America's Best Cities (by category)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
FlipSurf
Freshman Poster

America's Best Cities (by category)

Post by FlipSurf »

http://www.travelandleisure.com/america ... e/friendly

Awesome site. Cities a rank in each category.

It is no shock to me that LA ranks at the bottom of the list for friendliest. I still stand by my opinion of Austin, TX as it ranks high in the friendly, attractive, and athletic/fit categories. I think this answers my previous question about the New York scene.

One thing is for sure... any place is better than LA for friendliness!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Most American cities are basically the same. The friendliest index might as well be measured in decimal increments since it's really the same attitudes and politics you will find anywhere else in America.
FlipSurf
Freshman Poster

Post by FlipSurf »

I'm on the same page with everyone that I'd definitely be happier abroad but your statement is definitely not true.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

It's not surprising to me that most of the big coastal cities are the least friendliest and small towns the opposite. Something about concentrating diverse people in crowded cities tend to make people rude, angry, and unfriendly towards others.