Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

My theory on women in US cities based on statistics

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

My theory on women in US cities based on statistics

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:25 am

This is very politically incorrect, but I mean no offense to anyone.

Ask yourself, why is Eastern Europe such a great place to meet women? Like Winston has said many times, it's a matter of supply and demand. More women = more single women = less competition between men = women are nicer and more open. I think this has a domino affect, creating less animosity between men and is generally better for society.

This theory can be applied to the US also. But, what's the biggest single factor affecting the number of desirable women in the US? I think it is the obesity rate, which in some US cities is as high as 68.7%. It's a simple truth that men want attractive women, especially in the US were the media bombards men with unrealistic images of beauty on a constant basis. So in theory you have 100% of men pursuing 30% of women in some places in the US.

So my theory is, that a US city with a lower obesity/overweight rate will have a better men to desirable women ratio, dictating less competition/ more availability of women.

Here's an example. When I was in Amsterdam I met an attractive girl from Tuscon Arizona, I had to leave town before any sort of relationship could develop, but she was very nice and seemed moderately interested in me. I found this to be bizarre as she was gorgeous, and American women are almost never interested in me. But if you think about it: Tuscon has one of the lowest obesity rates in the country, hence less competition for men, more competition for women. This could explain why she was more friendly, open, and didn't think I was a 'creep' when I flirted with her. I realize one personal experience doesn't make for a complete statistic, but it made me think.

So, if you're looking to relocate inside the US the 'fittest' cities, such as Honolulu or Tuscon would be the easiest to find a partner and probably have a more relaxed atmosphere.
Jack
Freshman Poster

Postby gmm567 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 pm

yea no question supply and demand has a huge impact. And the obesity has made a lot of women undesirable. But even still, culture has an impact on attitudes, and I think american women have been bombarded with a lot of anti -men attitudes. Also,It's not the men who have an unreasonable beauty expectations ; I am thinking its women. You have to be rich, handsome, high status, tall, buff, trim and do all the work. They have to diet, spend a few minutes putting on makeup and showup somewhere.

Your chick was on vacation--that makes a difference!. But I think your theory should be tested to find out whether you do indeed find a difference. A trip to Tucson, may be fruitfull.

It would be a great contribution to this site.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby LukeSkywalker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:35 am

For me in the USA, sweet girls in the country, and not in the cities, are the way to go. When I wass 18, I dated a girl from a small farming communuty and I'll never forget it. Best relationship I ever had in my life, and sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life. Except that the Polish girls from the small towns were just as sweet, so I guess now she is tied for sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life.

I mean -- those country girls are pretty fit, so maybe your supply and demand theory plays into that as well.
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Postby gmm567 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:38 am

Where are you getting your stats on obesity?

I'd like to see that stuff. It is an interesting theory.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Country girls are the best!

Postby jamesbond » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 am

LukeSkywalker wrote:For me in the USA, sweet girls in the country, and not in the cities, are the way to go. When I wass 18, I dated a girl from a small farming communuty and I'll never forget it. Best relationship I ever had in my life, and sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life. Except that the Polish girls from the small towns were just as sweet, so I guess now she is tied for sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life.

I mean -- those country girls are pretty fit, so maybe your supply and demand theory plays into that as well.

When I was in college one of my girlfriends lived on a farm and was very sweet and humble, unlike most women in America! Country girls are definetely nicer and easier to deal with than women from big cities!
Last edited by jamesbond on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:54 am

When I was in Amsterdam I met an attractive girl from Tuscon Arizona, I had to leave town before any sort of relationship could develop, but she was very nice and seemed moderately interested in me. I found this to be bizarre as she was gorgeous, and American women are almost never interested in me.

I never thought about it 'til now, but I had a much better time with American women while in another country, no matter how amazing they looked. Probably because they are isolated there. For example, in Japan, the Japanese men aren't trying to get with them. Suddenly they are very open and seem just happy to have someone to talk to. If you're there to be inside the local culture it seems like you can't get rid of them.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:19 am

There is definitely a difference from state to state, when it comes to the dating scene, or male/female ratio. I have lived in different states, and from what I have observed, coastal areas tend to be not so favorable for men.

The same guy who can't get a date in California, will have young women throwing their panties at him in the midwest. LOL!
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Postby Jack » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 am

This was just a rough theory I had been thinking about, there are lots of other variables that it doesn't take into account.

Where are you getting your stats on obesity?

I don't remember the exact websites I was looking at, but you can just type in "US obesity rate" or something like that in Google and there are lots of sites.

Actually I should clarify, I was using the term 'obese' loosely; it turns out it's actually a medical term which means body mass index over 30. And overweight is 25. So in the US approximately 30% obesity rate, and 65% overweight or obese, but again, this varies from city to city.
Jack
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 am

There are other things that make American girls unattractive even if not obese.

The ethnic composition is just not as "juicy" as say in Brazil of Thailand. Most people are from N. Western Europe. Also, the mannerism and the way they dress is just plain. Many act and dress like boys, not girls. Again, you need to have a point of reference. If you grew up among girls like these:

http://www.russianthongs.com/hot_girls/

These look plain:

http://www.thebulletin.ws/images/Photos ... ngirls.jpg
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:34 am

Unfortunately, many women do dress butch here and tend to be overweight ... There are so many reasons for this.

Part of the reason for the style of dress being so boyish is because the American standard of beauty has a strong value on a woman's ability to look good without traditional female adornments. I remember growing up, men often wanted a girl that could look good in white tennis shoes, a t-shirt and no make-up. Hooters girls always wore white tennis shoes and shorts, and that was always considered sexy. The younger generation is changing, however, and I notice younger men are more drawn to women who wear high heels, perfume and lipstick.

I think the problem with obesity has allot to do with the lack of activity, and widely available high calorie convenience foods. Everyone drives, never walks, and works so much in a physically inactive job, that they have no time to burn calories. If you sit in an office or cubie, it's tempting to want to graze on high calorie snacks to relieve boredom/stress. The average female office worker probably only needs around 1100-1300 calories a day simply to maintain her weight! The body is pretty hard programed to want more calories than that, so it's difficult. You need to take vitamins if you eat so few calories all the time, or it causes dark circles and dull complexion from the lack of nutrients. I try to chew sugar free gum and keep a food/calorie journal (as dorky as that sounds, it works) and take vitamins. In other countries, people don't have to think so much about counting calories, because they are out living and burning the calories as nature intended. This is a pretty serious problem in America, and it should be a priority to try to resolve this ... we can learn how to dress better later, but first we need to lose some weight so the clothes look good.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Postby Enishi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:35 am

I think that if people working in an office need an energy boost, its better if they bring some fruit from home with them, rather than buying a candy bar.

Also, I was able to bring my weight down VERY quickly by controlling my carb intake via the Atkins diet.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:09 pm

Ask yourself, why is Eastern Europe such a great place to meet women? Like Winston has said many times, it's a matter of supply and demand.

You lost it with your intro there. Winnie met mostly women who were looking to fleece him. Otherwise, they couldn't stand him. The sole exception was a naive young girl named Alina, who he promptly cheated on and literally laughed in her face when she was hurt.

This was at the same time he was posting (spamming) numerous RW (Russian Women) fora about, among many other things, he didn't find Asian women attractive, at all. Now, years later, having utterly failed with RW even with his presumed supply/demand notion (which is not true, BTW, if that matters), he has opted for Asian women in one of the poorest countries on earth. Wherein, economic desperation rules. And even then, he is still reduced to dealing mainly with hookers.

Dr. Strangelove
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:33 am

KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:Unfortunately, many women do dress butch here and tend to be overweight ... There are so many reasons for this.

Part of the reason for the style of dress being so boyish is because the American standard of beauty has a strong value on a woman's ability to look good without traditional female adornments..

There is also the Puritanical tradition of modesty in dress and frowning upon beauty through dressing well and using make-up.

Go from Burlington Vermont to Montreal , Quebec. Dress-wise it is like going from skid row to Rodeo Drive.

Ride a subway in Boston and Montreal and see how people dress and look.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:43 am

[quote=" he has opted for Asian women in one of the poorest countries on earth. Wherein, economic desperation rules. And even then, he is still reduced to dealing mainly with hookers.
.[/quote]

Lol. But the Philippines is not that poor. And it is not one of he poorest on Earth. It is slightly below center when you put it in the family of nations according to the GDP and PPP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... y_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:03 am

Okay, fair enough. Let me put it another way. Winston gravitates to the cheapest and least demanding whores he can find.

Dr. Strangelove
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation