Why I hate living in the suburbs

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Why I hate living in the suburbs

Post by Slick »

The suburbs might be a good place to raise a family and such, but here's a catch. It may not be glamorous, especially for young, single bachelors. Here's a few reasons why I hate living in the suburbs:

1) Houses... Houses everywhere

The suburbs is nothing but an endless sea of look-alike cookie cutter homes. The houses look interesting

2) Lack of decent entertainment

Adding to point #1, there's hardly anything going on in the suburbs. Occasionally, you might see a Wal-Mart or a McDonalds, but that's about it in terms of entertainment. I don't think anyone goes to those places on a daily basis.

3) There's no one around

You hardly see anyone walking around the neighborhood. I'm not counting people who goes on the driveway to get in their cars, doing yardwork, or checking the mail. You can go for days and not see a single soul anywhere. It feels like a ghost town.

4) Hard to meet new people and make friends.

In the suburbs, most people are married and have families. They tend to have a close social circle and prefer not to interact with anyone outside their clique. Plus they have busy lives which consists of working, raising children and watching T.V. Just like with point #3, there's no one around which makes it hard to meet new people and make friends.

5) Lack of dating options.

Most of the women in the suburbs are married middle age women or retired grandmas collecting social security. There's hardly any young single women in my age bracket (in the 18-30 range). They don't hang out in the burbs. They hang out in the Urban core or around colleges.

6) Too far from everything.

I live in an area with a population between 200k to 300k. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Downtown area where the young singles hang out. Once in a while I like to drive but I prefer to walk. Plus, parking is hard to find. The nazis that run the city overcharges you for parking, or you end up with an expensive parking ticket.

7) Too quiet.

The suburbs are too quiet. When I hear a car pass by or a dog that suddenly barks, it feels like a bomb went off in the middle of the night. Anyone who's been in the military probably knows what I'm talking about.

8) Did I mention it's only for married people with children?

The suburbs are great if you're married and have children. But for me I'm not that impressed with the suburbs. I'd rather live in the city, or only within a few blocks. I recommend young single guys who wants an active dating and social life to invest in a condo in the city rather than a luxury home in the burbs.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Why I hate living in the suburbs

Post by starchild5 »

Yeah but make sure..Its a decent condo not a shoe box.

Condo living is over rated now a days unless you have LOT OF MONEY. Most of new condos in Asia are 30 sq. feet the ones you can afford being a single guy in your early 20s and 30s. Not sure how the scene in America is.

I was in Thailand and 90% of the Condos are been built for dead people in their graves. Everything is SMALL...Who the heck came up with Studio concept...Its stupid...

Plus the food quantity..the serving size is reducing everyday in restaurants near condos...Only Midgets can eat their portions.

Its claustrophobic...plus the association dues, electric, water is all higher than normal price. You pay for everything living in Condo at a higher price.

Even 1 BHK in Bangkok in a good location is 20k THB/month....which is like the avg. salary for Thai people.

I had high expectations of living in High Rise Condos being from a third world country but once you live inside it...you wanna get out of it asap... 8)
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I cant live in 30sq ft. Like a monkey in a cage. My house is 350 m2, almost 4000 sq ft. The property many times that. I need open space and privacy. I don't want to see or hear neighours, smell their supper nor know how often they pomp. My pool alone is about another 75 m2 which is about 800 sq ft. Then I have 2 large gardens, garages, outside flat, bush to cut wood etc. I have a bar, braai area, 2 lounges so kids can watch TV and I still have privacy, a dining room to eat like a civilised white man.

I want to live like a free white man, not a caged animal, walk and swim nude, have place where my son can shoot, practice shooting etc.

These modern security complexes with no garden and everyone on top of each other is not for me. Nor is having a darkie security guard at the gate. I don't want to see a darkie near me. Security means having no darkies, so we do it ourselves. All volunteer white men. Besides who wants to be asked for ID by a darkie to be allowed entrance. It is degrading to submit white people to that. Rather white people asking darkies what are you doing here. Who are you visiting. Can we help you to get on your way.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I have been saying for years that the suburbs suck for single people. There is literally nothing to do except go shopping. All you see are married women when you go to stores and shopping malls, there are almost NO single women in the suburbs. :shock:

Here is what Roosh has to say about living in the suburbs.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYP8-3TrOA[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Slick wrote:
December 26th, 2016, 2:46 pm
8) Did I mention it's only for married people with children?
But isn't that the pinnacle of human existence? It is if you believe our resident man-slave cucks! :lol:
Slick wrote: The suburbs are great if you're married and have children.
I think the suburbs suck for EVERYONE for the reasons you deftly cited above. It is just that married people with children begrudgingly choose to live there because family homes with are larger and more affordable than those in the cities, crime and public safety is thought to be better there, and publicly-funded schools are of higher quality. If fact, that is primarily why suburbs exist. School districts of middle income families could see their dollars better spent there than in the abyss of urban cesspool school districts.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Personally, although I am a city guy I am liking the suburbs more nowadays because I have had a hard time getting quiet recording space in the city with cholic crying wailing babies, TV set on all day from bums or illegal immigrant grandparents whom don't work that can be heard through the thin cheap apartment walls. I figured I need to get a car when I return to the U.S. of Gay and move to a Texan suburb in the sticks so I can get naturally quiet recording space. It cannot be a suburban neighbourhood because Americans love their dogs and dogs are vociferous compared to cats so I have to put up with copious barking that is nerve-racking. so I need to live in the sticks more so than the suburbs is what I meant to say. The only caveat is that I will incur ticket violations (as a man, we cannot get out of them) at least once a month (another "State tax" i.e.), insurance per annum, gas refills, rotating tires every 2,500 mi. so thats why I will buy a used car outright to mitigate such expense...and that will cut into my abroad traveling a bit because I'm moving back to the south that pays less but more stability methinks.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 6:32 am
Personally, although I am a city guy I am liking the suburbs more nowadays because I have had a hard time getting quiet recording space in the city with cholic crying wailing babies, TV set on all day from bums or illegal immigrant grandparents whom don't work that can be heard through the thin cheap apartment walls. I figured I need to get a car when I return to the U.S. of Gay and move to a Texan suburb in the sticks so I can get naturally quiet recording space. It cannot be a suburban neighbourhood because Americans love their dogs and dogs are vociferous compared to cats so I have to put up with copious barking that is nerve-racking. so I need to live in the sticks more so than the suburbs is what I meant to say. The only caveat is that I will incur ticket violations (as a man, we cannot get out of them) at least once a month (another "State tax" i.e.), insurance per annum, gas refills, rotating tires every 2,500 mi. so thats why I will buy a used car outright to mitigate such expense...and that will cut into my abroad traveling a bit because I'm moving back to the south that pays less but more stability methinks.
I think you might like a small town, almost rural setting not too far from a major city. Florida is full of those types of locales.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 9:47 am
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 6:32 am
I think you might like a small town, almost rural setting not too far from a major city. Florida is full of those types of locales.
Thanks C.E., but Florida rubs me the wrong way; no offence please. I tried living in Winter Park, Tampa, Clearwater, and those places didn't work for me. I felt like I was going to get locked up over nothing because even the police were weird-acting down there...the bad tap water from the over-fertilization of lawns down there. The Jewish retirees from the northeast were actually very very nice cordial people. The youngsters of all ethnic backgrounds there were ill-mannered; they were very crass. Miami was weird, but I had two Ecuadoreans whom had my back when I needed a place to store my electronic equipment for two months...they did it free of charge until I got enough money to get out of there. :-) Its neighbour Georgia is worse....I cannot do the deep South. I don't think Texas is the deep south although it's the western most part of the South. I personally feel that the South ends after crossing into west of Jasper Texas (yeah I know the Interracial Relationship horror shows of the last 20 yrs there) from the Louisiana border (Louisiana IMHO is a horrible state and easy to get locked up there). Houston is better than Atlanta. Atlanta is tooo...errr you know...for me. lol Houston is more diverse for a "southern" city....way more open-minded than even Dallas which I loathe.. DFW sucks. Ft. Worth is even more backwards than Dallas. But if I move a deep Dallas suburb, then I can frequent Houston twice monthly because I just don't like DFW...too libtarded....Austin is even worse. Houston, becoming more liberal, still has a cooler vibe than the aforementioned. Houston has more things that cater to my music and suburbs are not super-far away from Houston proper so I will seek a Houston suburb somewhere no more than 35 mis radius out from Houston's epicenter.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The benefits of living in the suburbs is that it is safe and quiet. The downside is that it's about as exciting as watching cement dry! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

jamesbond wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:06 pm
The benefits of living in the suburbs is that it is safe and quiet. The downside is that it's about as exciting as watching cement dry! :shock:
...better than dealing with vociferousness via cheap apartment walls.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

As long as you're 400 miles away from the ocean,

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.