Worst and best possible US states to live in

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Worst and best possible US states to live in

Post by publicduende »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

How long ago did you consider the USA good? I have to admit I am very unhappy with what is going on. The US is a bunch of idiots and it is getting worse quick.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Worst and best possible US states to live in

Post by jamesbond »

publicduende wrote:Kanos/as, this is one for you.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-0 ... -residents
Holy dog shit, I live in the worst state in the country, Illinois! :shock:

No wonder why the people here are so grumpy and unfriendly, they live in the worst state in America! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

jamesbond wrote:Holy dog shit, I live in the worst state in the country, Illinois! :shock:

No wonder why the people here are so grumpy and unfriendly, they live in the worst state in America! :P
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

My impressions based on places I've been (some a long time ago):

GOOD
Utah - beautiful, nice people, money
Alaska - beautiful, money, open to newcomers
Montana, Wyoming - beautiful
Georgia - Nice people outside Atlanta, goodlooking women, a little clannish if you're new
Alabama - nice people, goodlooking women
Mississippi - nice people plus seafood, goodlooking women
Pennsylvania (western) - nice people, beautiful place, goodlooking women
North Carolina - beautiful place; money; women have the prettiest accent in the US
Florida (northern) - relaxed, friendly, redneck, goodlooking women

BAD
Hawaii (Oahu) - unattractive city, nothing outside it - but beautiful to drive around
Nebraska - boring
Maryland - not much there except spies and eggheads
Virginia - NWO dictatorship, clannish, full of government creeps
Texas - fascist NWO dictatorship plus ignorant bluster; goodlooking women
New Jersey - dirty, friendly lowlifes
New York - hell itself, but the food is good; great place if you need "some advice, pal"
New England states - provincial hicks
California - beautiful, temperate, feminist, expensive, greedy governments, state run by fat stupid chicanos, dead economy
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:Holy dog shit, I live in the worst state in the country, Illinois! :shock:

The north end is great for those feeling suicidal but can't bring themselves to do the deed. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

I would like to say deciding which US states are the worst and best possible places to live in will depend upon each person's experience and what they look for. Here are some of the following states that I have lived in (Alaska, Hawaii, and Georgia while growing up in the military, vacationed in, or when going college) and a few I have researched and even considered moving to:

1.) Alaska

PROS: No state income tax
All qualified Alaska state residents receive a dividend check every year (Alaska Permanent Dividend Fund-paid from oil revenues). The amount varies from year to year (anywhere from $800-$2000)
Short, but beautiful summers-near 24hour sunlight. Great scenery-mountains, forest, streams, and rivers.
If you are into the following outdoor activities- hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiles, etc.
Most people I found to be friendly or helpful (live-let-live philosophy)
Great Salmon, Halibut, and King Crab

CONS: High cost-of-living (high rent, housing cost, food prices, gas, and utilities)
Long, dark and very cold winters. It is not unusual for temperatures to drop down to -25, -30, -40, or even -50 BELOW ZERO with "ice fog". The further north you live in the state, the colder and darker it will be.
"Cabin Fever"
Prejudice/racism towards Native Alaskans
Geographic Isolation: Alaska being thousands of miles from the "Lower 48". And within the state, cities are separated by vast distances, few roads. Also, many areas (such as villages) you can reach only by plane.
Natural Disasters: Earthquakes, volcanic activity(Aleutian Islands), tsunamis, forest fires.
Dangerous animals: Bears, Moose, wolves

2.) Hawaii

PROS: Year-round warm, sunny weather
If you into the following outdoor activities- surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, running/jogging, etc.
Beautiful beaches, ocean view, water falls, rainforest
Beautiful women (especially if you're into ASIAN WOMEN)
"Tourist Mecca" Tourism accounts for about $10 BILLION to Hawaii's economy.
Great Asian food, PINEAPPLE and if you love SPAM

CONS: High cost-of-living (high rent, housing cost, food prices, gas, and utilities)
State Income Tax, sales tax
"Island Fever"
Prejudice/racism towards whites
Geographic Isolation: Hawaii being thousands of miles from the "Mainland" or the Continental 48 states. And because the states consists of 8 main islands, much of Hawaii you can reach only by plane or ship.
Natural Disasters: Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity (The Big Island), floods
Dangerous Animals: Sharks, wild boars, Jellyfish, centipeds

3.) Georgia

PROS: Nice, long summers
Great Southern fried Catfish and Hush Puppies.
Low cost-of-living
The HOPE scholarship-all Georgia state residents/high school graduates will have their college paid for if they maintain a "B" grade point average or better. The Georgia state lottery funds this program.

CONS: Summers can be very hot and humid
Prejudice/racism towards blacks (and vice versa)
Natural Disasters: Hurricanes (coastal areas like Savannah)
Dangerous Animals: Rattlesnakes, fire ants, wasps

4.) Florida

Nice, long summers, Central and southern part of the state year-round warm weather
"Tourist Mecca"
Beautiful beaches

CONS: Summers can be very hot and humid
Prejudice/racism towards blacks, Hispanics (and vice versa)
Natural Disasters: Hurricanes (coastal/Gulf areas like Miami, Tampa)
Great influx of people moving in
High levels of Fraud, Indentity theft
Dangerous Animals: Sharks, Alligators, Snakes
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Teal Lantern wrote:

The north end is great for those feeling suicidal but can't bring themselves to do the deed. :wink:
Yes, there is always lake Michigan for those who are considering suicide! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello, my fellow H.A.ers!!! Here's an interesting article of which states are worst for Black Americans to live in.

"WORST STATES FOR BLACK AMERICANS" (By 24/7 WallSt.com)

http://www.247wallst.com/special-report ... mericans-2

1.) WISCONSIN

2.) MINNESOTA

3.) ILLINOIS

4.) VIRGINIA

5.) FLORIDA

6.) MICHIGAN

7.) NEW JERSEY

8.) PENNSYLVANIA

9.) LOUISIANA

10.) OHIO
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Florida should not be on ANYONE'S top 10 list of best states to live in.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

IraqVet2003 wrote:I would like to say deciding which US states are the worst and best possible places to live in will depend upon each person's experience and what they look for. Here are some of the following states that I have lived in (Alaska, Hawaii, and Georgia while growing up in the military, vacationed in, or when going college) and a few I have researched and even considered moving to:

1.) Alaska

All qualified Alaska state residents receive a dividend check every year (Alaska Permanent Dividend Fund-paid from oil revenues). The amount varies from year to year (anywhere from $800-$2000)
Short, but beautiful summers-near 24hour sunlight. Great scenery-mountains, forest, streams, and rivers.
If you are into the following outdoor activities- hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiles, etc.
Most people I found to be friendly or helpful (live-let-live philosophy)
Great Salmon, Halibut, and King Crab

Long, dark and very cold winters. It is not unusual for temperatures to drop down to -25, -30, -40, or even -50 BELOW ZERO with "ice fog". The further north you live in the state, the colder and darker it will be.
"Cabin Fever"
Prejudice/racism towards Native Alaskans
Geographic Isolation: Alaska being thousands of miles from the "Lower 48". And within the state, cities are separated by vast distances, few roads. Also, many areas (such as villages) you can reach only by plane.
Natural Disasters: Earthquakes, volcanic activity(Aleutian Islands), tsunamis, forest fires.
Dangerous animals: Bears, Moose, wolves
I'm looking at Alaska. I know it takes A LOT A LOT A LOT of preparation beforehand and even during/after the move. What was it like for you? I assume you lived in a census-designated city and not one of the random villages in the Arctic Circle.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Blue Murder wrote:Florida should not be on ANYONE'S top 10 list of best states to live in.
I agree. What's up with all the crazy stories coming out of that place? What's causing people to act so nutty there?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Growing up in the upper Midwest (Illinois and Wisconsin), I was always fascinated with what was south and west of me. South, Lower Midwest (Kansas, Oklahoma), Southwest, West, etc. I still think that sunbelt cities/states have an edge over more established regions and legacy cities in the North/Northeast and West Coast. Sunbelt cities tend to be more ethnically integrated, affordable, you can get lost in the crowd a little easier, the weather/scenery are more conducive to varied lifestyles that you could get into. I think my native Chicagoland has enough quantity to satisfy some of my needs since it's such a massive area, but it's actually just a more glamorous version of Detroit. Northern Illinois/Southeastern Wisconsin puts you in the Chi-Milwaukee-Madison triangle and has some nice scenery, but the women are vacuous and rotund.

If I ever relocated wthin the United States, it would be South Texas (like El Paso), possibly New Mexico or Arizona. Austin has long been a cool western-y city, but I've heard its been overrun with snobby yuppies and the COL has skyrocketed. Miami also intrigues me, but there might be too many big city drawbacks, wannabe superstar culture. Other pockets of Florida intrigue me, but I sense I'd like Texas or NM/AZ better. The close proximity to Mexico alone is a selling point.

The worst places to be in the USA, well... California has a lot to see but has become a hellish state with it's ungodly COL and teetering economy. SoCal is ground zero for hyper-consumerism. American pop-trash culture trends start there and spread elsewhere. Nor Cal suburbs might be single guy hell what with the horrible gender ratios and robotic, conceited people.

Seattle and Portland would depress the hell out of me: the weather, the demographics, the attitudes, ugh, major ugh.

Other notables:

Detroit/Michigan/Ohio/Indiana - cookie cutter Midwestern stuff, rust belt stagnancy, chock full of fat, racist white, black and mexican people who's lives revolve around beer, chicken wings and Monday night football.

Nebraska/Dakotas - there. is. just. nothing. out. there. period.

Washington DC/NOVA - I think enough has been documented about this place.

So, I guess my list looks like this:

Best:

Texas, and neighboring southwestern areas

Worst:

Rust Belt, Nebraska/Dakotas, the Capital, Basically the entire west coast