Where to settle down in the U.S.?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Where to settle down in the U.S.?

Post by Nailer »

If you wanted to settle down in a place you could buy a 3-BR house for less than $300,000 and raise a family, where would you go in the U.S.? It seems like the influx of immigrants has shifted things so that now you have to pay a premium to get away from the brown people, unless you like having your neighbors shooting their guns into the air.

Pacific Northwest: Suicide-inducing weather, socially retarded people.
Texas / Nevada / Arizona: Mexicans everywhere and way too hot.
Midwest: Probably the last place where you can find good people who aren't living in million dollar houses.
South: OMG black ppl gross :shock:
Northeast: expensive and shitty.

I'd say northern California, like Redding, might be one of the best spots. Salt Lake City, Colorado, Idaho maybe. Any thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Where to settle down in the U.S.?

Post by Kradmelder »

As an outsider,

i hated the NE. Farkin awful whiney liberal bastids, and crowded.

The south is ok. Good white people. Full of niggers but im used to that.

Idaho was great. Not a darkie in sight but mexicans on the farms. I think montana or wyoming would also be nice. Open space and white.

Colorado was full of yuppies

California was plastic. Awful place.

Texas is full of posers trying to fit an image

Midwest sure has a lot of fat f***s. A bit too conformist for me
dragonsmack68
Freshman Poster

Post by dragonsmack68 »

Utah of course. I moved here from NY many years ago and it is a great state to raise a family. The economy is good, We have skiing, hiking, 4 wheeling, boating ..pretty much anything you can think of to do. It is also very family oriented and even though you may live next to mormons may seem annoying, it is great because you dont have to worry about them partying and playing music loud.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Nailer wrote:If you wanted to settle down in a place you could buy a 3-BR house for less than $300,000 and raise a family, where would you go in the U.S.? It seems like the influx of immigrants has shifted things so that now you have to pay a premium to get away from the brown people, unless you like having your neighbors shooting their guns into the air.

Pacific Northwest: Suicide-inducing weather, socially retarded people.
Texas / Nevada / Arizona: Mexicans everywhere and way too hot.
Midwest: Probably the last place where you can find good people who aren't living in million dollar houses.
South: OMG black ppl gross :shock:
Northeast: expensive and shitty.

I'd say northern California, like Redding, might be one of the best spots. Salt Lake City, Colorado, Idaho maybe. Any thoughts?
I have been thinking about this for a long time. I live in the midwest which has horrific winters so I prefer a place where it does not snow or get cold during the winter months.

I have visited 33 states so far and Florida and Texas seem to be too dam hot and humid. Arizona and Nevada is hotter than hell (it's a dry heat but it's still too dam hot).

California is way too expensive and the pacific northwest is too rainy and cloudy (and too many anti social people).

Colorado and Utah are beautiful states but they get a lot of snow during the winter time. I think I will check out Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina again.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I am personally liking Southern California, with one caveat: I am LIVING in Tijuana and working/ sometimes shopping in the US. Otherwise I like the amount of stuff to do, shopping, and Los Angles and other cities nearby, but be able to escape that at a minutes notice. So outside the cost of living, Southern California is nice. Weather is good too.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com