Winston's Southwest USA Photos - Breathtaking!

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston's Southwest USA Photos - Breathtaking!

Post by Winston »

Check out my Southwest USA photo albums, and you'll see why I love the natural scenery and desert canyons of that area so much. This region really resonates with me and makes me feel at optimum health and in high spirits. There is a spiritual purification aspect of the desert that I've always loved and felt at home in too.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Southwest_Photos.htm
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My breathtaking Southwest USA Photo Albums have now been moved to Shutterfly. Here is the link. Some cute girls are in them too. :)

http://southwestusacanyons.shutterfly.com/pictures
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I spent the last two days hiking and driving around the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest in Eastern Arizona. Wow it was very spectacular. I saw some of the best desert scenery ever. The desert there had so many colors and stripes, and whole sections were filled with vivid pink colors.

The Petrified Forest section was something I'd never seen before. Logs and tree stumps were turned into rock crystals with kaleidoscope colors after millions of years. I never knew that wood could become crystals. Millions of years ago, Arizona was a swamp land with dinosaurs. Then the trees went underwater and the area dried up. Silica water and other minerals turns the wood and trees into rock crystals with many colors. It was very fascinating and breathtaking.

There was enough in that national park to see to fill up two days. I tried to see every part of it that I could. After two days of hiking and taking many photos, I was exhausted and sunburned yesterday. I slept 12 hours afterward at a motel. Today I'm resting inside the motel, since I'm still tired and it is very windy outside.

If you like deserts and nature, this is a must see place. It is very quiet and there are not many visitors since it is far away from major cities. At the southern entrance of the park is a free campground too, where I stayed one night. (I guess there aren't enough campers for them to monetize and staff it)

Here is some more info about the park if any of you are interested.

http://www.nps.gov/pefo/index.htm
http://www.arizona-leisure.com/painted-desert.html
http://www.arizonaguide.com/places-to-v ... ted-desert
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/tr ... onal-park/

I took many photos but I don't have time to upload them. Instead, here are some images of where I was from Google Images:

Logs at Petrified Forest that turned into rock crystal after millions of years.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Post by Bitch_Slapper »

A possible source of NASA's "moon rocks."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Beautiful photos, Winston.

Glad you're traveling for yourself.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just posted some photos of me in Chaco Culture Park in New Mexico, and Painted Desert in Arizona, here:

viewtopic.php?p=195669#195669

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lord knows I appreciate my desert home a thousand times more after being in the jungle/swamp land of Pattaya, Thailand, the epitome of decadence.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston's Southwest USA Photos - Breathtaking!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've begun uploading my 2006 Southwest USA road trip videos to YouTube. They were very memorable and breathtaking and a long 4 month journey of discovery with a lot of variety of places! It was the most memorable road trip of my life! Besides the gorgeous scenery, this sort of gives you an idea of the wonderful feeling of FREEDOM on the road amidst beautiful nature, even in a toxic culture like America, that I enjoyed for several months between June and October of 2006. I suggest you all try it sometime, even if alone. It's a very spiritual experience that gives you peace of mind and communion with nature, especially if you're a desert rat like me and are drawn to canyons, desert and mountains.

The footage includes occasional socializing with friendly people and hanging out too, as well as constant scoping of hot girls in the distance. lol. I have about 24 hours of footage so there is a ton to see. I skipped part 1 and 2 though because part 1 requires some edits and the disc for part 2 is busted. So I'm starting with part 3. Hope someone out there enjoys it. :)

Part 3 Winston's Southwest USA Tour 2006 - Arizona Canyons, Navajo Lands, Gallup, NM

Breathtaking videos of my road tour through the scenic Southwest USA during 2006 from June to October. Part 3 includes Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Navajo Lands, Canyon de Chelly, Antelope Canyon (aka Slot Canyons), Monument Valley, Gallup, NM.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Part 4 is now uploaded!

Part 4 Winston's Southwest USA Road Tour 2006 - New Mexico, Colorado

Breathtaking videos of my memorable road tour through the scenic Southwest USA in 2006 from June to October. Part 4 includes Gallup, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Buddhist Monastery in Forest, Colorado Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde Ruins, Hot Springs Pool, Rocky Mountains, Durango, Waterfalls.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Next part is ready.

Part 5 Winston's Southwest USA Road Tour 2006 - Colorado, Utah Canyons

Breathtaking videos of my memorable road tour through the scenic Southwest USA in 2006 from June to October. Part 4 includes Colorado Mountains and Utah Canyons - Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point, Goosenecks, Capitol Reef, Valley of the Gods.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Part 6 Winston's Southwest USA Road Tour 2006 - Utah Canyons, Nevada, California

Breathtaking videos of my memorable road tour through the scenic Southwest USA in 2006 from June to October. Part 6 includes Utah Canyons - Capitol Reef, Kodachrome, Bryce Canyon; then Las Vegas, Death Valley Desert, and Los Angeles.