Mexican Border the only good place to meet women in America?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Mexican Border the only good place to meet women in America?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Is the region near the border with Mexico the only part of the United States for guys to meet decent women? Not many people relocate to these border towns as they are paranoid about them being dangerous and the drug violence spilling over into the US.

Perhaps the only pocket in the US where guys have an easier time meeting decent women is in towns and cities on the Mexican border, with the exception of San Diego which is Americanized, especially north of downtown. But I think it's reversed in all the other border towns. For instance, I met way more decent women in El Paso than I did in New Mexico, and even many of them are single. Is it also the same in Nogales AZ, Laredo, McAllen, Brownsville, Eagle Pass, and Del Rio?

And is it also the same in Tijuana, Nogales (Sonora), Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Piedras Negras, Ciudad Acuña, Reynosa, and Matamoros?

My next trip to El Paso, I'm planning on going to Juarez to try to meet women.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mexican Border the only good place to meet women in Amer

Post by fschmidt »

All of the Texas border towns are good. I don't think Juarez is better than El Paso. This is probably because it went through a (drug) war recently. But if you haven't been to Mexico, it is worth visiting. The other border towns with Texas on the Mexican side are controlled by the Zetas (a violent drug gang trained by Americans) so they aren't so good right now either. Tijuana is fine but is a big city, so people aren't overly friendly. Living in San Diego and dating in Tijuana would probably work well if you can tolerate living with Americans.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

fschmidt wrote:All of the Texas border towns are good. I don't think Juarez is better than El Paso. This is probably because it went through a (drug) war recently. But if you haven't been to Mexico, it is worth visiting. The other border towns with Texas on the Mexican side are controlled by the Zetas (a violent drug gang trained by Americans) so they aren't so good right now either. Tijuana is fine but is a big city, so people aren't overly friendly. Living in San Diego and dating in Tijuana would probably work well if you can tolerate living with Americans.
I may plan to visit Laredo one of these days to meet women.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Guys just go to interior Mexico. It's a fantastic option that a lot more guys should explore.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

travelsouth wrote:Guys just go to interior Mexico. It's a fantastic option that a lot more guys should explore.
Having been to Ciudad Juarez already, I noticed that most of the women I met there weren't corrupted by American culture, even though it's next to El Paso. As far as going deeper into Mexico, I think I'll definitely check out Parral, Culiacan, Monterrey, Ensenada, Veracruz, Guadalajara, and Durango. However, Cancun is off the HA list because it's completely Americanized; even in the border towns, it's much easier to meet women. I may consider Mexico City, but I've heard it is expensive. Also if I do happen to fly into Cancun, I'll stay in Playa del Carmen because a member told me on the Facebook group that Playa is much easier for meeting women and is cheaper as well.

One of the reasons I chose Ciudad Juarez for my first HA destination was that entering Mexico and re-entering the US was very easy to do since I crossed the border on foot. And I can re-enter the US for a day trip and return to Mexico if I stay at Hostal 697.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
travelsouth wrote:Guys just go to interior Mexico. It's a fantastic option that a lot more guys should explore.
Having been to Ciudad Juarez already, I noticed that most of the women I met there weren't corrupted by American culture, even though it's next to El Paso. As far as going deeper into Mexico, I think I'll definitely check out Parral, Culiacan, Monterrey, Ensenada, Veracruz, Guadalajara, and Durango. However, Cancun is off the HA list because it's completely Americanized; even in the border towns, it's much easier to meet women. I may consider Mexico City, but I've heard it is expensive. Also if I do happen to fly into Cancun, I'll stay in Playa del Carmen because a member told me on the Facebook group that Playa is much easier for meeting women and is cheaper as well.

One of the reasons I chose Ciudad Juarez for my first HA destination was that entering Mexico and re-entering the US was very easy to do since I crossed the border on foot. And I can re-enter the US for a day trip and return to Mexico if I stay at Hostal 697.
What do you consider expensive?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

travelsouth wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

How expensive is Rent, COL, etc in Mexico City compared to major US cities?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

fightforlove wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

It depends on where you want to live. And if you want to live where I want to live, rent isn't going to drop in Mexico City or Bogota versus the Midwest USA. Versus high end Miami, LA, NYC, etc it will of course be a lot lower. But I don't slum when I travel. I prefer to date the upper crust of latina (isn't that the freakin point?)
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

travelsouth wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

It depends on where you want to live. And if you want to live where I want to live, rent isn't going to drop in Mexico City or Bogota versus the Midwest USA. Versus high end Miami, LA, NYC, etc it will of course be a lot lower. But I don't slum when I travel. I prefer to date the upper crust of latina (isn't that the freakin point?)
I live in Chicago, which is not as stupid expensive as NY/LA/SF, but still pretty darn expensive compared to smaller USA areas. I'd probably want to start with an apt or condo in a safe neighborhood with decent proximity to some target-rich environments. I also prefer middle/upper-middle class Mexicans, but not just the white fresas practically all white American guys seem to drool over, I'm also into mestizas. How is the housing market in DF and other major Mexican metros?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

DF is the most expensive, but probably less than the Windy City. What's your budget?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

travelsouth wrote:DF is the most expensive, but probably less than the Windy City. What's your budget?
Well, it depends. If I were to be renting, I'd not want to spend much more than 1,000 USD/month. How much do most houses cost in Mexico?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

fightforlove wrote:
travelsouth wrote:DF is the most expensive, but probably less than the Windy City. What's your budget?
Well, it depends. If I were to be renting, I'd not want to spend much more than 1,000 USD/month. How much do most houses cost in Mexico?
A house? In Mexico City?!?. I think you mean an apartment. If you are looking at 1 bedrooms you should be able to track one down in La Condesa or Polanco. If you need a bigger place then just look across Av. Insurgentes in Roma (different barrio than Roma norte). You want to be in these areas.

http://mexicocity.craigslist.com.mx/apa ... g=en&cc=us $580 bucks

http://mexicocity.craigslist.com.mx/apa ... g=en&cc=us $1050

http://mexicocity.craigslist.com.mx/apa ... g=en&cc=us $997

I would be happy to tell you how good the location is if you post the address of apartments you are looking for or PM me. Being near Parque Mexico (Av Amsterdam) is were it is at. The late high end remodels are going to cost more. But if you are looking for just nice and homey (not luxury) then you should be able to find something in the 800 range.

If you see a nice once you like at $1200 or $1300 a month dont be afraid to write and let them know your budget. If it is has been on the market long they could be flexible.

IF a lot of space is not a top priority and you would settle for something small, nice and in the perfect location then you can look at this too
http://mexicocity.craigslist.com.mx/apa ... g=en&cc=us

It is less than $600 but it is small. If I was moving to DF I would probably consider a place like this short term (maybe 3 to 6 months) so I could see if I liked DF. Eventually I would think you'd need more space to entertain. But at first it will hold your clothes, you can cook there, and the price is right. But down the road I would want more of a place to chill with the chica I was seeing.