Good Article on Prudish American Culture

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Good Article on Prudish American Culture

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

"Prudishness has created a situation of relative difficulty in men and women coming together and enjoying dating or their relationship. It hastens people into often ill-fitting marital unions in a misguided effort to avoid pre-marital sex. It has perpetuated a tacit quid-pro-quo in dating, where dating for it’s own sake, is viewed by many as the man taking advantage of the woman. It is one where women, not wanting to be castigated as easy or a slut, cannot simply enjoy a sexual relationship for it’s own sake, but must make pretense at there being a definite future for each encounter she engages in. The result can be an endless string of rebound relationships and a propensity to try to badger whomever the “homme du jourâ€￾ might be, into proposing prematurely.

In large part due to our prudish views on sex, I believe, we as a nation rank third lowest in the Durex 2007-2008 Global Sexual Wellbeing Survey. We have sex less often, have fewer lifetime partners, are less open and experimental, and are generally less satisfied. An underwhelming performance all round.
"

http://alphadominance.com/?p=510
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

All true. The problem is that untraveled American guys falsely believe that it does't get any better than American women, when in fact, it likely gets no worse than American women.

Just saying hello to an American women is enough to have sexual harassment charges lodged at worst, or a reputation as a "creepy guy" at best.

We live in a sick society gentlemen. Leave it while you can.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:All true. The problem is that untraveled American guys falsely believe that it does't get any better than American women, when in fact, it likely gets no worse than American women.

Just saying hello to an American women is enough to have sexual harassment charges lodged at worst, or a reputation as a "creepy guy" at best.

We live in a sick society gentlemen. Leave it while you can.
Your right, in America if a guy even says "hi" to a woman that he doesn't know, the woman may label him as a "creep" or a "stalker." :shock:

If your friendly to a woman at work, she might tell her boss that you are "sexually harassing" her! :roll:

No wonder why we have so many dateless and sexually frustrated men in the USA. Amerrica is like a social and sexual prison for men!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good Article on Prudish American Culture

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

stiff upper lip, and a limp dick

Post by odbo »

Ghost wrote:I think one of the problems is here in the U.S. we still have a lot of prudishness leftover from when we were had traditional values. And now we are not traditional, we are modern...but the prudish mindset, or its remnants, are still there. So an American woman may appear in all ways closed sexually, not wanting to appear a slut, while at the same time she is f***ing many guys. I don't really understand it.
Most of our customs came from England. British Empire = prudish empire. I hate everything about it. I don't blame Latin American immigrants for making fun of us. The whole point is to force people to suppress their soul in every aspect of life until, before they know it, they lose all touch with it. After losing humane sensibilities they become the perfect worker bee for the queen, ready to do gruelling, dehumanizing work in exchange for imagined rewards like ribbons and medals, and capable of all sorts of cruelty in military or police service.

viewtopic.php?p=61891#61891