Massive Mosquitos Coming To US

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

You don't have to worry about killer bees anymore.

http://economicrisis.com/massive-mosqui ... to-us/1849
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've been having a problem with just the normal ones. They're just so good at getting into my apartment, and then aggressively attacking me.

The only effective defences I've found are clothing, a mosquito net for my bed and an electrified tennis racquet.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

xiongmao wrote:I've been having a problem with just the normal ones. They're just so good at getting into my apartment, and then aggressively attacking me.

The only effective defences I've found are clothing, a mosquito net for my bed and an electrified tennis racquet.
You can also get a net for your doors and windows too.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

These are just Floodwater mosquitoes. They only come if the area gets hit with ALOT of water! Outside that, you would have to be in the woods or bayou area to see any. Aggressive does not describe them well enough. Demonspawn may not be either. Their bite does hurt too, you know they bit you and if you swat them, they circle back quickly and hit you in the face. They are bigger than a dime too. I got attacked by some when I was working in the Dallas area once on a project.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I think it's hilarious! Who would be scared of a "shaggy-haired gallinipper"? :lol: