Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Postby zacb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Could you give me your experience with various states? I have lived in Michigan (Northern) for most my life, and it seems what while they are nice to you at first, after a honeymoon period people don't like you as much (with a few exceptions). It seems unless you are in a clique, you are kinda screwed. What have your experiences been with various states and provinces (for Canada)?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby traveller » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 am

Illinois, hands down, is the least friendly state in America!
traveller
Freshman Poster

Postby sea_dragon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 am

Liberal states on average are less friendlier than conservative states.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Re: Least Friendly States.

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am

zacb wrote:Could you give me your experience with various states? I have lived in Michigan (Northern) for most my life, and it seems what while they are nice to you at first, after a honeymoon period people don't like you as much (with a few exceptions). It seems unless you are in a clique, you are kinda screwed. What have your experiences been with various states and provinces (for Canada)?

Haven't tried to join a clique in recent memory, but (outside of shady places and one-off idiots) customer service is trending better and better. :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:05 am

sea_dragon wrote:Liberal states on average are less friendlier than conservative states.

Yeap. I learned that the hard way. Well except Alabama. Alabama wasn't mean; it was just closed-minded
when it came to interracial dating and miscegenation.

But states like Arizona and non-gringo Texas (San Antonio, El Paso, Southern TX), I was smashing White women and light-skinned Tejana/Chicanas 2nd naturedly.
Even Houston I was doing alright with Black American and South African mulatto women.

But Dallas and Austin, I don't do so well with any race of women there.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby pete98146 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

sea_dragon wrote:Liberal states on average are less friendlier than conservative states.

I'd agree with you on that one. I'd also say the farther north you go the least friendly folks become.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Halwick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 am

Interesting responses, especially comments about more liberal states / northern states being less friendly. Depends on what you mean by "friendly".

As recent as ten years ago, I used to do a lot of travelling in the U.S. My observation and experiences was that I found most people in the Southern states to be unfriendly (read: wary, intolerable, subtly racist) to strangers, "Yankee city-slickers", non-Caucasian types and anybody considered to be an outsider or foreigner. This was also applicable if your experiences and ideas differed from them. As I got to know some of those "good 'ol boys', I found them to be very closed-minded, opinionated, and discriminatory in general. This was especially evident in small/mid-size towns.

The Midwest and Northern states were more tolerant, civil, open-minded and accepting of diversified ideas and people, albeit indifferent, which I didn't mind. I had no problems in Vancouver, Victoria, B.C. either.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 am

Depends on what you mean by friendly. Most people think politeness is friendliness, even if no one wants to go out out or hang out with them or invites them anywhere. So their definition is their different from ours.

If you mean superficial friendliness then some states are good for that such as Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Kentucky, Texas, etc. Basically I find that people who live around beautiful nature are more calm, relaxed and easygoing, such as in Colorado or Utah. They aren't as toxic or angry as people in Los Angeles for sure.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:57 am

I have a question for you all. If we moved to conservative Republican US states such as Utah, Texas, Kentucky, Wyoming, Nebraska, etc, would have better social connection and make friends more easily, since those states have people that share some of our values and are probably more down to earth than liberal states like California, Washington state, and New York are?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Postby jamesbond » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:09 pm

pete98146 wrote:

I'd agree with you on that one. I'd also say the farther north you go the least friendly folks become.

I agree, there is no southern hospitality in the northern states, everyone seems to hide in their houses and not socialize with anyone.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation