Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What's Better- San Francisco or Tempe/Scottsdale ?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby E_Irizarry » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Arizona hands the f**k down.

Rule of thumb (as AmericanInMexico had somewhat stated):

Anything west of I-35 [and anywhere east of coastal West Coast] and "you're good money!" (i.e. "you are good to go!").
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )







Postby Dogboy86 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Repatriate, the question was a choice between the two places. I have lived in both places grew up in San Jose and have worked in the Phoenix/Tempe area. California is a great place to visit but has many things going against is for living there. Arizona is far from the white power state you make it out to be. But the media makes it look that way because gun rights via the constitution are still upheld here... ;)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby Repatriate » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:36 pm

From what i've heard coming from minorities who have actually lived there they all said it was a fairly miserable place full of old racist white people who left the west coast. I don't care really since I don't have a horse in this race. America could start race rioting, looting, and burning tomorrow and it wouldn't impact me much either way. I have long stopped caring what happens in the U.S. but i'm just relaying second hand accounts from people I know who have lived there.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Dogboy86 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:39 pm

The snow birds do come here from the east coast for Arizona's mild winter but the usually live in communities that are gated and stay to themselves. They can't drive and give the locals other headaches...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby Repatriate » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:05 pm

This is like one of those trick questions.

Which is better?
A. Arizona
B. California
C. Neither they are both still in the U.S.

The correct answer is C.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby OutWest » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Repatriate wrote:
OutWest wrote: Having lived for years in Arizona and even now when I return to the states I work out of Arizona, what you say is nonsense.
Disliking ILLEGAL immigration does not mean you are a racist- but at any rate, you are just parroting some news media lib-tards.
Arizona has a large Arab population, especially around Tempe.


Outwest

If Arizona is so great what are you doing cavorting around the Philippines dating brown/yellow women. Shouldn't you be there building a life in that great state to protect it against the libtard and illegal invasion?


You sound like an idiot. Your powers of reasoning are degenerate. Because I think it is perfectly safe for Arab to go to Tempe (and attend the Mosque of his choice), it means I should be living in Arizona? That is how your logic flows. Because I don't support ILLEGAL immigration I must be a racist? You are really a piece of work. You would not dare say that BS to my face.

I don't cavort, I am happily married. I do think immigration law should be changed in some way to allow some kind of 2 year renewable work card, that if is maintained in good status, could be renewed. So there you have it, lib-tard like you, SUPPORT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION or we will smear you as a racist. So typical.

Now it might be that visas for Mexicans should be expanded- there is an argument to be made there, and I think a good one.
People like Arab and others who have gone through LEGAL immigration processes do not think that hopping the fence should be given the same respect.

Lack of critical reasoning skills allows one to accept media caricatures of Arizona, or foreign countries as well. You drank the cool-aid dude, be sure to get your absentee Obama vote taken care of in time.


outwest

PS...three guys told me that expats in Thailand are all old fat white guys in wife beater t-shirts who are there to screw underage girls, so IT MUST be true! Numbers of media accounts tend to imply the same thing, so there you have it, white guys(They are all old and fat)
in Thailand are all pedophiles...I read it somewhere and three guys I know said it, so it MUST be true!
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Dogboy86 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 pm

lavezzi wrote:I once had an American friend here from Arizona, he always made it out to be a "p***y paradise" equivalent to the image of the Philippines painted by that model guy in his recent trip report. Any truth in this?


Well I wouldn't call it that. Im 38, 6'3", 245 and at worst go a mounth without any female attention. I live in the country side and girls here flirt and are alot more fun then the rest of the posters here make the areas they are sound. I know this will be made to look like I'm BSing as Winston loves to call it but I think being a boarder state in the U.S. has some positive effects.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby Dogboy86 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Repatriate wrote:This is like one of those trick questions.

Which is better?
A. Arizona
B. California
C. Neither they are both still in the U.S.

The correct answer is C.


But C wasn't part of the equation... ;)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby Fenix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I have had the most success in my life with women in Arizona. I have only been to San Francisco Airport, so I can't comment on that that area. I would say...

1. Tempe (college town, down to Earth women).
2. Scottsdale (better looking women, but lots of high rollers there).
3. San Francisco


Why did you choose these cities?

@Repatriate

You are usually one of the best posters on this forum (easily in the top 10), but did someone shit in your breakfast cereal this morning or what?

I have lived in Arizona for 4 years now and in multiple cities. Tucson, Avondale, Phoenix...I have never had any type of racism happen to me anywhere in the US especially in Arizona. Mexicans treat me very well. I had a neighbor that was in his 40s and he was from Mexico and he would wave and say hi and small talk with me all of the time.

The best girlfriend I ever had was in Arizona and she was Mexican! Mexicans have treated me with nothing but respect. I don't see any KKK rallies here. People in Arizona especially in small towns are generally friendly and don't cause any trouble. You definitely need to stop listening to your friends because they are probably projecting and exaggerating. I never had a problem in Arizona. I love living here. If I decide to stay in the US, which is highly unlikely, I would stay in Arizona or move to Florida to be with my best friend that needs a black guy in her life :)

There aren't any [fictional] race wars going on down here...
Last edited by Fenix on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am
Location: The Deadpool

Postby eurobrat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:40 pm

....
Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 21, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby The Arab » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:08 am

The reason I have a choice is I'm done with school in LA, and looking to finish at either San Francisco or Arizona, only two schools I applied for.

I've been to San Francisco and Tempe/Scottsdale, just not long enough to get an accurate impression of LIVING there as a resident, rather than a short term visitor with tourist goggles on.

Arizona in general is like Socal, just hotter, and more middle class. Sunny, low-rise buildings, strip malls, lots of white girls. People are very similar to LA people ... which may not be a good thing, as I find LA people to be vacuous and uninteresting.

San Francisco the city is great, and I like the cool Bayside microclimate..... but the vibe was different and very liberal and artsy and nerdy there, and seemed more boring and placid and friends having a cop of organic mocha or a beer quietly, rather than bustling nightlife.

Money isn't a problem, and won't be working.
The Arab
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 am

college women

Postby targetguy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 am

8) Their are many beautifull college women in arizona that is for sure. Good to be in that age group , people from all over the world go there and the living expenses are a lot less then california. ONly problem is dont go there the week before school starts because the newbees are partying all night and day there and at all hours of the night. More drunken college students that will wash out there first year because of the booze. mr former taxi driver.............
no scammers
targetguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:56 pm
Location: usa

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:21 am

OutWest wrote: You sound like an idiot. Your powers of reasoning are degenerate. Because I think it is perfectly safe for Arab to go to Tempe (and attend the Mosque of his choice), it means I should be living in Arizona? That is how your logic flows. Because I don't support ILLEGAL immigration I must be a racist? You are really a piece of work. You would not dare say that BS to my face.

Don't flip this into a pro or anti illegal immigrant debate since I never said you were pro or anti anything and i'm definitely not pro illegal immigration. The law in Arizona has been used to mess with legal immigrants who obviously "look" like immigrants. The paper check harassment policy was used to stop whoever they want and force searches and generally gives police authority beyond what is reasonable. The fact that U.S. citizens think it's perfectly fine voting in stuff that allows restrictive authoritarian intervention in people's daily lives is precious. It just shows the lack of actual critical thinking in the constituency in these states and some idea of where their social values lie.

The fact that Arpiao keeps getting elected in again and again tells a lot. He's one of the main proponents of increasing controls over the population there. It's obvious a lot of the blanket immigration rhetoric is used to mess with all immigrants and non white people in general.

Lack of critical reasoning skills allows one to accept media caricatures of Arizona, or foreign countries as well. You drank the cool-aid dude, be sure to get your absentee Obama vote taken care of in time.

You're a Romney supporter? :lol: Are you a member of the tea party too? Let me guess you're a self styled free market internet libertarian who doesn't understand how that works exactly.

Anyways, i'm not going to discuss politics here since it's a waste of my time. Let's just say the U.S. is accelerating towards the shitter these days due in part to individuals like yourself who keep voting in individuals who pull U.S. policy more towards social conservatism and regressive corporatism.

PS...three guys told me that expats in Thailand are all old fat white guys in wife beater t-shirts who are there to screw underage girls, so IT MUST be true! Numbers of media accounts tend to imply the same thing, so there you have it, white guys(They are all old and fat)
in Thailand are all pedophiles...I read it somewhere and three guys I know said it, so it MUST be true!

