Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Postby momopi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am

"...in Minnesota common courtesy dictates that when you pass someone on the street you make eye contact and smile or otherwise acknowledge their existence. This really creeped out a friend of mine from NJ, who felt it was an invasion of her personal space. one day she was walking down the street in Mpls and didn't acknowledge a homeless woman, who then followed her down the street cursing at her. Having this woman curse at her made my friend feel better."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Postby Frankly006 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:07 am

momopi wrote:"...in Minnesota common courtesy dictates that when you pass someone on the street you make eye contact and smile or otherwise acknowledge their existence. This really creeped out a friend of mine from NJ, who felt it was an invasion of her personal space. one day she was walking down the street in Mpls and didn't acknowledge a homeless woman, who then followed her down the street cursing at her. Having this woman curse at her made my friend feel better."

Having lived in St.Paul/Minneapolis and other areas of Minnesota for 15 years, I can say there is no more than fleeting substantiations if any regarding the above comments about the people within that region of the US.
Frankly006
Freshman Poster

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation