Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

From $150K/Year To Serving Lattes

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

From $150K/Year To Serving Lattes

Postby Taco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Stories of financial failure are becoming all too common in America.

How A Former Currency Strategist Went From $150K/Year To Serving Lattes At Starbucks

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-cr ... z1tG749Avj
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: From $150K/Year To Serving Lattes

Postby davewe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Taco wrote:Stories of financial failure are becoming all too common in America.

How A Former Currency Strategist Went From $150K/Year To Serving Lattes At Starbucks

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-cr ... z1tG749Avj

Well it's good to know I have a fallback job if I need it :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Think Different » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Happened to me. I was earning 6 figures in IT, got laid off/downsized and couldn't get back into the field. Now I earn less teaching English than I did at my first IT job 15 years ago. Not sure how to crawl out of this one. Trying to get through new IT certs, but the courses are basically unaffordable now.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation