Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Rise, Fall and Rise of the Real American

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Mr S » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 am

I like this article, especially the last part of real Americans immigrating from America...

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2012/07 ... -american/

By Charlie Bushmeister

American flag upside down

Today, on the occasion of the 236th birthday of the United States, America has lost its way. As the average American gets fatter, stupider, and more dependent on the state to provide for them, the government gets more corrupt, more insolvent, more violent, and more totalitarian. As I see it all momentum seems to be carrying our country the wrong direction with no reversal in sight.

When people ask me where I’m from these days, I don’t really know what to say. Sure, I was born and raised in the States, but I don’t feel like today’s American anymore. I’d like to say I’m an ex-American, but even that is a challenge since our money-grubbing government makes it a total pain in the ass to not be American, by attempting to tax former citizens for years after they give up their citizenship. It even costs $450 for the privilege of going into an American embassy abroad and renouncing one’s citizenship. What is this country coming to? It’s more like some shitty cell phone company that charges you to break one of their scam contracts, the difference being that it is a choice to chose to sign up for a 2 year Verizon iPhone contract. We never had a choice being born in America and saddled with lifetimes of debt beyond even the most remote possibility of repayment by us, our children, or our children’s children.

We don’t have a choice as to how the country is run, as politics has been completely purchased by the scumbag bankers, the military industrial complex, healthcare thieves etc. who own our “electedâ€￾ officials and mainstream media. It just makes me sick, and if doesn’t make you sick too you’re just not paying attention.

And what are “We the Peopleâ€￾ doing? Absolutely nothing, as we sit on the couch watching retarded TV programming while shoveling 3800 calories of processed corn down our throats and complaining about illegal immigrants taking our jobs (which Americans would be far too lazy to do anyway), treating college like some sort of birthright to a 4 year party during which we develop no marketable skills. Our industry produces nothing of value outside of weapons, airplanes, taxpayer subsidized shitty cars and the designs for gadgets or social media companies designed to satisfy our narcissistic desires which more often than not produced abroad, while half of all households wait for this month’s public assistance check to buy lottery tickets. All the while they acquire more and more debt in a never-ending desire to buy more big screen TVs, designer crap and iPads. As Joseph de Maistre said, people get the government they deserve, and right now the meaningless choice between Obama and Romney, or is it Obamney and Robama, is exactly what today’s Americans deserve.

This was not always what being an American meant. When I think of the people who built America, I think of tough, independent, principled and hardworking people. Sure, maybe the early Americans were a little rough around the edges, maybe a little uncultured, but they didn’t sit around waiting for someone else to do the dirty work for them. They were entrepreneurs, explorers, and missionaries who had a job to do, and dammit, they weren’t going to wait to fill out a bunch of paperwork or get a welfare check (personal or corporate) before they built railroads across the country, tamed the wilderness (slaughtering millions of indigenous Americans and kidnapping millions of slaves, I don’t want to sweep that under the rug), and mobilized a full national effort to industrialize to help win World War II. The immigrants who came here from all over the world, from Ireland to China followed the American Dream and added to the American can-do attitude of self-reliance and ingenuity. Now that can do attitude has turned to entitlement, defeatism, apathy and sloth as all the American Dream today is nothing but a meaningless slogan.

I define the American Dream as follows: in the past, people came to America because they knew that if they came to America and busted their ass and worked hard for a lifetime, they could have a family and a little place to call their own and each generation could expect to have a higher standard of living than the previous one. Now, the middle class is decimated, all of America’s “growthâ€￾ is in fictional Ponzi scheme profits for the banksters while real median income has declined steadily since the early 70s. Those of you with children, what do you think are the chances that your kids will live better lives here than you? Slim to none, unless the magic Skittle shitting unicorn happens to come by your neighborhood and take a dump in your living room.

The more I travel the world the more I understand that the world is an extremely competitive marketplace. With almost 7 billion and counting in the world competing for finite resources, there is a limited amount of success in life to go around. America, get your f***ing head out of the sand. Those little Singaporean kids absolutely kick our kids’ asses in all math tests (luckily they’re still functionally retarded). There are 1.3 billion Chinese people, and they work their asses off for way less than Americans get paid to sit around at work and f**k around on Facebook all day. People I know in academic professorships in American universities tell me that for graduate programs in computer science, engineering, math, etc the American kids are not even in the ballpark when it comes to getting admitted. To those who try to defend the US academic system by saying we have the best higher education in the world, I say, sure, that may be true, but there’s no Americans in those important graduate programs, just a bunch of Chinese and Indians etc who will take that education back home after they graduate and use the skills they learned at MIT to help their home countries defeat the USA in the worldwide scramble for resources.

I recently read Strauss and Howe’s incredibly fascinating book The Fourth Turning, and learned of their theory of the cyclical nature of human history. According to them history turns on a 80ish year cycle roughly the length of a long human life, called a saeculum. The 4 stages of the saeculum are a high period, a cultural awakening, a societal unraveling, and a crisis. Rinse and repeat, throughout history. In the current saeculum, the postwar high was the Leave it to Beaver period after World War 2, the awakening was the 60s and 70s Consciousness Revolution, and the unraveling was the culture wars from 1984 until sometime in the early 2000s. Today, perhaps catalyzed by 9-11 or the Lehman Brothers’ collapse, we have begun the fourth stage, crisis… and it’s just beginning to get under way.

What next? God knows, but in my opinion there is only one way to resolve many of today’s global issues, and that is war. Take it from me, the next 10 or 15 years are going to be a sea of global wars. It’s impossible to predict what will happen, but here are some napkin sketch possibilities:

1. USA and/or Israel will start a war in the Middle East.
2. India and Pakistan will start nuking each other.
3. China and the US will fight an economic war, followed by a proxy war in Korea or Taiwan.
4. All of Europe will go to war as a way to resolve their debt crisis, this will began when the people of Greece and other PIIGS country start hanging politicians and put in a government that won’t play ball with the banksters.
5. Resource wars in Africa over water and food.
6. Don’t forget Russia vs USA in a Cold War rematch.

These are just the first things that pop into my head. You don’t think that’s likely? Think that thousands of years of European proclivity for war have been erased by a couple decades of cooperation in the failed Eurozone debacle? Riiiight. Just a few years before every big war in history they seemed unimaginable. Be forewarned, at least the next 15 years will be an era of total global conflict.

In previous cycles America managed to survive and eventually triumph over these cyclical total war periods, in WWII, the Civil War, and the Revolutionary War. But, that was because Americans were Real Americans back then. Can you see today’s Americans pulling it all together and coming out on top in the current global chess match? Our people are stupider than just about everybody, lazier than many, more entitled than everyone except for the Western Europeans, and our useless government is completely unable to inspire any sort of collective sacrifice. The only thing we have going for us is the world’s most kick-ass military, but how exactly are we going to keep paying for it? How do we satisfy our energy needs when the rest of the world stops accepting our toilet paper IOU dollars in exchange for oil? Where is the innovation in America? Facebook? Groupon? Are we going to win a war with our iPads?

What is the single dude to do? For me the answer has been to get out. I’m no fighter, I just want to work hard and do my thing and live a simple, happy, healthy and comfortable life. So for me that is increasingly difficult to find in the USA. So I have left, for the foreseeable future.

I was talking to another American dude in Manila last summer and we were discussing how America was built by the hardworking bootstrap immigrant fleeing bad economic conditions or seeking more freedom than their home countries would allow and he said to me,

I think it’s time for Americans to be the immigrants for a while. Maybe we need that experience of striving and achieving by our own labor and hard work. Since I couldn’t do that there anymore, that’s why I left. The next generation of Real Americans, not these lazy fatasses, will not be living in America. Maybe one day we can go back and pick up the pieces and rebuild the country after the dust settles.

That dude was a Real American, making his own way, with hard work, ingenuity, intelligence, and self-reliance. I hope to be a real American also, and while I don’t like the average American these days when I meet these Real Americans who share my values I think they are the coolest people in the world. There needs to be more of them for America to have a chance.

Happy birthday, America. I miss you and I don’t recognize the “Americaâ€￾ you have become. I hope one day you will rise again and when you do I want to come home and I will be proud to call myself a Real American.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby zacb » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I kinda agree. In order to achieve the American Dream, you need to head abroad.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

mostly agree

Postby quito » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 pm

yup.. i mostly agree.. especially on a certain few points.. such as usa is only #1 in one thing.... making war.. every other aspect of our civilization has devolved into being substandard now. but to be honest its not easy to accept that my homeland is slipping into 2nd world status. i think we are seeing the lowest of the low points right now with the reelection of obama.. im hopeful that enough americans will see the stupidity of their decision to support him and be more critical in their thinking the next time around.. leaving the usa is not something i like to think about except for the purposes of retirement
quito
Freshman Poster

Postby Robert77 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am

The American dream in itself it's pure propaganda....
the URSS also had a soviet dream

basically america and its long gone enemy the URSS were the same shit with a different name....

humanity's dream is to be healthy, happy and prosperous and these days you can achieve this just about anywhere on this planet!

getting educated is the best tool an individual has to go up in the socioeconomic ladder, no need to sell your soul to the USA
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation