IT openings avail in Los Angeles and Orange County (CA)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

IT openings avail in Los Angeles and Orange County (CA)

Post by momopi »

I had lunch with the HR manager today, and he asked if I could help refer some applicants to IT job openings at the company. We have about 30 IT openings for the following:

PHP Developer
Software Developer
Web Developer
Database Administrator
Database Developer
QA Analyst
Software Engineer
Web Solutions Architect
Information Security Analyst
Mobile Developer

We have both regular and senior level positions avail. If any IT professionals local to LA/OC would like to apply for above listed positions, feel free to PM me and send me a copy of your resume. I'd be happy to make the referrals and discuss company/job specifications/requirements in PM or e-mail only. And just to let you know what you're getting into:

* Unlike other companies with monthly release cycles, we have two software release cycles every week.
* Like Google, your interview process may require writing code on a white board to prove your skill.
* You'll be expected to observe and learn quickly. Do not expect long formal training or patient coworkers.
* Not everyone can handle the fast pace or pick up quickly. Turnover rate is ~20%/year.

So don't yell "OMG you tossed me into a volcano" to me on your 1st week. Standard basic requirements (college degree, prior relevant work experience), market rate pay, 3 weeks of paid vacations (4 weeks after 2 years) + 10 paid holidays. Loose dress code (jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, tattoos, piercings, geek chic OK).
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

We have a couple entry level positions that opened this week. These are suitable for recent college grads looking for work. No prior work experience is required, but you need to be skilled (interview process will require demonstration of your skills). We have various IT positions open in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Denver. Our company has offices in over 3 dozen countries, and transfers is possible after 1-2 years employment. However I cannot guarantee open positions in oversea offices or your transfer request (YMMV).

Web Developer
BS in CS, MIS, or equivalent with 3.0 GPA or better.
Skilled in HTML, DHTML, JavaScript, CSS, XML, XSL, XSLT, JQuery
Skilled in Java, C#, or ASP.NET for web dev
Skilled in ASP, JSP, or PHP
Skilled in Photoshop
Note: Interview process will include hand-coding on paper or white board (no computers)

Software Engineer
BS in CS, Engineering, or equivalent
Skilled in Visual Studio .NET, C#, SQL, XML, XSLT, OOP
Skilled in Relational Database Systems
Skilled in User interface design for web apps
Skilled in BMC Control-M (as user and admin)
Familiar with HTML, XML, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, and SMTP

Mobile App Developer
BS in CS or Engineering preferred but not required
Skilled in mobile application development and object-oriented programming
Skilled in Objective C, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, iPhone SDK
Skilled in Java, Eclipse, and Android SDK
Skilled in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery
Skilled in Microsoft .NET 4.0, WCF and ASP.NET
Have presentable portfolio of published mobile apps on Apple iTunes or Android Marketplace