car windows.
7. If she can afford it she will only have branded names on her, if she can't she will buy counterfeits. Don't even think of buying a generic or store brand in food, over the counter drugs, detergent....
8. Exercise cloths. no but as a thread I saw on another board read "how can I get her out of her jeans", Look around the only skirts you see during the day is a uniform. Yet the shoe thing is real , just don't call her Imelda.
9. As for sports, just when Pacman is fighting or the Miami Heat are playing, unless they fire their coach