There's a kernel of truth in that. It's just that I don't hang out with any of those types.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Falcon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 am

I've been to both.

San Francisco has its pros too.

(1) Highly ethnically diverse - you will meet immigrants from almost every country around the globe
(2) Easy to get around with public transportation and walking

On the other hand, Phoenix is very, very suburban and spread out, like Los Angeles. Unlike San Francisco, getting around in a car is almost a necessity. It's got a warm and fuzzy feeling that San Francisco doesn't have, and feels far more laid back and safer. Phoenix is the place to be if you're into Mexican and Native American culture. Latinos and Native Americans there are quite friendly.

San Francisco is pricier and feels more crowded, but it seems easier to meet new people on foot.

Personally, I would have a lot of trouble deciding myself. At the end, I might choose San Francisco because I like ethnic diversity and riding public transportation. It's also great for busking, which I sometimes do on the weekends.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby OutWest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:36 am

Repatriate wrote:
OutWest wrote: You sound like an idiot. Your powers of reasoning are degenerate. Because I think it is perfectly safe for Arab to go to Tempe (and attend the Mosque of his choice), it means I should be living in Arizona? That is how your logic flows. Because I don't support ILLEGAL immigration I must be a racist? You are really a piece of work. You would not dare say that BS to my face.

Don't flip this into a pro or anti illegal immigrant debate since I never said you were pro or anti anything and i'm definitely not pro illegal immigration. The law in Arizona has been used to mess with legal immigrants who obviously "look" like immigrants. The paper check harassment policy was used to stop whoever they want and force searches and generally gives police authority beyond what is reasonable. The fact that U.S. citizens think it's perfectly fine voting in stuff that allows restrictive authoritarian intervention in people's daily lives is precious. It just shows the lack of actual critical thinking in the constituency in these states and some idea of where their social values lie.

The fact that Arpiao keeps getting elected in again and again tells a lot. He's one of the main proponents of increasing controls over the population there. It's obvious a lot of the blanket immigration rhetoric is used to mess with all immigrants and non white people in general.

Lack of critical reasoning skills allows one to accept media caricatures of Arizona, or foreign countries as well. You drank the cool-aid dude, be sure to get your absentee Obama vote taken care of in time.

You're a Romney supporter? :lol: Are you a member of the tea party too? Let me guess you're a self styled free market internet libertarian who doesn't understand how that works exactly.

Anyways, i'm not going to discuss politics here since it's a waste of my time. Let's just say the U.S. is accelerating towards the shitter these days due in part to individuals like yourself who keep voting in individuals who pull U.S. policy more towards social conservatism and regressive corporatism.

PS...three guys told me that expats in Thailand are all old fat white guys in wife beater t-shirts who are there to screw underage girls, so IT MUST be true! Numbers of media accounts tend to imply the same thing, so there you have it, white guys(They are all old and fat)
in Thailand are all pedophiles...I read it somewhere and three guys I know said it, so it MUST be true!

There's a kernel of truth in that. It's just that I don't hang out with any of those types.



Whatever you say. You have a wild imagination to infer all that you say. Social conservatism? Haha..have not been accused of that one by ANYONE who knows me! LOL I think you should just go back to drinking the Mainstream media cool-aid you grew up on...
Your reasoning skills are childish, and I don't have to GUESS about that...you hung it out for all to see...as Phoenix Sosa said, WHO pooped in YOUR breakfast today?

Arizona SB 1070 has not been used as you say, it has never gone into effect- it has been tied up in the courts.
A reasonable thing to do would be to actually read the law- it is not that long...about 15 pages.
Under the law, what is left of it, a police officer may make inquiry about immigration status under rather specific conditions, there is no
"Papers please" as media has portrayed. If you are stopped in Arizona, an officer could make inquiry as to your legal status
if you have no ID issued by the state of Arizona, and no ID issued by any other state, and keep in mind, you are also driving in this condition. About any country in the world is much harsher..try that BS in Thailand and you know where it will get you. Mexico itself is far more harsh.

Well you are right about that..political discussion is a waste of time....especially with one such as myself, in one email I am "social conservative" and libertarian....LOL...lord the dissonance is giving me a headache, trying to do both of those at one time.

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

PreviousNext

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest