What do you think of the SF Bay Area?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What do you think of the SF Bay Area?

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Have you even been in this area?
"Didn't you read," oh rigorous intellect? I said I lived in Marin County. For five years. That would be right across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, in case you're not familiar with it. I've heard east Bay people are very provincial, but I would have thought they knew where Marin County is. Then again, I recall reading years ago about a high school graduate in San Francisco who didn't know where the Pacific Ocean was.

As for my reading comprehension of your random opinionizing, you spoke of "the Bay Area," and did not distinguish the suburbs from San Francisco. Most people think of San Francisco as being in the San Francisco Bay area.

You're entitled to your opinion about the beauty of the place. I love the golden hills (which of course turn green when the rains come in the fall, winter and spring). And apparently a lot of Californians have over the years as well, since they nicknamed it "the golden state."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
"Didn't you read," oh rigorous intellect? I said I lived in Marin County. For five years. That would be right across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, in case you're not familiar with it. I've heard east Bay people are very provincial, but I would have thought they knew where Marin County is. Then again, I recall reading years ago about a high school graduate in San Francisco who didn't know where the Pacific Ocean was.

As for my reading comprehension of your random opinionizing, you spoke of "the Bay Area," and did not distinguish the suburbs from San Francisco. Most people think of San Francisco as being in the San Francisco Bay area.

You're entitled to your opinion about the beauty of the place. I love the golden hills (which of course turn green when the rains come in the fall, winter and spring). And apparently a lot of Californians have over the years as well, since they nicknamed it "the golden state."
Sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to. I just thought it was pompous for you to insinuate that your one experience with hippies in SF during the 60's invalidates all of my experiences in the 80's and 90's in the Bay Area and my observations today. That didn't make sense. So I took offense. This is very personal to me since I received a lot of emotional scars here.

You should watch the TV series "The Streets of San Francisco". It makes SF look very exciting and friendly. The women look beautiful and feminine in it too. But the plots are formulaic and cliched. Cop shows always have predictable endings too. But Michael Douglas and Karl Malden were great characters in the show.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to. I just thought it was pompous for you to insinuate that your one experience with hippies in SF during the 60's invalidates all of my experiences in the 80's and 90's in the Bay Area and my observations today. That didn't make sense. So I took offense. This is very personal to me since I received a lot of emotional scars here.

You should watch the TV series "The Streets of San Francisco". It makes SF look very exciting and friendly. The women look beautiful and feminine in it too. But the plots are formulaic and cliched. Cop shows always have predictable endings too. But Michael Douglas and Karl Malden were great characters in the show.
I have had no personal experience with hippies in San Francisco in the '60s. As I wrote, my time in the Bay Area involved hanging out with people who ran in the Dipsea and Bay-to-Breakers races, swam in the bay, things like that. Or, living there earlier, playing Little League baseball. As anyone with a scintilla of knowledge about American cultural history knows, however, the Bay Area -- as much Berkeley, San Mateo County and Marin County as San Francisco -- was seen as the epicenter of nonconformist casting off of various conventions in the '60s and '70s. It was the Mecca for free spirits, free speech and "free love." As much as anyplace in the US, it still occupies that place in public consciousness. I would have thought one wouldn't have actually had to be there at the time to know that.

The best -- and probably most famous -- book on the subject is The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test, by Tom Wolfe.

I saw most episodes of Streets of San Francisco when the show came out in the '70s. Bay Area women could be incredibly beautiful in the '70s. No more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So what happened to all the white people in the Bay Area that were there in the early 80's and comprised the majority population? Where did they go and why?

How did the Bay Area become all Indian and Chinese?

Doesn't this defeat the US liberal propaganda that all races are equal and the same?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Slick
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Slick »

Winston wrote:So what happened to all the white people in the Bay Area that were there in the early 80's and comprised the majority population? Where did they go and why?
They flood states like Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and sometimes Oregon.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

You'd think they could get rid of all the blacks somehow. Maybe create a separate city with a single access point and stick them all there. There seems to be some kind of masochism at work where white and Asian libtards always feel the need to have pavement apes attach themselves to them, like a kind of hair shirt.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

A lot of the real estate there has been driven up by the Chinese and primarily the Chinese government, The whites can no longer afford to be there because property is to expensive to keep and maintain let alone purchase.

Educated affluent Asians are stupider than most Europeans when it comes to buying a place and making it home, they will let the credit monopoly inflate it to the moon and still purchase making a situation to where all their income is spent on rent to the creditor class. Remember when the Chinese government purchases they can pretty much get it for free because none of the central banks are audited, this is the communist dictatorship installed via backdoor world wide by legalized counterfeiting.

When all is said and done the credit monopoly will own it all and tell the rest of us us where to shit and piss if we are lucky and the China man seems to have no problem with this so lets kill off whitey so they can finish this one world slave state.....

Victory!!!!, all hail the king................ :P
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Hail moretorque! Hail victory :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Dude, the SF bay area is not California. Head down to Santa Cruz if you want a cool chill place. The bay area is like 1980's yuppie New York.
ezinho
Freshman Poster

Post by ezinho »

This place sucks, don't move here unless you get a job offer at $80-90k to start. Make your money here and have a plan to get out. Taxes are the highest in the country so prepare for that. Also, this place has gotten super lefty weird politically, what's funny is that it wasn't always like that here. I guess plastic bags are banned now, just left the grocery store today with my hands full of food.

Luckily there are some good Asian massage joints and flights to Mexico are cheap or else I couldn't take it here.