Canadian standards of quality and value suck

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Canadian standards of quality and value suck

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Fellow Canadians, have you ever noticed that things that you take for granted while living in Canada look like a rip off, are obsolete and/or ugly when you go abroad?

The women. Don't have to say much more about that.

Cell phone plans, data, prices and contracts. Compared to even the USA they are a legendary rip-off. When you tell foreigners you have to pay to receive calls or texts they laugh.

TV and radio stations and selection are terrible. The TV networks control everything so you have to buy packages of channels and can't buy individual ones without being a rip-off. Radio station selection and quality suck. Luckily the internet voids that.

The weather. When Vancouver has the best climate in the country you know something is seriously wrong.

Shopping. Even when compared to the UK Canada sucks, but compared to the Asia and USA it's a disaster of poor taste and bad selection. I remember seeing the electronics stores in Japan and being horrified at the Canadian ones, even the one I worked at.

The Airlines. Just take an Asian airline once and you will see every Canadian airline is so far behind they will never catch up. Hiring hot stewardesses in Asia is business, in Canada it would be discrimination.

Travel cost and distances in Canada are so ridiculous most foreigners are horrified at how long everything takes and how much it costs.

Clothing styles are utilitarian and ugly. It doesn't matter how you look, all that mattes is how cheap it is and does it keep you warm.

Food is mostly fast food and bad quality at that. Worse than the USA at higher prices.

Peoples appearance in public and their weight are not important so most people look ugly. You can pick Canadians out at a foreign airport easily.

I'm hoping for more input from Canadians...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

I always enjoy your posts about life in Canada...they start to make living in the UK look not that bad!

Seriously though, have you thought about moving abroad, is that an option for you.
Robin Hood.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

Will, you basically rounded it all up there, I couldn't agree with you more on all items. The women dress the same, act the same, and are the same all around, low quality and egocentric to boot.

The earliest I can make it out of here is August for a month and a half in Switzerland, but I'm looking at several businesses to see if I can make some more money and get out of here sooner :) . How about you, what your timeframe like, you mentioned that once you sell your condo you're off, how long and to where?
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Don't forget rip-off car insurance costs...thousands of dollars for what?...having to be politically correct at all times in case you offend somebody...and a distinct lack of a sense of humor...and how poor immigrants suffer for years to fit into the society and become successful, only to realize it's all a pipe-dream.

Nobody looks happy or joyful or content. Different races and cultures never really mix and integrate. It's all a deceit and glossy pictures on websites promoting a mirage. Not to mention wide spread doping just to make life bearable...
Globus
Freshman Poster

Post by Globus »

I agree with everything you said. Canada sucks at everything and not to mention it is extremely boring and cold for half the year. This country is a complete joke and is falling behind other countries and deteriorating at a fast pace. We already established that the women here are horrible and should be avoided at all costs. The selection of clothes here is terrible and most people dont even care how they look, women in Canada also dress really bad and masculine where in most other countries the women dress really nice and feminine. The cellphone and internet plans are really bad too. The food here is the worst. Almost all the food here is junk food or genetically modified or heavily processed food. How can you expect to have a healthy society when the food which is the basis of life is unhealthy and designed to make you sick or fat. In Europe the food is healthy natural and really good. Canada really is a second rate country at the best. Most Canadians are so stupid and ignorant that they dont know any better. Also another thing that irritates me about Canadians is that they love to stereotype people (often negatively) and view other countries as inferior to Canada. Also another thing I dislike about Canada is that it has no culture and identity. Like you mentioned in some earlier posts everybody in Canada identifies with their country of origin. Canada truly is a backwards country compared to other countries in the world. The social scene here sucks and is awful. Most other countries have rich social scenes that bring people together and make people feel proud to be in that country and to feel good and be relaxed. In Canada the social scene segregates people and makes them paranoid of each other. Also there are a lot of different races and nationalities in Canada and that further promotes segregation and isolation. Most people in Canada stick to their own race and nationality and ignore and avoid people of other nationalities and races. So let's say for example you live in an area where there are no people of your nationality or race you are basically screwed and will probably have no friends let alone a girlfriend. Canada is messed up on so many levels but the people here keep on denying it and say you are the one with the problem and that you should leave if you dont like it. Another thing that I hate about this country is that males are hated here. Canadian women hate men and see them as creeps and fools and if you as a male defend yourself you are seen as a woman hater. Canada is only good for women (it was recently ranked as one of the best countries if you are a woman) but for men it is very hostile and bad. I myself cant wait to finish university and get out of this culturally backwards, frozen, feminist hellhole.