Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old male

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fightforlove wrote:It's official I am moving to Chicago. I am going to be working in Gurnee (Lake County suburbs). Where should I live? Any recommendations?
There are plenty of nice suburbs near Gurnee. You can check out the suburbs of Northbrook, Glenview, Highland Park, Deerfield, Libertyville, Grayslake, Waukegan and Vernon Hills. There are plenty of other suburbs both around Gurnee and areas that are closer to the city.

Gurnee is quite far away from the city of Chicago, so if you decide to live in the city, be prepared for a brutal drive to your job in Gurnee (especially in the winter time). :shock:

You can always live in the suburbs (like I do) and go into the city on the weekends to have fun.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

conserve
Freshman Poster

Re: Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old mal

Post by conserve »

fightforlove wrote:Hello!

Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

I am native midwestern guy, 30, caucasian, I've been living in the Los Angeles suburbs for the past few years, but now thinking about moving to Chicago suburbs for a job, cheaper living costs and get back close to family and old friends. My experience is that So Cal is chock-full of women, but its tough if you don't find the right social circle, and when you do meet someone it involves a lot of driving!! :twisted: :D

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me? So Cal is nice in that you can find single 20s-30s people everywhere: city, burbs and small towns! And since if you throw a rock in the air you a pretty girl in the head in So Cal, you can find lots of thin, reasonably attractive girls minus the attitude (its simple economics).

So, how about Chicago? I'm not going to be living in the core of the city since my work will probably be in the 'burbs and I'm not particularly fond of immature/hipster dating scenes anyways, but I also don't want to find myself stuck in some dull suburb surrounded by 300-pounders and divorcees with 3 kids. Can you Chicagoans break down your city and particularly its suburbs and help me figure this out?
Chicagoland is totally a false city for dating and marriage. The suburbs are even worse than the city proper. In fact, really the whole state of Illinois is the same as Chicagoland in regards to the quality of local women.

I see that your turnoffs are the obese ladies, but sorry, in Illinois, only the morbidly obese (300 and 400 pounds, often heavier) ladies are likely to fall for any type of lower or even middle class guy. Although, if the average Joe is lucky, he might find someone as light as 225 pounds (210 minimum). But especially for lower class guys, especially those who depend on bicycles and the CTA for transportation, can only afford an apartment, guys who are disabled or have disabilities, and what not, sorry, but the only ladies you just might successfully hook up with in Illinois are the really heavyset ones. And I mean, the ones that are roughly 3 feet wide at the abdomen, give or take a few inches, the ones with that type of double chin that connects directly to the upper chest, completely replacing the entire forward neck, and often even bulges far forward, basically the type of obese women that are easily spotted and recognized in a heavy crowd because of their massive size.

In Illinois, especially in Chicagoland, the physically attractive women are totally spoiled rotten to the core when it comes to single guys. All they ever look for in a man are schoolhouse-sized mansions, luxury yachts on Lake Michigan, hundred grand Bentleys, they are practically a carbon copy of Veruca Salt in the 1971 movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Even to the point where a lot of them would rather date/marry a serial robber, drug runner/drug dealer, gang banger, and/or especially a bank robber, with millions of stolen dollars in his pockets, even if he has a dozen arrest warrants on him, instead of a loving family guy with a good heart and even a few tens of thousands of dollars earned the fair-and-square way. It is no surprise that the dating scene in Chicago's suburbs, especially in Chicago's collar county area (DuPage, Lake, Kane, DeKalb, McHenry, and Will counties), is far worse (for men looking for women) than it is in Cook County/Chicago proper.

If you want an attractive woman, do yourself a favor, and do your heart a favor. Stay out of Illinois!

There are plenty of other metro areas in the midwest where you face a significantly higher likelihood of finding someone attractive, including, for instance, Indianapolis, Memphis, Nashville, Des Moines, Omaha, Fort Wayne, Grand Rapids, Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, St. Louis (Missouri side only), and Kansas City.

Also, don't forget to check out other potentially dating-friendly metro areas such as New York City, Miami, Houston, New Orleans, Charleston, and Atlanta.
Last edited by conserve on August 4th, 2013, 12:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old mal

Post by OutWest »

fightforlove wrote:Hello!

Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

I am native midwestern guy, 30, caucasian, I've been living in the Los Angeles suburbs for the past few years, but now thinking about moving to Chicago suburbs for a job, cheaper living costs and get back close to family and old friends. My experience is that So Cal is chock-full of women, but its tough if you don't find the right social circle, and when you do meet someone it involves a lot of driving!! :twisted: :D

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me? So Cal is nice in that you can find single 20s-30s people everywhere: city, burbs and small towns! And since if you throw a rock in the air you a pretty girl in the head in So Cal, you can find lots of thin, reasonably attractive girls minus the attitude (its simple economics).

So, how about Chicago? I'm not going to be living in the core of the city since my work will probably be in the 'burbs and I'm not particularly fond of immature/hipster dating scenes anyways, but I also don't want to find myself stuck in some dull suburb surrounded by 300-pounders and divorcees with 3 kids. Can you Chicagoans break down your city and particularly its suburbs and help me figure this out?
I dunno, but I heard it rumored that Chicago is chock-full of American women.
Some people are gluttons for punishment! LOL

Outwest
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old male

Post by traveller »

Chicago is the absolute worst, hands down, for single guys. Women in Northern Illinois are the most toxic, spoiled, totally unapproachable, and hateful beings on Planet Earth. They are more unapproachable than African lions. And DuPage County, Illinois (Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Downers Grove, West Chicago, Warrenville, Bloomingdale, Bartlett, Addison, Glendale Heights, Carol Stream, etc) is the absolute most anti social area easily on Planet Earth.

Also, approaching a woman in Chicago proper, especially in Chicago's huge, endless war zone ghetto between Illinois Route 50/Cicero Avenue and the shores of Lake Michigan from Lawrence Avenue southward, will easily get you gunned down and murdered. There is an exodus of women from the suburbs into Chicago's massive 'hood' that are hooking up with gang bangers, cop killers, including those with stolen AK-47s and assault rifles that participate in Chicago's horrible, lethal, vicious, murderous flash mobs that shoot up crowds and public transit vehicles, often killing most on board and then robbing everyone. They are dating and marrying guys that drive stolen luxury sports cars, stolen limousines, and stolen RVs. They are dating and marrying guys with enough stolen cash and credit cards to turn Europe into their own playground. And they are dating guys who will blast another guy through the skull with an AK-47 for approaching within less than 50 feet of her.

Lincoln Park is one of the worst neighborhoods in North America because of the vicious and lethal flash mobs. River North is worse than south suburban Harvey and Ford Heights, and in fact, the only place in America that is worse than River North is East St. Louis.

Now, between Cicero Avenue and California Avenue, the 'hood' is mainly gangs. Gangs especially such as the Latin Kings, the Gangster Disciples, the Mickey Cobras, and what not. And usually the gangs occur in "pockets." But east of California Avenue (2800 west), there are no more "pockets" as that is when you get into the flash mob zone which covers every single square block all the way down to the lakefront and from Lawrence Avenue southward through the south suburbs, and also nonstop through Gary, Indiana.