Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Okay, so I'm back in the States for a few weeks after having been abroad outside of the Anglosphere (Asia) for quite a while. I'm only here for a while, but here are the things I miss from the States:
1) Incredible variety of diverse foods from all over the world. Plus, I miss chains like Wendy's, Five Guy's, Cracker Barrel's, and others that you don't find abroad.
2) Great quality beef which is hard to find in China.
3) Good, clean environment with good quality air, unlike most parts of Asia or Latin America. (I'm sure you guys know how polluted China is).
4) Great natural parks
5) Cable TV is wonderful. It's difficult to watch these shows sometimes abroad.
6) People speak English here, so it's easy to communicate. (I know this one sounds strange, but after being abroad in a country where practically no one speaks English, it's a relief to not have to struggle with communication everywhere I go).
7) Big houses, unlike the tiny houses found in most countries outside of the Anglo-world.
Easy to find and buy products that you can't find sometimes outside the developed world. In America, it's so easy to find stores that sell the products you need.
9) Easy to find clothes and shoes that fit. (In Asia, it can be a real pain to find shoes that are over Size 44s, or finding jeans that aren't the faggy, thin style jeans that are so trendy in this part of this world).
10) Fast, reliable Internet that isn't blocked by the government. (cough, China! )
11) Dealing with finances and banks are easy and straightforward, unlike places like China where transacting money is such a pain in the ass.
Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!
Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.
Find Your Foreign Sweetheart Now! Try our international Dating Sites and Overseas Romance Tours!
Things I don't miss about America:
1) The constant racial tension you feel in many parts of America and other Anglo countries.
I feel so race conscious whenever I'm in any Anglo country, whether that be in England, Canada or the United States. I know it's because I'm a minority, whereas in Asia, I'm the majority race. I feel as if I'm constantly judged due to my skin color by other races in America. I don't feel like that in Korea, China, or other parts of Asia. Also, I prefer living in homogeneous Asian countries because I'm not so self conscious being a different race or ethnicity.
There's a lot of racial conflicts in America even in so called 'liberal cities.' And it's not just an American problem, too. I felt the same way when I lived in England, and visited other Anglo countries such as Canada and Australia.
Another thing that really bothers me is how race is constantly talked about and mentioned on the news, on the radio and by people face to face. It gets really annoying after a while. ...
2) People are so cliquish and in their own groups, it's hard to find new friends or acquaintances. (This is a common complaint on our forums about the Western world).
3) Feminist propaganda is everywhere...
4) People are so obese and fat, especially the woman, it's hard to find attractive woman these days. ...
5) I hate the rat race mentality in America.
6) American's are douchebags who love to fight and argue over little things that spill over into violent situations, sometimes.
7) Fear of crime and unsafe neighborhoods. (I never feel unsafe in Asia, except in some very rare situations. Also it helps that there aren't many Mexican gangbangers, violent ghetto thugs or racist White guys in Asia. haha).
In short you miss Satan ...
This is by Design...Its called Jewry...
They mix good with bad but in the end YOU WILL LOOSE...every country has this scam going on..Mix Good with Bad but in the end you loose ALWAYS. If the amount of Good was even 50%, There would not be this forum it self.
Whenever you can measure " Things I hate and love about so and so...."...Know its Evil by Design...
There is nothing good in America. Period. Its Satanic...You shouldn't have gone back to hell.
The good things are a trap to lure you in....America is total, complete, waste, crapland just like any country in Africa...Its for the sheep to be slaughtered....
The AI/Satan has fooled humanity into thinking....Good always has to come with Bad aka their model for the world called America.
Whenever you have love hate relationship with anything...MOVE ON...
A place should completely LOVE YOU...They managed to sneak in Bad which is what they wanted when they created America with supposedly "Good" intention.
Hell always starts beautifully...else, no one will go in
If you want to get US channels and movies, check Craigslist to see if anyone is selling tv box with kodi pre loaded for you. Have them show you the functions and the channels/shows avail before buying.
If you are in TW or HK look for unblock tech ubox. Again, make sure they pre load the apps for you and show you what is avail.
Zboy, I suspect most of Asia is very racist deep down, especially as it pertains to skin color.
The feminist problem is a growing one here. Have you noticed that Hollywood has been projecting females now as physically superior to men, with movies showing a female dominating/beating up a man all the time. It's in almost every movie. Feminism is completely out of control and unrealistic. Have you also noticed the movement to feminize men so that women can further dominate them? Stay abroad as this is hard to stomach...
Asians are racist. I will not argue that point. The good thing is...as long as you look like 'one of them,' they won't bother you. So I have that advantage of being Asian and being able to blend in to almost every Asian country except for the South Asian countries.
If you're White, Black or Arab in some Asian countries. Forget it! You'll be treated with suspicion and sometimes outright hostility.
I'm with you on that. I especially miss chains that you only find in certain areas of the U.S., such as Whataburger (almost the entire southern part of the country, most popular in Texas), In-N-Out (California, southern and western Arizona, and parts of Nevada, Texas, Oregon, and Utah), and Blake's Lotaburger (New Mexico; a few new locations have recently opened in Tucson, Arizona, and El Paso, Texas).
For me, I am no longer fond of most American brand clothes, as I find them to be too casual and loose-fit for my tastes. Instead I like to buy European-brand/Euro-influenced brand clothes like Zara or Drape.