Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Los Alamos, New Mexico: A true dating nightmare

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Los Alamos, New Mexico: A true dating nightmare

Postby MattHanson1990 » August 3rd, 2014, 10:54 am

This post is regarding Los Alamos, New Mexico, the town I grew up in before moving to Albuquerque. Los Alamos is about 45 minutes northwest of Santa Fe, located in the Jemez Mountains. It is known for the atomic bomb being developed there during World War II, and its primary place of work is Los Alamos National Laboratory. The area has a lot of hiking trails and is geared towards people who love the outdoors. However, there are SEVERAL disadvantages of living there.

- A lot of the people there are cliquish, reserved, and workaholics
- Barely any young people; it's mostly people in their 40s and older
- The only nightlife is open-air concerts on Friday nights during the summer
- Few, if any, hot girls; Los Alamos women all dress modestly, showing very little to no cleavage, and wearing longer length shorts/skirts/dresses compared to women in Albuquerque
- There is not much to do other than outdoors stuff
- Los Alamos literally has NO single women, meaning every woman living there either has a boyfriend, is engaged, or married; the dating scene is nonexistent except for current Los Alamos High School students.
- More men than women live in Los Alamos because of the lab; single men usually won't find a woman in Los Alamos

As you can see, Los Alamos is definitely NOT a place for young single men. While New Mexico girls are often way more approachable and down to earth compared to places like California, it's harder to get dates in New Mexico due to the fact that much of the state is sparsely populated; Albuquerque is the best place in all of New Mexico to get dates, even though there are some small towns in the state where there's more single women such as Espanola.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 743
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Los Alamos, New Mexico: A true dating nightmare

Postby Zero_Tolerance_Man » August 3rd, 2014, 5:37 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:This post is regarding Los Alamos, New Mexico, the town I grew up in before moving to Albuquerque. Los Alamos is about 45 minutes northwest of Santa Fe, located in the Jemez Mountains. It is known for the atomic bomb being developed there during World War II, and its primary place of work is Los Alamos National Laboratory. The area has a lot of hiking trails and is geared towards people who love the outdoors. However, there are SEVERAL disadvantages of living there.

- A lot of the people there are cliquish, reserved, and workaholics
- Barely any young people; it's mostly people in their 40s and older
- The only nightlife is open-air concerts on Friday nights during the summer
- Few, if any, hot girls; Los Alamos women all dress modestly, showing very little to no cleavage, and wearing longer length shorts/skirts/dresses compared to women in Albuquerque
- There is not much to do other than outdoors stuff
- Los Alamos literally has NO single women, meaning every woman living there either has a boyfriend, is engaged, or married; the dating scene is nonexistent except for current Los Alamos High School students.
- More men than women live in Los Alamos because of the lab; single men usually won't find a woman in Los Alamos

As you can see, Los Alamos is definitely NOT a place for young single men. While New Mexico girls are often way more approachable and down to earth compared to places like California, it's harder to get dates in New Mexico due to the fact that much of the state is sparsely populated; Albuquerque is the best place in all of New Mexico to get dates, even though there are some small towns in the state where there's more single women such as Espanola.


How about Las Cruces? I was thinking about moving there from South Florida because I hate it here with all the road rage and spoiled Jewish bitches
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: October 9th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Re: Los Alamos, New Mexico: A true dating nightmare

Postby MattHanson1990 » October 12th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:How about Las Cruces? I was thinking about moving there from South Florida because I hate it here with all the road rage and spoiled Jewish bitches


Las Cruces is a good choice because it's within striking distance of El Paso, Texas, which is one of a few cities in the US that is removed from regular American culture in several ways.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 743
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Postby Winston » October 13th, 2014, 1:32 pm

I was in Los Alamos during my last Southwest road trip. It was a weird town, but clean and safe. They have to make it clean and safe to attract the country's top scientists and physicists to work there.

But yeah the town looks super cliquish. There are lots of hot girls there but they are usually teenagers or college age. Everything closes early there too. If you go to that park with the pond in the middle in the center of the little town, you will see lots of hot girls there. But they look like teenagers.

The Motel 6 there is cheap though. It had spacious rooms and cost only $40 a night. Motel 6 rooms are usually very small now, but this one was an exception. I think it was converted from a Days Inn building.

The only thing to do there is to see that science museum. It's nice for a day trip and you do learn a lot.

Also, to get in and out of the town, you have to go through a security gate and show your license.

It might be a nice town if you have a wife and family and move there for work, and you're a scientist or physicist. But it's not a fun town or a social town for singles.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24778
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby MattHanson1990 » October 14th, 2014, 5:17 am

Winston wrote:I was in Los Alamos during my last Southwest road trip. It was a weird town, but clean and safe. They have to make it clean and safe to attract the country's top scientists and physicists to work there.

But yeah the town looks super cliquish. There are lots of hot girls there but they are usually teenagers or college age. Everything closes early there too. If you go to that park with the pond in the middle in the center of the little town, you will see lots of hot girls there. But they look like teenagers.

The Motel 6 there is cheap though. It had spacious rooms and cost only $40 a night. Motel 6 rooms are usually very small now, but this one was an exception. I think it was converted from a Days Inn building.

The only thing to do there is to see that science museum. It's nice for a day trip and you do learn a lot.

Also, to get in and out of the town, you have to go through a security gate and show your license.

It might be a nice town if you have a wife and family and move there for work, and you're a scientist or physicist. But it's not a fun town or a social town for singles.


From my experience, almost all the hot girls in Los Alamos are in high school; there are barely any who are college-age. Also, the security checkpoints are only for roads that go onto lab property. If you take New Mexico state route 502 west from US 84/285, it'll take you up to the townsite, and there aren't any security checkpoints as it doesn't go onto lab property. There's a secondary road designed for trucks (locals call it the truck route) and runs roughly parallel to NM 502, and it too doesn't have a security checkpoint; however, if you turn left at the stoplight to go to the lab, there is a checkpoint, but no checkpoint if you keep going straight as the road takes you into the townsite.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 743
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am


Return to North America, Domestic Relocation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests