Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:And also I can eat better food there. There are a lot more food choices for vegetarians there, even more so than in Taiwan. I can go to the supermarket and get veggie hotdogs, veggie turkey, veggie breakfast sausage, veggie bacon, veggie sloppy joe, etc. all of which are delicious and can't be found in the PI or Taiwan. Asia has nothing like Trader Joe's, for instance, or great Mexican food, which in the US is around every corner.
If you're going to be a vegetarian, why eat all that fake meat stuff?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:And also I can eat better food there. There are a lot more food choices for vegetarians there, even more so than in Taiwan. I can go to the supermarket and get veggie hotdogs, veggie turkey, veggie breakfast sausage, veggie bacon, veggie sloppy joe, etc. all of which are delicious and can't be found in the PI or Taiwan. Asia has nothing like Trader Joe's, for instance, or great Mexican food, which in the US is around every corner.
Yeah, that shit is actually worse for you than meat. Soy products are very bad for your health. Haven't you read the research on that yet? Just because people claim they are "vegetarian" doesn't mean they are actually healthier than meat eaters.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Mr S wrote:
momopi wrote:
Yeah, that shit is actually worse for you than meat. Soy products are very bad for your health. Haven't you read the research on that yet? Just because people claim they are "vegetarian" doesn't mean they are actually healthier than meat eaters.

My family ate soy products almost daily -- hot soy milk, soy sauce, soy bean paste, tofu, tofu pudding, soy bean sprouts miso, etc., and the grandparents live to their 90's. We did not, however, eat "veggie hotdogs", "veggie sausage", "vegetarian hamburger", etc. Soy foods was never the main dish for us. We purchased vegetarian chicken (shaped like a real whole chicken) for ancestral worship rituals and funeral rites, but not for consumption.

I have one vegetarian friend who was very much obese, but he liked his veggies dipped in batter and deep fried. He had to stop and breath heavily for just walking from his car in the parking lot to the supermarket. I bought him a stovetop steamer and hoped that he'd actually use it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Because it's SOOOOOOOO delicious! Don't you know? It's like heaven in your mouth. And I grew up on them too. They are the most delicious things I've ever eaten!

Dude, have you tried the Morningstar veggie sausages or bacon strips? Or the Tofurky frankfurter hot dogs that come in many flavors? Or Boca Burgers? They taste healthy too. Maybe you should try them sometime to see what I mean. Nothing compares to them.
momopi wrote:My family ate soy products almost daily -- hot soy milk, soy sauce, soy bean paste, tofu, tofu pudding, soy bean sprouts miso, etc., and the grandparents live to their 90's. We did not, however, eat "veggie hotdogs", "veggie sausage", "vegetarian hamburger", etc. Soy foods was never the main dish for us. We purchased vegetarian chicken (shaped like a real whole chicken) for ancestral worship rituals and funeral rites, but not for consumption.

I have one vegetarian friend who was very much obese, but he liked his veggies dipped in batter and deep fried. He had to stop and breath heavily for just walking from his car in the parking lot to the supermarket. I bought him a stovetop steamer and hoped that he'd actually use it.
Yeah but you gotta understand that in Taiwan, they do not make veggie hotdogs anywhere near as good as in the US. Didn't you know that? Those little mini veggie dogs in Taiwan are mediocre. The veggie ham and fish are ok too. But they don't compare to the brands I listed above. So you can't compare. If your family weren't vegetarians, why would they even want to eat veggie meat? How is that relevant here?

Vegetarian chicken is very good for noodle soups. Very delicious. Momopi, haven't you ever tried my mom's cooking? If you did, you'd understand what I mean. All my friends said her vegetarian cooking is delicious and one of a kind.

If tempura is bad for you, then why is it a main part of Japanese cuisine? I only eat vegetable tempura occasionally.

Mr S,
As to soy, come on now. Are those articles from credible sites? If soy is so bad for you and causes brain damage, as some articles claim, then how come the majority of the Asian population that eats soy doesn't suffer brain damage from it? Those who are anti-soy have never been able to explain that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Good News!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Good news. Yesterday I talked to my landlord and told him that I wanted to move out and use my deposit for the last month's rent. He agreed and did not try to jip me. That was good.

He also said he would try to find some buyers of my appliances. I told him I'd sell my stuff at a little less than half off.

Anyway, the thing is, I've just realized that I've endured four years of suffering in hot humid weather. And all for what? Cheap sex with low quality girls? It's really not worth it is it? The PI has no culture or intellectual stimulation either. Even Rock says that my personality fits better in Europe.

I REALLY dislike heat and humidity. It's VERY uncomfortable to me. I hate it! I'm not cut out for that kind of weather at all. And I'm sick of suffering for it.

It's also really annoying to have to wipe sweat off your forehead every single minute! Sheesh! That's so distracting! Why should anyone want to do that, especially if they don't have to?! Do any of you mind that?

I don't understand how Mr S and Ladislav do not suffer from it the way I do. But anyway, I think four years of suffering is enough. I've simply had enough of it. My tolerance has ran out. I'm used to far better air, so I think, why should I put up with something I don't like? That's insane!

If you google "heat humidity health" you will find articles explaining why heat and humidity are dangerous to your health. So it's not just my claim.

Besides, I'm homesick in my heart. And one cannot argue with one's heart. The heart rules, not the mind. I'm sure you all know that.

Forgive me, but I'm human, and humans do get homesick. I'm used to living in luxury. I grew up in a rich neighborhood in California where everything was clean and spacious and homes were soft on the body. And I miss that. Why should I continue to live in uncomfortable hard conditions? It's insane.

I am not pro America. I still know that the dating scene is the worst there. But my health was infinitely better there, and my mental alertness too, and my daily life was far more comfortable as well. I don't have the conveniences in Asia that I do in the US.

Also, my parents may sell our house in Washington next year. If they do, then I will not get a chance to visit it again and spend time at my home. If that happens, I will REGRET it.

I had a long talk with Mr S about this today, but he could not understand or relate. But as I said, you can't argue with the heart. And my heart is homesick. I'm used to a far better life and want to experience my accustomed comforts again.

I didn't say I wanted to move to the US. There is nothing wrong with visiting it. We all get homesick. And the US has many benefits, such as a wide variety of vegetarian food (that you can't find in Asia), unrivaled national parks, etc.

Mr S expressed concern that America is becoming a police state. Even if that happens, so what? I haven't broken any laws and have never had any problems with the government before. In WA, everyone is very reserved and leaves you alone. I cannot imagine all of that suddenly reversing. Millions of people would not accept it or acquiesce to it.

He also thinks that the radiation in Japan has flown with the currents all the way to the West Coast USA, based on alternative news articles. That is farfetched. Even if that were true, mostly California would be affected, not Washington. In any case, I'm not gonna live in fear over conspiracy theories. Whether true or false, they've never affected me. I've never had a problem with the US government.

A shocker for those with a victim-blaming mentality

PS - To those of you who think that I ruined my health and not the environment, let me tell you this. In the US, my health was BETTER THAN AVERAGE. I have never broken a bone in my life, even when I played tennis everyday in the 1990's. And I've never even had an injury from playing tennis, whereas every player I know HAS had an injury from playing tennis at some point. And everyone I know has broken a bone at some point in their life too. Heck, if you all remember, last year Rock went for a simple jog in Taipei and fractured his foot, just like that. How come that never happened to me? Also, I only got a flu once every three years, whereas other people got flus several times a year. So I was healthier than average in that regard too. In California, where I had full health coverage, I never needed to see a doctor, so my excellent health benefits were hardly ever used. This was back in the 1990's. If I never had to see a doctor, obviously my health was excellent. My immune system was obviously very powerful too. Also, people have said that my chi energy or circulation must be very good because my hands are always warm and soft, even in cold weather climates like Washington, whereas other people have cold hands.

On the other hand, in Angeles City, I am CONSTANTLY sick, with dozens of ailments. I can't even list all of them because my mental alertness is too low here for me to organize them all into writing. But off the top of my head - frequent fatigue/drowsiness, headaches, stabbing pains in the back of my head, random fevers at night, semi-diarrhea, worsening of acid reflux (GERD), elevation of liver enzymes, painful constant coughing that ends with me yelling "AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" out loud cause I'm so sick and tired of it, eye infections, etc. So much suffering! Geez! My immune system just doesn't work here!

How do you explain that? Well-informed, how do you explain that? Do you still think I'm at fault in light of this? Do you realize that you have a typical American victim-blaming mentality, rather than look at the facts objectively?

Therefore, this says that my health problems are probably environmentally caused, especially in a toxic, polluted, hot, humid place like Angeles City, where I'm always sweating, fatigued and have no energy, and am VERY uncomfortable. Isn't that the logical conclusion here?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:
Because it's SOOOOOOOO delicious! Don't you know? It's like heaven in your mouth. And I grew up on them too. They are the most delicious things I've ever eaten!

Dude, have you tried the Morningstar veggie sausages or bacon strips? Or the Tofurky frankfurter hot dogs that come in many flavors? Or Boca Burgers? They taste healthy too. Maybe you should try them sometime to see what I mean. Nothing compares to them.
momopi wrote:My family ate soy products almost daily -- hot soy milk, soy sauce, soy bean paste, tofu, tofu pudding, soy bean sprouts miso, etc., and the grandparents live to their 90's. We did not, however, eat "veggie hotdogs", "veggie sausage", "vegetarian hamburger", etc. Soy foods was never the main dish for us. We purchased vegetarian chicken (shaped like a real whole chicken) for ancestral worship rituals and funeral rites, but not for consumption.

Yeah but you gotta understand that in Taiwan, they do not make veggie hotdogs anywhere near as good as in the US. Didn't you know that? Those little mini veggie dogs in Taiwan are mediocre. The veggie ham and fish are ok too. But they don't compare to the brands I listed above. So you can't compare. If your family weren't vegetarians, why would they even want to eat veggie meat? How is that relevant here?

Vegetarian chicken is very good for noodle soups. Very delicious. Momopi, haven't you ever tried my mom's cooking? If you did, you'd understand what I mean. All my friends said her vegetarian cooking is delicious and one of a kind.

If tempura is bad for you, then why is it a main part of Japanese cuisine? I only eat vegetable tempura occasionally.

Mr S,
As to soy, come on now. Are those articles from credible sites? If soy is so bad for you and causes brain damage, as some articles claim, then how come the majority of the Asian population that eats soy doesn't suffer brain damage from it? Those who are anti-soy have never been able to explain that.
I've posted numerous articles concerning Soy and soy based products that are backed up by research and various scientists. Mercola and naturalnews have the most info on this subject and they all are written by credible sources with footnotes. You seem to conveniently ignore anything posted that goes against your current mode of thinking. Plus a lot of soy now is GMO and most companies don't label if it is or not so you have no idea what it's going to do to your health in the future. Have you ever considered your vegetarian diet is making you sick? No, of course not.

Here is one of many about the controversy of vegetarian diets backed by research that I had posted to my FB previously so that's why it happened to come in handy, and I've also posted past info about Soy in the health discussion board:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... o-one.aspx

Regarding Radiation, the government is not telling the truth about potential health risks that may happen to people on the west coast, it's not some wacky conspiracy theory:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033083_Fukus ... ation.html
http://www.fairewinds.com/content/x-jap ... black-rain
http://www.naturalnews.com/032048_radiation_milk.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/032291_Fukus ... oring.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/031871_radia ... water.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/031881_radia ... shima.html
http://naturalnews.com/031963_radiation_exposure.html
http://www.infowars.com/corporate-media ... on-levels/
http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-radia ... -s-states/
http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-radia ... ia-admits/
http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-radia ... operation/

So if you still believe nothings wrong and everything is going to be a-okay then I really don't understand how you can believe in 9-11 coverup, faked moon landings and other various conspiracy theories, but won't even take the time to look into something that is currently valid and a very possible threat to ones health that isn't being disclosed by the mainstream media or the government.

And the answer to your last question: "Isn't that the logical conclusion here?"

No, but you only look at your point of view on things. I can relate and understand why you want to go back, I just wouldn't myself and would override any feelings to do so. Maybe going back for a month or two is okay, but if it's over three then I would have to raise an eyebrow. You'll probably be in bliss over there for a few weeks then you'll start blogging again how f***ed up shit is over there and what not; then surveying your readers as to where you should go next while not listening to any of our suggestions and either staying put or picking some country that should be the least likely place you should go and visit next. I personally could care less what you say or do, it's your life, just don't ask for our opinion about things then say how wrong we are and do the complete opposite of them. Are you asking for our advice or just hoping we will all agree with you and valdate your own judgement? You might as well just do what your going to do without soliciting advice cause you hardly listen to any it, criticize it half the time and then do your own thing anyway. Why do you need our attention on every matter in your life when you don't listen to us? You're in your late 30's now, you shouldn't need attention from external sources anymore to validate your actions and reasonings. You just go ahead and do what is right for you and move on to the next dilemma in your life.

Anyway, enough rambling; good luck with whatever future endeavors you may experience and what ever other send off's for good fortune you require to help you feel validated with your convoluted decision making...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Winston:
It appears that your choice is either to find gainful employment in your place of choice in the US and restore health, or compromise with your $500/month income and live in Ukraine. Nikolaev or Kherson are not as cold as Kiev or Russia, and provide very reasonable cost of living ROI where the currency exchange with the dollar is 7.95 to $1. If getting easy dates is a high priority to you then it would be Ukraine.
You are still young. You could chose to work in the US for a year or two and then move to another country again. As far as furnishings go, etc. You can rent furnished places in Ukraine or find a cool single guy roommate in the US. I don't see this as a philosophical exercise, but logistical. Create a Ben Franklin pros/cons list of your options; pick one and go. Life is about having new stories and experiences. Go.
Mark
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S,
Don't dish out advice and then get mad when people are skeptical or think it's far fetched. That's the typical arrogant a-hole expat attitude that I often see here. Lots of PI expats are like that for some reason. They can't take disagreement. I have a thinking mind and exercise my judgment. I am not required to agree with everything everyone says. And I don't like the attitude that I'm required to listen to what everyone says. Only people with abrasive personalities expect that.

I don't know why you deny that my health problems here are environment related. How do you explain the following again?
A shocker for those with a victim-blaming mentality

PS - To those of you who think that I ruined my health and not the environment, let me tell you this. In the US, my health was BETTER THAN AVERAGE. I have never broken a bone in my life, even when I played tennis everyday in the 1990's. And I've never even had an injury from playing tennis, whereas every player I know HAS had an injury from playing tennis at some point. And everyone I know has broken a bone at some point in their life too. Heck, if you all remember, last year Rock went for a simple jog in Taipei and fractured his foot, just like that. How come that never happened to me? Also, I only got a flu once every three years, whereas other people got flus several times a year. So I was healthier than average in that regard too. In California, where I had full health coverage, I never needed to see a doctor, so my excellent health benefits were hardly ever used. This was back in the 1990's. If I never had to see a doctor, obviously my health was excellent. My immune system was obviously very powerful too. Also, people have said that my chi energy or circulation must be very good because my hands are always warm and soft, even in cold weather climates like Washington, whereas other people have cold hands.

On the other hand, in Angeles City, I am CONSTANTLY sick, with dozens of ailments. I can't even list all of them because my mental alertness is too low here for me to organize them all into writing. But off the top of my head - frequent fatigue/drowsiness, headaches, stabbing pains in the back of my head, random fevers at night, semi-diarrhea, worsening of acid reflux (GERD), elevation of liver enzymes, painful constant coughing that ends with me yelling "AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" out loud cause I'm so sick and tired of it, eye infections, etc. So much suffering! Geez! My immune system just doesn't work here!

How do you explain that? Well-informed, how do you explain that? Do you still think I'm at fault in light of this? Do you realize that you have a typical American victim-blaming mentality, rather than look at the facts objectively?

Therefore, this says that my health problems are probably environmentally caused, especially in a toxic, polluted, hot, humid place like Angeles City, where I'm always sweating, fatigued and have no energy, and am VERY uncomfortable. Isn't that the logical conclusion here?
How do you explain the above? You still think pollution, heat and humidity are miniscule factors? Why can't you admit that you're wrong?

Also, I know what makes me happy, not you. So why do you expect me to listen to you when I am 99 percent sure I will regret it if I do? No one I know in the US is experiencing radiation poisoning. I can't cancel plans to go there over some far fetched theory like that. Come on now. The odds are on my side. It's not logical to make big decisions over what alternative websites say. A lot of it is fearmongering and doesn't come true. Do you really think it's rational to cancel plans just cause of what some websites say?

You wanna place a bet on whether I'll get radiation poisoning in Washington or not? What if I don't? Will you admit that you were wrong?

Why don't you ask Mark Davis, who is near the West Coast, if he's experiencing any radiation fallout from Japan? Should Mark stay in the Ukraine and not come back to America, cause of the radiation danger from Japan too?

Mark,
Thanks but I don't need to stay in the US for a few years to recuperate. Just a few months is fine. We have a nice home there. Washington has lots and lots of nature. My parents think it is a good plan too. We have a wonderful spacious meditation room there too, where I used to read and study and meditate. And it's super clean, food does not spoil when it's left out, and the tap water is drinkable. And food is a million times better than here. I hate to say this, but I miss the movie theater butter popcorn in the US too. lol. Nowhere makes it like it's made there. I used to walk into movie theaters just to buy that addicting butter rich flavored popcorn there, without even seeing the movie. lol

As to Ukraine, everyone tells me that Ukrainian women are not attracted to Asian men. Another option is China of course. But I can't go everywhere at once. Also, I have an expat friend in Palawan who is inviting me to visit too. He says it is clean with no pollution and wonderful sea breeze.

Wow the grivna to dollar ratio is 7.95 to 1? That's high! I thought the US dollar was tanking. When I was in Ukraine in 2002, the grivna to dollar was 5 to 1. I wonder why it's increased.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S,
Ok I just read your article:

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-radia ... -s-states/

Yeah there are traces of radiation on the west coast from Japan. But they are small and not high enough to cause concern or danger to people. Either way, the chances of me getting sick from that are millions to one.

So you expect me to cancel all my plans for a million to one risk?!?!?!?!?! That's insane! Totally illogical! :::::::shaking head::::::::::

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also Mr S,
You forget that not only is my health affected in AC, but my mental alertness as well. That means it's hard for me to make good clear decisions. You're not seeing the big picture. Sure I'm going to do dumb things sometimes when my head and awareness is f***ed here. But again, it's due to the environment. Why do you have a hard time accepting that? And that's exactly why I need to get out, so I can get my mental alertness back to the way it normally was before AC f***ed it up! Once I do that, I will be able to make BETTER decisions and f**k up less in life! Understand? That's why it's important for me to get my health and normal mental alertness back!

LOOK I AM VERY f***ing UNCOMFORTABLE HERE OK! AND SUFFERING LIKE CRAZY! I'M SO f***ing TIRED OF IT! AT THIS MOMENT I'M SCREAMING IN PAIN TOO! WHY THE f**k CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? DON'T COMPARE ME TO YOU. YOU ARE NOT AS FRAGILE AS I AM. MY BODY IS NOT LIKE YOURS. JUST CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE PROBLEMS I DO DOESN'T MEAN THAT MY PROBLEMS CAN'T BE ENVIRONMENT RELATED! WHAT THE HELL KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?! I KNOW MY BODY BETTER THAN YOURS. I KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE IT BETTER TOO. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO ARGUE WITH THAT?

In doing so, you are making a bad decision too.

Your judgment is clouded as well in the PI. When you go to a bar in AC, you always wait out the whole night to barfine someone, and then you end up with nothing. Then you regret and say that you shouldn't have done that, but the next time you go to AC, you make THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN! You've been making that same mistake since 2006! Talk about bad judgment. Don't act like your judgment is always perfect either! Why is it so hard for you to barfine someone early? I always do that. Why can't you? Yet you never do and regret it afterward. I've never seen a guy repeat the same mistake EVERY SINGLE TIME for years!

You are a great talker, but when it comes to doing things, you f**k up as well! You know it!

So, both of us have brain farts in the PI. It has a toxic affect on our minds and spirits. The thing is, you can't leave cause you have obligations like your daughter, so you make excuses to stay, and condemn my decision to leave. But you can't imagine the suffering I'm under. I'm a much more fragile and sensitive person than you can imagine. I know it's unmanly to say that, but it's true. I'm not gonna lie about it. I was just born that way. But it is a FACT that my health was VERY GOOD, ABOVE AVERAGE in the US! Why does that fact tick you off? Why do you not acknowledge or accept that? What's your problem? You're not being objective.

But the fact is, the longer you stay in PI, the more screwed up your brain and spirit will be, and the more you will deteriorate. Even you said before, that PI is not conducive to spirituality. It isn't, at least not on Luzon island. You can deny that, but it won't change it. You are wasting your life here. There are far better places to live in the world than Manila that are not hot, humid and polluted with shitty infrastructure.

Plus, as you know, the average life expectancy is low in the PI. Most people do not live long lives here. There's gotta be a reason for that. That's a bad sign and you know it.

You are also very UNWISE to argue with someone's heart. I know my health and happiness better than you do. Telling someone what to do with their life is stupid, dangerous and unwise. Even therapists don't do it.

Mr S, we all know that you do not respect or admire PI culture at all. So to stay here for you is insane too. One should not stay in a culture that one does not admire or respect. You are only dragging yourself down into the ditch, and wasting your life and time. If you saw what Europe had to offer, you'd realize how much time you've wasted here. The only benefit here is cheap sex with low quality women. NOTHING else is good compared to other "nicer" countries and cultures.

Bottom line: You DO NOT fit in the PI either. Thus you are wasting your time and making excuses to stay here too. I know what your reasons are. You don't need to explain them. But what I say still holds true too.
Last edited by Winston on July 23rd, 2011, 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Who told you Ukrainian women are not attracted to Asian men? My black bro, Law Jackson, was told that they hated black men and were continual victims of violent crime. Jeez, what a load of crap!
He's glad he didn't listen and went anyway. Said he always felt safe and got LOTS of female attention and married to an amazing 25 year old blonde and they just had their first baby. A good guy can find tons of female attention in Ukraine and they are among the most beautiful in the world.
Mark
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Who told you Ukrainian women are not attracted to Asian men? My black bro, Law Jackson, was told that they hated black men and were continual victims of violent crime. Jeez, what a load of crap!
He's glad he didn't listen and went anyway. Said he always felt safe and got LOTS of female attention and married to an amazing 25 year old blonde and they just had their first baby. A good guy can find tons of female attention in Ukraine and they are among the most beautiful in the world.
Mark
Several sources:

1) Russian women told me, and Russian men too.
2) The forum members here told me too, including a guy from Ukraine called have2fly. See here: viewtopic.php?t=2533
3) My experiences in being rejected by them on the spot.

An expat's wife in Crimea once told him behind my back that "There's no way in hell Winston can ever get a real Russian wife. He's just too unmanly looking. Russian women can never go for that."

A black guy has a better chance cause some Ukrainian women do like black men. But Asians have less of a chance.

Kristine, a Ukrainian American woman on this forum, wrote regarding this issue:

viewtopic.php?t=2533
I am sorry to say, but it is true that Russian women usually do NOT like to date or marry Asian men. I have only recently realized the magnitude of the anti-Chinese tendencies in Russian social life, because my own family does not share that belief. I have learned that in the most typical social settings of Russia, it is a rare situation when a Russian woman would be attracted to an Asian men, and if she is, her family would be so against it, that she would eventually not feel right about it. There are rare exceptions with Korean men, and sometimes Japanese men do OK, but Chinese men tend to be viewed as undesirable. In fact, a family friend recently told me of a Russian proverb about Chinese people having 6 faces and no beauty. Black men actually have better odds in Russia than far East Asian men (they have that whole "Pushkin was a black man" thing going for them), especially Chinese men. On the other hand, in general, dark eyes, darker skin and dark hair are considered very attractive in Russia (just not on Chinese people). I am familiar with the most famous celebrities, rock stars. musicians, models and sex symbols of Russia, and most of them have very dark eyes and hair. Sometimes they have sort of a gypsy look, and the Bollywood Indian movies are very popular, so it may be that Indians would be considered attracive, but not Chinese. I think that if a Chinese guy likes white girls, he'd have better luck in the United States than Russia to be honest. Maybe Iceland, Germany or Scandinavia may work out better? Somewhere else in Europe maybe.
It's so bad that even in brothels I went to in Russia and Poland, the white women did not want me and refused me.

So I know from experience.

Now, that doesn't mean that it's impossible for Asian men to marry Russian/Ukrainian women. They can and they have. But the odds are heavily stacked against them, unless they are good looking, sexy and athletic looking in some way.

I don't know if things have changed now. There are many nice girls there, but they will mostly want me for friendship and cultural exchange, not for real romance. They simply aren't attracted to Asian men, especially if he's not tall and athletic looking.

So I'd probably have fun there, but not be taken seriously. In Russia, I had the same experience. I met thousands of girls who were friendly and open to me, but they did not take me seriously as a date or romantic prospect.

But anyhow, I'm more attracted to Asian women than white women now anyway :)

That being said, Mark, if any Asian guy on your tour ever proves me wrong, please let us know :)
Last edited by Winston on July 24th, 2011, 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You just validated my point that if someone doesn't agree with you, you have to then go on a long diatribe about why that person is wrong and you're right, in a very condescending way most of the time too. I'm providing info to you to make a decision not telling you what you should do. You take things way too personal and go on the offensive for no reason.

What you stated about bar hopping is only true occasionally, not all the time. I don't like to bar fine early and bar hop with girls, so yeah occasionally I didn't go home with anyone but you've only been out with me a few times so you're only making assumptions to attack me and make me feel bad so that you can justify a superior stance over whatever outcomes I have in a night. I don't particularly care anymore whether I go home with a girl or not cause I've lost interest in the whole bar hopping thing now anyways.

Making excuses for staying here? Like what? I said I can't leave my kid alone with her mother cause if I do she will turn into a PI cultural turd. Her mother has no parents and her brothers/sisters are all married and poor. If I left and just was a heartless asshole my daughter would have a very shitty childhood and turn out f***ed as an adult, with resentments against me. I care what happens to my kid and I can accomplish things in PI while she grows older. When the time is right I'll leave, it's not like I'm in my 50's, in poor health and the sands of time are against me. I'm sure from reading previous posts about your attitude towards children I don't expect you to see my point of view or circumstances. But I think a lot of guys on here wouldn't be putting me down for trying to do the right thing when there is a life involved. You don't need to revert to put downs and accusing me that I'm making excuses. You don't want to be in your kids life and you don't think others should either? Fine, your opinion and decision. But don't put down others who do want to be a part of their child's life, not treating them like they are some kind of demented idiot or something. Why don't you ask Mark why he is still a part of his son's life and raises him personally, maybe you'll learn something.

BTW, I'm not going to keep going in endless debate circles about this subject. You've said your piece and I've said mine. Let's leave it that. You can direct your posts to other members who want to chime in.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It looks like many countries have detected contamination from the radiation in Japan, including China and Europe, not just the USA.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110330 ... orldwide_1

Mr S, I know your reasons about your kid. I'm just saying that you don't fit in PI either. You are only staying for someone else, not cause you fit in here. The fact is a fact.

Mark at least lives in a nice decent clean first world country with nice conveniences. He doesn't have to force himself to stay in a country that's bad for him.

I didn't advocate abandoning your child, but I could never stay in a country I suffered in just for a child. No way. I'd leave or try to take him with me. We gotta think of ourselves too, not just others. Otherwise, life will devour you if you don't take care of yourself and only care about others. Selflessness is a virtue, but it doesn't help one survive. The universe doesn't reward it.

In this universe, everything from bacteria to stars and planets devour energy from something else in order to survive. That's the way physical reality works. Yet all is one and everything is interconnected. That's a contradiction, but both are true.

The point with that analogy is that you have to survive and take energy too, and do what's best for you. The universe doesn't reward you for being selfless.

Parents tell me that being a parent is a lifelong responsibility. It drains you and ages you. In that sense, kids are energy vampires who will steal your energy. That's what creeps me out.

I care about my kid and support him, but I'm not gonna totally forget all my needs and wishes and only care about his. That's f***ing insane. Yet society expects me to do that? No f***ing way! I have needs and I have to take care of them too. I don't live for someone else.

Fathers are less emotionally attached to children anyway. This is true in the animal kingdom too.

Btw, I'm not talking about the times I went bar hopping with you. I'm talking about all the times you went bar hopping alone, and ended up with nothing and let all the sexy girls you wanted get away. You've repeated that mistake many times since 2006, not just occasionally. You said so yourself, not me.

well-informed
Freshman Poster

So the come to Washington then

Post by well-informed »

Come to WA then, go do the things that you "claim" you once did in the 1990's. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even do a quarter of what you say do today

1990's winston : 4 minutes of jogging 1990's winston: can play tennis for 4 sets
2011 winston : 1 minute of jogging 2011 winston : can play tennis for only a set

The problem isn't the environment, the problem is YOU Winston.. IT'S YOU. Come back to Washington and you'll see that you can't do the things that you once did. Moving from place to place isn't going to change anything at all. That's the thing about you, as soon as someone disagrees with you, you go post a whole page on why you're right.. when you're not.

You think Washington is going to change the fact that
1. You've gotten older, slower and weaker. That's your next excuse you're not going to blame yourself, you're going to blame nature for making the great Winston older in age
2. You've gotten lazier, excuses and more excuses
3. Horrible diet and using the facade of being "vegetarian" as a way to justify that you're healthy, when you're clearly not. Nice one let's eat more brownies
4. You don't have the self-will/determination to make your body healthy. Now you've gotten to the point of no return. Winston do you even have testerone left in your body? I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings

Unless you yourself change, then you're going to stay the same. Please don't even go about your great exaggerated immune system, because i can't even remember the last time i was sick. Heck if i was in Angeles i would work out at home (something you should have been doing the whole time). I'm not into the american victim-blaming mentality, its just i call it like i see it. All i see and hear are excuses and whining on your part. So please tell everyone how i'm wrong and after your WA trip you're going to become Olympic athlete you always were :)

*By the way therapists do tell people what to do with their lives ok. It's of no help actually.