Will N. Dowd Meets PAL Flight Attendants in Canada

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Will N. Dowd Meets PAL Flight Attendants in Canada

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I had a chance encounter recently with 2 Philippine Air Lines flight attendants on public transit. In a city of about 2 million, that's a 1 in a million chance! I was standing behind the 2 fairly tall Asian gals on the subway and one of them had looked over at me on the platform and smiled sweetly and then did it again on the train twice. I smiled back and asked them what language they were speaking. Tagalog they said, and I asked if they were Filipinas living here, but they said they were flight attendants on a layover. We had a short friendly chat and I told them how I split my time between here and there for various reasons. One of them said she wanted to live here in Canada, while the other said she preferred home. The older "ate" was 30 something, the younger 20 something, both of them nice looking, with the younger, shorter one with the reddish hair that had smiled at me being my favorite of the two.

I was headed home, but they were going somewhere for dinner, and since they didn't have local numbers I asked for facebook, which they gave me, and then they left. This pair were upper class, westernized Filipinas from Makati that had reached the ultimate flight attendant status...overseas flights. They were getting what most Pinays can only dream of, getting paid to travel abroad without needing a foreign Man to get them there lol.

The younger one did seem to actually like me, from her glances and smiles, but since they were together the chance of getting her to hang with me was nil. I would have asked her to if she was alone. They never replied to the "nice to meet you" messages I sent them on FB, so I assume I will never hear from them again, but who knows I might see them on a future flight. I assume given the job and background they have high standards for Men, foreign or Pinoy. I told them I don't work, which I think made them think I'm poor when the opposite is true. FB said they were both single, but as we all know that means nothing, they might both be single Mums or anything else.

I wanted to chat them more and ask thow often they get hit on while they are working, I assume it must be one of the most annoying things about the job.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd Meets PAL Flight Attendants in Canada

Post by droid »

+1 Thanks for the honesty and not leaving it open, implying it was a double notch count like some chumps do

"I don't work, which I think made them think I'm poor when the opposite is true"

Haha that's when you have to 'dumb down' your resume

"They never replied to the "nice to meet you" messages I sent them on FB, so I assume I will never hear from them again,"

Getting FB means nothing. Love how you dismiss it, that's the way. It used to affect me.
May still get a dry "Hi" at some completely random point in time though.

"FB said they were both single, but as we all know that means nothing"

lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Flight attendants get hit on all the time. They have very hectic and stressful schedules, and have to deal with a lot of unusual sleep patterns.

Even if you get a flight attendant girlfriend, how are you supposed to fit into her busy schedule?

There are plenty of other women out there whose schedules are better able to fit yours.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I think a cute Asian flight attendant would be ideal as a FWB while they are in town.That way you can get what you want and have time alone while they are away.