Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Nicknames for certain cities

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Nicknames for certain cities

Postby MattHanson1990 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:35 pm

I bet a lot of you have heard that some cities in America get certain nicknames because of the skewed male to female ratio. For instance, I've heard people calling Denver "Menver" and San Jose is nicknamed "Man Jose". Many cities in California have more men than women because of high-tech and engineering jobs, and I even saw an excerpt of a local news broadcast with a report about San Jose being Man Jose; locals called Mission Ale House the "Mission Male House" because there were so many men.

So basically speaking, California is an all-man state with a shortage of women to go around; this is why I call San Diego "Man Diego", Los Angeles "Los Mangeles", San Franciso I call "Man Francisco", and I would even call the whole state of California "Maleifornia" or "Calichina" due to the overabundance of men.

Also, while single men outnumber single women on average in the country, there are regions where there's more single women.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby Jester » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Makes good sense.

So...

any ideas for Californians reading this?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Don't forget Seattle and the entire pacific northwest. I just read an article last month that Seattle has something like 6 single men for every 4 single women! :shock:

No wonder why Winston could not meet any women when he was living in Seattle.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Speaking of the USA, USA = the US of A = the US of Gay (due to the advent of gays having more rights than most men in America, dysfunctional dating scene, contraDICKting puritanism, etc.)

Charlotte = Harlotte (a lot of strippers in that city) = Queen City (its actual nickname) = Queer City (a lot of gay Black men there; I was hit on like there was no tomorrow when I used to live there for two years - I couldn't wait to get out!). Queen, in the Black American community, is another word for a sassy Black woman or a sassy gay Black man.

Binghamton, NY = Flinghamton = SUNY Binghamton a State University = a lot of fickle frivolous dating among the sexes...no serious relationships in that mini-city.

Whorlando = a lot of s.lutty Boricua Puerto Rican and Dominican women (via Americanization)

Cry-ami = Miami, FLA = Makes you want to cry because a lot of the women with onion booties there that make you cry but you cannot get most of them as they are highly self-entitled lol

Trampa, Florida = Tampa, FLA (self explanatory) - PS: TRAMPa is spanish for trick/cheat so like Snoop Dogg said, there are a lot of tricks and cheating women out there in Tampa, Florida so n*****s watch out!

Callous Dallous, Texas = Dallas, Texas = because it is a callous city because nobody has any care for anybody else and are mean to everybody but their own clique.

Highland Park Village section of Dallas, Texas = like its initials (HPV) = there are women in Callous Dallas with it.

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby MattHanson1990 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Speaking of the USA, USA = the US of A = the US of Gay (due to the advent of gays having more rights than most men in America, dysfunctional dating scene, contraDICKting puritanism, etc.)

Charlotte = Harlotte (a lot of strippers in that city) = Queen City (its actual nickname) = Queer City (a lot of gay Black men there; I was hit on like there was no tomorrow when I used to live there for two years - I couldn't wait to get out!). Queen, in the Black American community, is another word for a sassy Black woman or a sassy gay Black man.

Binghamton, NY = Flinghamton = SUNY Binghamton a State University = a lot of fickle frivolous dating among the sexes...no serious relationships in that mini-city.

Whorlando = a lot of s.lutty Boricua Puerto Rican and Dominican women (via Americanization)

Cry-ami = Miami, FLA = Makes you want to cry because a lot of the women with onion booties there that make you cry but you cannot get most of them as they are highly self-entitled lol

Trampa, Florida = Tampa, FLA (self explanatory) - PS: TRAMPa is spanish for trick/cheat so like Snoop Dogg said, there are a lot of tricks and cheating women out there in Tampa, Florida so n*****s watch out!

Callous Dallous, Texas = Dallas, Texas = because it is a callous city because nobody has any care for anybody else and are mean to everybody but their own clique.

Highland Park Village section of Dallas, Texas = like its initials (HPV) = there are women in Callous Dallas with it.

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****

Los Hellamos, New Mexico = Los Alamos, New Mexico = a boring small town in the sticks with nothing to do, people are reserved so it's harder to meet people than in Albuquerque, all middle-aged and old people, almost no hot girls, literally NO single women, and more men than women live there because of Los Alamos National Laboratory
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****

Los Hellamos, New Mexico = Los Alamos, New Mexico = a boring small town in the sticks with nothing to do, people are reserved so it's harder to meet people than in Albuquerque, all middle-aged and old people, almost no hot girls, literally NO single women, and more men than women live there because of Los Alamos National Laboratory

Would Al-BOR-Quirky be a good name for Albuquerque?
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Re: Nicknames for certain cities

Postby jullypham » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:35 am

Beautifull Girls all, veru nice!! :)
My faverous album: ket qua bong da
My music style: vaobong
Learn to know more: 1gom
jullypham
Freshman Poster

Postby stevenhoang » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:52 pm

HoChiMinh City: Uncle Ho, VietNam President
Enjoy your life: listen Xoc Dia, W88 Albums and play 166BET
stevenhoang
Freshman Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:53 pm

stevenhoang wrote:HoChiMinh City: Uncle Ho, VietNam President

Dude, we are talking about US cities that we give deliberate nicknames to!
The taxi is waiting for you outside. The driver will take you anywhere you need to go but here.
#TeamSotoNation LOL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J8euJefuG0[/youtube]
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby suprmon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:58 pm

I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Postby MattHanson1990 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:59 am

suprmon wrote:I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!

Either that or they should rename this country:

- The United States of China
- The United States of Americhina

Millennial men have it JUST as bad as Chinese men because they can't afford to go overseas and will likely stay stuck in America and China respectively.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:46 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:
suprmon wrote:I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!

Either that or they should rename this country:

- The United States of China
- The United States of Americhina

Millennial men have it JUST as bad as Chinese men because they can't afford to go overseas and will likely stay stuck in America and China respectively.

Actually, calling it the U.S. of Gay nips it in the bud like the American metrosexuals say.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation