Study Shows Miami is the Worst City in America

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Study Shows Miami is the Worst City in America

Post by jamesbond »

It is a city said to be glamorous, historic, scenic, vibrant and charming. Nonetheless, Miami has been named the absolute “worst city to live in,” according to a meticulous new analysis of demographics and other data.

Researchers from 24/7 Wall Street, a consumer and financial advisory site, based their conclusions on U.S. Census Bureau statistics from 550 American cities with populations over 65,000. They collected numbers on categories such as crime, economy, education, environment, health, housing, infrastructure, and leisure to make their judgments.

“No city in the United States is worse to live in than Miami. The city’s median home value of $245,000 is well above the national median of $181,200. However, with a median household income of only $31,917 a year, well below the national median of $53,657, most of these homes are either out of reach or a financial burden on most Miami residents,” the authors noted in their rationale. “Like most of the worst cities to live in, more than one in every four people in Miami live in poverty.”

They also cited “citywide violence” along with rates of incarceration, unstable employment, lower cognitive functioning among children, and “anxiety.”

Detroit was in second place on the list, followed by: Paterson, New Jersey; Hawthorne, California; Fall River, Massachusetts; Birmingham, Alabama; Memphis, Tennessee; Flint, Michigan; Cleveland, Ohio; and Gary, Indiana to round out the top-10. Washington, D.C., incidentally, was No. 46.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -live-in-/
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Study Shows Miami is the Worst City in America

Post by Moretorque »

Isn't Miami like the most diverse melting pot ? you are essentially looking at the future of America if not most of the world..........
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Funny cause just a few years ago everyone (offline) was simply in love with Miami for the beaches and for the girls.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I call South Florida my home base in the USA. I recently sold all of my investment property in Miami however, because I could never go back to live in that particular city. Miami was alright when the early Cubans came to develop it. Successive waves of less affluent and cultured Cubans came, then other Latins escaping repression and economic troubles, and finally the Caribbean blacks (Haitian, Jamaican, Bahamian, etc) most of whom are not the creme of the crop pollute that city. For all the troubles that the Caribbean blacks bring, they are far and above more enterprising than the native black population which is as backward and pathological as I have ever seen in the USA.

I prefer Key West or Fort Lauderdale to Miami. Keep in mind that Miami is different than Miami Beach, which is still the international playground for people who want to come off as cool but fall short.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

I heard Miami has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. And it's a liberal stronghold. Go figure.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:It is a city said to be glamorous, historic, scenic, vibrant and charming. Nonetheless, Miami has been named the absolute “worst city to live in,” according to a meticulous new analysis of demographics and other data.

Researchers from 24/7 Wall Street, a consumer and financial advisory site, based their conclusions on U.S. Census Bureau statistics from 550 American cities with populations over 65,000. They collected numbers on categories such as crime, economy, education, environment, health, housing, infrastructure, and leisure to make their judgments.

“No city in the United States is worse to live in than Miami. The city’s median home value of $245,000 is well above the national median of $181,200. However, with a median household income of only $31,917 a year, well below the national median of $53,657, most of these homes are either out of reach or a financial burden on most Miami residents,” the authors noted in their rationale. “Like most of the worst cities to live in, more than one in every four people in Miami live in poverty.”

They also cited “citywide violence” along with rates of incarceration, unstable employment, lower cognitive functioning among children, and “anxiety.”

Detroit was in second place on the list, followed by: Paterson, New Jersey; Hawthorne, California; Fall River, Massachusetts; Birmingham, Alabama; Memphis, Tennessee; Flint, Michigan; Cleveland, Ohio; and Gary, Indiana to round out the top-10. Washington, D.C., incidentally, was No. 46.

Fascinating!!!!
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

jamesbond wrote:
June 30th, 2016, 6:39 am
It is a city said to be glamorous, historic, scenic, vibrant and charming. Nonetheless, Miami has been named the absolute “worst city to live in,” according to a meticulous new analysis of demographics and other data.

That study is totally false! East St. Louis, Illinois is the worst city in America! Not Miami, not Detroit, not Opa Locka, not Flint, not Paterson. East St. Louis.

East St. Louis is a citywide terror city. Shootings, homicides, armed car jackings, and even terrorist bombings and IED attacks occur in broad daylight in East St. Louis. Poverty is far worse than you can imagine. There are no jobs in East St. Louis. Discrimination is widespread. The only "safe" way to see East St. Louis is to fly over it in a jet airplane at no lower than 5,000 feet.