Why living in Canada sucks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Re: Why living in Canada sucks

Post by MrMark1972 »

Welcome Vamanapreet...you are not alone in your frustration.But remember,the first step to making a positive change in your life is to be aware.This site is filled with like minded guys and you will learn alot.I just finished bitching about Canada in a post a few days back...Here is my perspective on this frozen antisocial hell:

Sorry to say that "I'm bored in Canada" as well.I live in the suburbs and I'm in my early forties and divorced without kids.Canadian society dictates that I should work 50-60 hours a week,pay enormous taxes,and spend my weekends shopping for garbage at the mall.
And if I want to date,society tells me that my choices are middle-aged fuglies with problematic kids.It's for the aforementioned reasons that I am currently selling my principal residence,wrapping up my real-estate career and trying my best to make a solid plan to visit the Philippines and/or Central America.BTW,just for kicks,we pay $4.75 per gallon for gasoline in my city...so my American bros don't feel so bad the next time you gas up LOL :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I am glad I found this topic.
So many useful information.

Let me ask you something.
I dislike feminists. I am oriented towards Asia, for respectful and nice girls, looking for long term relationship. I want a relationship where the man will be the leader in a relationship, and of course I will give her the best I can.

But...
some months ago, from an online collaboration, I met(online) a beautiful girl that lives in Vancouver. She is very kind with me, she seems interested in me, I have signs about it. I like her. I find out that even though she tells she is Canadian, her origins are from Europe. She does not hide it, but she lives there and declares herself as Canadian. She has a nice job, but as I understand she is not very rich, she does not own a house, etc. So I do not know how well she is established there in Canada.

There is no thought from me for going in Canada. So, many of all these negative things you told, possibly can be avoided. But, maybe she wants to come to me in the future, for holidays, or even more(relocation?) if there will be something good between us. I am sure will meet in person. I live in a european country(no more details please). She likes very much the warmer climate, going to the beach, the sun, etc.

I do not know if I should encourage this platonic/online relationship at this time, to become something stronger, if it is meant to be.
I have already some bad and ruined relationships in my life, and I do not want to get involved to similar situation. I want to invest to something that would have strong possibilities to become something good, just to be happy in my life, at last. This is why I am looking for asian mates. But on the other hand, sometimes in our lifes, happen unexpected things that could be for good.

So, after telling all these things to you, what your advice would be?
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

mentor wrote:I am glad I found this topic.
So many useful information.

Let me ask you something.
I dislike feminists. I am oriented towards Asia, for respectful and nice girls, looking for long term relationship. I want a relationship where the man will be the leader in a relationship, and of course I will give her the best I can.

But...
some months ago, from an online collaboration, I met(online) a beautiful girl that lives in Vancouver. She is very kind with me, she seems interested in me, I have signs about it. I like her. I find out that even though she tells she is Canadian, her origins are from Europe. She does not hide it, but she lives there and declares herself as Canadian. She has a nice job, but as I understand she is not very rich, she does not own a house, etc. So I do not know how well she is established there in Canada.

There is no thought from me for going in Canada. So, many of all these negative things you told, possibly can be avoided. But, maybe she wants to come to me in the future, for holidays, or even more(relocation?) if there will be something good between us. I am sure will meet in person. I live in a european country(no more details please). She likes very much the warmer climate, going to the beach, the sun, etc.

I do not know if I should encourage this platonic/online relationship at this time, to become something stronger, if it is meant to be.
I have already some bad and ruined relationships in my life, and I do not want to get involved to similar situation. I want to invest to something that would have strong possibilities to become something good, just to be happy in my life, at last. This is why I am looking for asian mates. But on the other hand, sometimes in our lifes, happen unexpected things that could be for good.

So, after telling all these things to you, what your advice would be?
Mentor,as you have stated that you have no intention to live,or even visit Canada,then there is no danger in having an online romance and seeing if she is a good match for you.She can come visit you in Europe and if it doesn't go as you had hoped then there is no harm done and she will return to Canada.
Just be forewarned that most women from the Anglosphere are not a good long term match.They have been subliminally programmed by the pro-feminist agenda that is prevalant in this part of the world.They are also usually very open to divorce.You would not find much of this problem in developing nations such as Thailand,Philippines and other poorer South East Asian nations.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

This thread has been very informative, and scary. I wish those commenters would come back with an update to their respective situations. I hope everything worked out for each of them.

On other boards Canada is highly praised. I am glad we finally get to learn the real side of Canada. There is no reason to bother with Canada anymore.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

MrMark1972, I will keep your words in mind.
:)
I am thinking to keep a calm connection with her, away from enthusiasm.
If she attach on me more in the future, I will think again about her more serious, if there is a potential perspective with her.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I have found very useful information in this forum.
I understand what forum members here tell about Canada and also its girls.

But let me ask, as I see there are very experienced members here:
if you would make a quick check in a online conversation with a Canadian girl, about her beliefs of life/work/relationship etc that could raise a 'feminism alarm' or signs, but maybe without asking completely clearly(I want her real opinions and not just hearing what I like), how you could check it? Any straight or 'side' questions or anything to make this check?
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

mentor wrote:I have found very useful information in this forum.
I understand what forum members here tell about Canada and also its girls.

But let me ask, as I see there are very experienced members here:
if you would make a quick check in a online conversation with a Canadian girl, about her beliefs of life/work/relationship etc that could raise a 'feminism alarm' or signs, but maybe without asking completely clearly(I want her real opinions and not just hearing what I like), how you could check it? Any straight or 'side' questions or anything to make this check?
Oh boy Mentor that's a tough question and it will be a little like walking on eggshells because if you ask too directly she will be onto your motivation.
I would ask her what is her opinion of ideal family life...does she see herself juggling a career with kids? How are her views on consumerism and keeping up with the latest fads.Ask her what she thinks about a new Iphone coming out every year.Does she attend church on a regular basis?I think these questions will give you an indication of her mindset.This are questions geared towards a girl in her early thirties and up...anyone below is most likely just a Canadian feminazi,reality TV watching,smartphone addict and you would be wasting your time pursuing her.If you want a young one head ABROAD my friend! :D
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I don't know her exact age, but I guess from her photos that she is at her early thirties. It seems a very serious and kind girl, even shy I could tell, and if I am understanding well, she seems more than friendly with me, so I just want to give a chance for exploring her.
MrMark1972, thanks again for your notes!
Lowe21
Freshman Poster

Post by Lowe21 »

Wow, is it really that bad???? I was considering of relocating to Canada from Australia for a bit, just for a change of pace. Judging from the replies it seems that Australia and Canada share a lot of similarities, in both women and culture. Anyone here lived in both countries? Just wanted to know if there are any major differences between the women, culture,technology, cost of living etc. From what I researched it seems cheaper in Canada and more stuff is available, but Australia has better weather, if you enjoy the sun. Surely, Canadian women can't be worse than Australian women......
busman772
Freshman Poster

Post by busman772 »

Lowe21 wrote:Wow, is it really that bad???? I was considering of relocating to Canada from Australia for a bit, just for a change of pace. Judging from the replies it seems that Australia and Canada share a lot of similarities, in both women and culture. Anyone here lived in both countries? Just wanted to know if there are any major differences between the women, culture,technology, cost of living etc. From what I researched it seems cheaper in Canada and more stuff is available, but Australia has better weather, if you enjoy the sun. Surely, Canadian women can't be worse than Australian women......
I spent a month backpacking Australia in 2010, both are similar being colonies of Britain. the similarity really hit me when I returned to Canada by road from Alaska with the sultry attitude of the border agent, a condescending, holier than thou bitch!

Yeah things are a bit cheaper but wages are lower and OAS payments a pittance compared to OZ.

That said it's worth a visit for the scenery but not a nice place to live.
pootisislove
Freshman Poster

Post by pootisislove »

I have to agree with everything about Canada on this thread. Unfortunately, I've never lived abroad. Soon I'll be moving to Australia for a year, and while I haven't heard amazing things about the women, nothing can be worse than girls from here.

In fact all the Australian girls I've met were very friendly and conversational. I've never met a single Canadian girl that was actually interesting enough to talk to on a day-to-day basis.
Breakaway
Freshman Poster

Post by Breakaway »

A friend and I have been following this thread for awhile... yes Canada sucks and the place is going to come down like a house of cards, especially with the new guy spending money willy nilly. For anyone in Canada, I highly suggest you make a trip over to China and open a bank account (yes foreigners can have accounts and buy property) and start figuring out ways to make money outside the leaf. Completely forget about Canadian girls, its easily one of the most feminist nations on Earth but that's in the past, lets talk about the future.

We need to form new tribes because there isn't going to be much of Canada left for the straight, family oriented male. I've met several guys off this forum and a few other PUA forums and we've managed to string together a bit of a network based on the fact that we all have Asian wives, more specifically Chinese. We are setting up lives in both countries and building connections between the two. Hopefully we can do business with the home country. Its much easier connecting to other like minded conservatives then it is trying to bring randos into the fold. I've worked a few jobs in Canada, where I've actually gotten fired trying to offer some suggestions to other struggling techs. I have another post on here trying to enlist gamers to come to China. My friends and I play alot of games in China because our wives give us the free time to pursue whatever it is our heart's desire. I don't worry about my wife at all, I actually have MORE free time now that I'm married then when I was single because I don't waste my time looking for the next great lay. So as a result we have a lot of time to spend on hobbies and most of those hobbies consist of Board Games, Magic Cards and Video gaming.

Chinese are taking over Canada as we speak, infact not just Canada but the entire world. Very soon we are going to be living in a world owned by Chinese corporations and one way or another, you or your children will end up speaking Mandarin as a second language, bet on it. So to get ready for this, you need to get your buns on a flight to China. There are dozens of foreigner hotels that will rent you a 'suite' for like $500/month. You have to disconnect from relying on Canada and start treating jobs as a means to an end while you figure out how you are going to work/live abroad. There are 100's of opportunities for foreigners over there to make a go of it. Make a concentrated effort to lock down a Chinese girl, marry her and start a family. Once you've done this, you are part of China's future and the rapid expansion of their influence will carry you around like a tidal wave. There is enough opportunity for EVERYONE on this forum and we can use their lust for power as a means to re-take our country. Black, White, Yellow, Brown whatever, it doesn't matter, if you've got a Chinese wife and a kid on the way then we are all connected and have a vested interest in looking out for each other. Join the biggest club on Earth and together we can make Canada great again.

Mate Oz girls are garbage, forget about that, don't waste any more time, get your ass to Mars... I mean Asia. You won't regret it.

Yes Big Red, its me. :D
AlecK967
Freshman Poster

Post by AlecK967 »

Oh Dear, This is troubling. I'm coming to Canada to study engineering soon. I'm 18 years young and socially inept.

I'm a high functioning autistic (IQ 147), I'm awkward and tend to say inappropriate things at times (Much to my regret) I often find myself cross analyzing the words that I blurt out after the fact and usually end up regretting opening my mouth in the first place as my meaning or intent is often misconstrued, I really can't help myself and am afraid of having my life ruined by a vindictive narcissist (people with no semblance of critical thought or pension for abstraction, Idiots who can't see past their own biased noses)

These comments certainly offer fresh perspective on things, No where's perfect though.

I'm Albanian, Ethnically Slavic and from an Islamic cultural background.

I was planning on staying in Canada to work after completing my education, English is my 2nd language but I'm proficient in it as I've been studying in English throughout my education. I have a slight Slavic accent though.

How are minorities treated here ? I'm Ethnically Eastern European so will I experience any discrimination based on my Cultural identity/Religious background ?
How will this effect my employment opportunities ?

I'm planning on going into research and development and Canada seems like my golden ticket as my Native Albania simply doesn't have the resources or institutions necessary for my endeavor. (I've been offered a full ride at a Ivy league institution in Canada)

Is Islamophobia an issue in Canada like it is in the USA ? I don't want people harassing me or insulting my culture for no reason other than to hurt me. I'm especially worried as I'm usually perceived to be a soft target, perhaps this is somewhat based on my calm demeanor which is often mistaken for submissiveness.

I never felt hate in my life Until reading YouTube comments sections, The bigotry I encountered there has recently strengthened my sense of Islamic cultural identity, Watching our countries being systematically destroyed and seeing the West demonize all Muslims based off the actions of a few criminals is somewhat disheartening.

Up until very recently I never felt that we were being persecuted and targeted for a genocide but now I think Western imperialists want to do to us, what they did to the Native Americans.

Libya had the highest GDP in Africa prior to the intervention, Now it's considered a failed state.

Syria was one of the most developed countries in the Middle East, It was a secular democracy with a HDI rivaling Israel's. It was the fastest growing economy in the Middle East. After the USA supported ISIS there, It's now a failed state.

Iran was a secular democracy until USA's illegal operation Ajax that literally toppled a democracy and instated a dictator that pandered to Western interests.

Afghanistan was practically Marxist prior to the USA's intervention, They funded right wing nut jobs to topple the soviet friendly regime (that won the popular vote at the time I might add)

Less than 0.1% of Muslims are terrorists, Compare that to USA, Where over 50% of the population supports torture, War crimes and genocide.

Americans intentionally target civilians in the Middle East already, The numbers speak for themselves, 80% of drone strike victims are civilians, 20% of them are children under the age of 9, Imagine what you would do if you were in their place ?

Yet people have the audacity to blame Muslims or Islam for terrorism, Terrorism is a recent phenomenon, Islam is 1'700 years old. Also Muslim does not equal Arab, I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Most Muslims aren't even Middle Eastern, They're more ethnic Indian Muslims in India than they are Muslims in the Middle East. The Middle east has a population less than 1/2 that of Europe, It breaks my heart seeing what happened to Syria, I am now seriously considering taking political action. I believe that if things continue all Muslim nations should boycott the West and strengthen ties with one another and with useful allies such as China and Russia, We should establish a gold based currency and invest in our own countries, Western backed Traitors like the Gulf states should be overthrown and put on trial in an international court and summarily executed, I believe that all our countries should be secular and focus on our nation's shared interests, Mecca and Medina should be made an Islamic autonomous zone similar to the Vatican in Italy. Arabs have no right to them, They belong to all Islamic peoples from Albania to the Philippines. We should also develop our military infrastructure and develop our own technology and manufactories. Education and equality should be our upmost concern. We should also address the Israel/Palestine issue, Why should a Jewish person without a drop of Middle Eastern blood claim Middle Eastern land ? That's like me claiming Arabia because I'm Culturally Islamic !!!

I'm an atheist but am proud of my people and our cultural heritage. I doubt that I'll ever date a person from a non-Islamic-Slavic background.

Sorry for the rant :\

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Sarx121
Freshman Poster

Post by Sarx121 »

I know this post us quite old but I am so surprised at all the negative comments. You guys have it good unlike 95 % of the world. I left Toronto a few months ago but I grew up in South Africa, having lived in Europe too. South Africa has sooo many problems you cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is for the whites to live there. There are so many racial tensions and yes even in the bigger cities you get spoiled white British/ anglo-Saxon people. Anyway I do agree to an extent that I found Canadians very distant - it was a challenge to really break into any existing social groups, at least in Toronto. Having a czech name and South African british accent did not help either. I found the Torontonians very plain and awfully styled, especially the women. They really need to learn proper fashion from the Italians, French and Greeks. I also found that many Canadians are seriously ignorant of other countries that may be better than theirs in many ways. Anyway overall Toronto was exciting for me the first couple of months, but that wore off very quickly. I definitely prefer Montreal - everything from cuisine, fashion shopping, clubbing and people are so much better than Toronto. Toronto is way too over-emphasized on being se great city but in all seriousness its boring ( especially in downtown on the weekends where we were living ). I don't count baseball as anything special and attending the Rogers Cup two times in a row was just do weird, as Canadians tend to sit instead of cheer like most Europeans do. Lastly the men are very strange. I actually was surprised at the lack of good looking men like what you get in France and North Italy.
Sarx121
Freshman Poster

Post by Sarx121 »

AlecK967 wrote:Oh Dear, This is troubling. I'm coming to Canada to study engineering soon. I'm 18 years young and socially inept.

I'm a high functioning autistic (IQ 147), I'm awkward and tend to say inappropriate things at times (Much to my regret) I often find myself cross analyzing the words that I blurt out after the fact and usually end up regretting opening my mouth in the first place as my meaning or intent is often misconstrued, I really can't help myself and am afraid of having my life ruined by a vindictive narcissist (people with no semblance of critical thought or pension for abstraction, Idiots who can't see past their own biased noses)

These comments certainly offer fresh perspective on things, No where's perfect though.

I'm Albanian, Ethnically Slavic and from an Islamic cultural background.

I was planning on staying in Canada to work after completing my education, English is my 2nd language but I'm proficient in it as I've been studying in English throughout my education. I have a slight Slavic accent though.

How are minorities treated here ? I'm Ethnically Eastern European so will I experience any discrimination based on my Cultural identity/Religious background ?
How will this effect my employment opportunities ?

I'm planning on going into research and development and Canada seems like my golden ticket as my Native Albania simply doesn't have the resources or institutions necessary for my endeavor. (I've been offered a full ride at a Ivy league institution in Canada)

Is Islamophobia an issue in Canada like it is in the USA ? I don't want people harassing me or insulting my culture for no reason other than to hurt me. I'm especially worried as I'm usually perceived to be a soft target, perhaps this is somewhat based on my calm demeanor which is often mistaken for submissiveness.

I never felt hate in my life Until reading YouTube comments sections, The bigotry I encountered there has recently strengthened my sense of Islamic cultural identity, Watching our countries being systematically destroyed and seeing the West demonize all Muslims based off the actions of a few criminals is somewhat disheartening.

Up until very recently I never felt that we were being persecuted and targeted for a genocide but now I think Western imperialists want to do to us, what they did to the Native Americans.

Libya had the highest GDP in Africa prior to the intervention, Now it's considered a failed state.

Syria was one of the most developed countries in the Middle East, It was a secular democracy with a HDI rivaling Israel's. It was the fastest growing economy in the Middle East. After the USA supported ISIS there, It's now a failed state.

Iran was a secular democracy until USA's illegal operation Ajax that literally toppled a democracy and instated a dictator that pandered to Western interests.

Afghanistan was practically Marxist prior to the USA's intervention, They funded right wing nut jobs to topple the soviet friendly regime (that won the popular vote at the time I might add)

Less than 0.1% of Muslims are terrorists, Compare that to USA, Where over 50% of the population supports torture, War crimes and genocide.

Americans intentionally target civilians in the Middle East already, The numbers speak for themselves, 80% of drone strike victims are civilians, 20% of them are children under the age of 9, Imagine what you would do if you were in their place ?

Yet people have the audacity to blame Muslims or Islam for terrorism, Terrorism is a recent phenomenon, Islam is 1'700 years old. Also Muslim does not equal Arab, I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Most Muslims aren't even Middle Eastern, They're more ethnic Indian Muslims in India than they are Muslims in the Middle East. The Middle east has a population less than 1/2 that of Europe, It breaks my heart seeing what happened to Syria, I am now seriously considering taking political action. I believe that if things continue all Muslim nations should boycott the West and strengthen ties with one another and with useful allies such as China and Russia, We should establish a gold based currency and invest in our own countries, Western backed Traitors like the Gulf states should be overthrown and put on trial in an international court and summarily executed, I believe that all our countries should be secular and focus on our nation's shared interests, Mecca and Medina should be made an Islamic autonomous zone similar to the Vatican in Italy. Arabs have no right to them, They belong to all Islamic peoples from Albania to the Philippines. We should also develop our military infrastructure and develop our own technology and manufactories. Education and equality should be our upmost concern. We should also address the Israel/Palestine issue, Why should a Jewish person without a drop of Middle Eastern blood claim Middle Eastern land ? That's like me claiming Arabia because I'm Culturally Islamic !!!

I'm an atheist but am proud of my people and our cultural heritage. I doubt that I'll ever date a person from a non-Islamic-Slavic background.

Sorry for the rant :\

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
I know the Greeks aren't fond of the many Albanians there. When I was in Athens, my Greek. Male friends kept on complaining that Albanian men were taking their girls.

Anyway you should be fine in Canada
It's a country with so many different types of people and religions.