Why living in Southern US States is healthier and friendlier

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why living in Southern US States is healthier and friendlier

Post by jamesbond »

Here are 5 good reasons why living in the southern states is better for you than living in the cloudy, cold northern states.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why living in the Northern States is not Healthy

Post by gsjackson »

I agree with everything this babe says, but must note that I lived in Madison, Wisconsin for five years and didn't come down with a single bug the entire time. Got sick only when I visited family in New Orleans.

Historically, the lower Mississippi delta regions were incubators of disease, and spurred the great southwest health migration. From a health standpoint, I'm a much bigger fan of the dry climate in the American West than the steamy humidity of the South. Florida's great in the winter, not so much the rest of the year.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:Here are 5 good reasons why living in the southern states is better for you than living in the cloudy, cold northern states.

Hey Jamesbond, great video!!! I agree with the points this young lady made. Especially about getting enough sunlight and being a great source of vitamin D!!!! Not to mention it brightens not only your day but your mood. I currently live in Fairbanks, Alaska and it is both very cold (it can get down to -20 to -50) and dark this time of year. However, Alaska has a very arid climate verses a "wet" type of cold. But, on the other hand, Alaska is nice in the summer time in which the sun stays up 12-20 hrs. a day. Plus, if your into hunting wild game, fishing, hiking, camping, kayaking, and any other outdoor activity Alaska is the a great state to be in. Personally, I'm looking to move back down to the "lower 48" soon possibly in Nevada. Then from there to save enough money to move out of the U.S.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

With air conditioning, southern states are better to live in in terms of climate. Make sure your house is insulated, though. Southern houses typically aren't as well insulated and consume too much electricity in the winter months.

Alaska is probably unbeatable for hunting and fishing and outdoorsy stuff, aside from temperature and daylight hour issues, but there are plenty of opportunities for this stuff in the southeast, too. Southern cooking can be tasty and interesting, too. Them Yankees don't cook their green beans long enough. :) In the Southeast, there are cotton mouths and rattlesnakes. Leave the black snakes and king snakes alone. They eat the poisonous critters.

It's my impression that southerns tend to be a bit more warm and friendly than folks in certain other parts of the country.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Here are 5 good reasons why living in the southern states is better for you than living in the cloudy, cold northern states.

Hey Jamesbond, great video!!! I agree with the points this young lady made. Especially about getting enough sunlight and being a great source of vitamin D!!!! Not to mention it brightens not only your day but your mood. I currently live in Fairbanks, Alaska and it is both very cold (it can get down to -20 to -50) and dark this time of year.

Personally, I'm looking to move back down to the "lower 48" soon possibly in Nevada. Then from there to save enough money to move out of the U.S.
I was originally thinking about relocating to Florida but I think the humidity and the bugs might be too much for me. I have visited Florida in the past and I need to do it again I think. I have been to Las Vegas and the heat during the summer time is just unbearable, other than that I do like Nevada and Vegas.

Phoenix was literally an oven when I visited it during August years ago but maybe I should check out some other cities in Arizona. I live in Illinois and it was below zero again last night. I absolutely cannot stand these winters here. It's not only cold and snowy but it's cloudy almost every day during the winter months and it's very depressing. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why living in Southern US States is healthier and friendlier

Post by Winston »

I have a question. Do you think if we had to move back to the US that we'd be more happy in the southern states or Republican right wing red conservative states? Such as Texas, Wyoming, Tennessee, Utah, etc?

I mean outside of California and New York and the Pacific Northwest, most of the rest of America tends to be right wing conservative right? They hate liberals too right? Just like we do. So does that mean we would get along with people better there and vibe better and have more friends? At least male friends if not any dates?

What do you think? Have you considered this?

Also when i lived in Nevada, i went out with two girls from Tennessee. One became my girlfriend for a while. It seems that Tennessee girls are more friendly and approachable and down to earth. Is that true of Tennessee girls in general or was i just lucky to meet some friendly ones? Any idea?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why living in Southern US States is healthier and friendlier

Post by Winston »

Here's a great song about the lovely Southern weather at night called "Southern Nights" by Glen Campbell. It's a great feel good oldie that will uplift your mood whenever you feel down.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne