Top 10 Reasons Not To Move To Portland, Oregon

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Top 10 Reasons Not To Move To Portland, Oregon

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some good reasons not to move to Portland, Oregon.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Slick
Freshman Poster

Re: Top 10 Reasons Not To Move To Portland, Oregon

Post by Slick »

Portland (and the Seattle area) is a liberal infested dump. A huge reason why I will never move there.
kairosan117
Freshman Poster

Post by kairosan117 »

All I could tell you is alot of hipsters live out there. But Of course, this is n't a place I wouldn't go.
Horrible place and not to mention, the dating scene has to suck hard!
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Portland sucks for social vibe. People there ignore everyone as though no one exists. But the cost of living is cheaper there than most of the US and houses are cheaper too.

If you want low cost living in the US I'd recommend New Mexico instead. It has a nicer vibe and friendlier people and dry open air and desert, which feels good.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Also you could join the Northwest Front, fight an asymmetrical guerrilla war to expel the evil Washington regime and lesser races and found a homeland for white people in the Pacific Northwest.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:Also you could join the Northwest Front, fight an asymmetrical guerrilla war to expel the evil Washington regime and lesser races and found a homeland for white people in the Pacific Northwest.
Thats a losing futile battle. Much easier to just leave and go overseas. Besides, the Pacific Northwest is predominantly white anyway. Its nothing like California. Minorities dont like cold, wet, rainy weather.

You cant change the system but you can buy a plane ticket. Racism is not a problem in the pacific northwest. People are way too PC there to discriminate. Being antisocial is the main problem there.

Btw eastern europe does not have the immigration problem. My friend from Latvia says there arent any Syrian refugees or any of that crap there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Portland sucks for social vibe. People there ignore everyone as though no one exists. But the cost of living is cheaper there than most of the US and houses are cheaper too.

If you want low cost living in the US I'd recommend New Mexico instead. It has a nicer vibe and friendlier people and dry open air and desert, which feels good.
The video just said the cost to rent a 3-BR house in Portland is $500/mo higher than the national average. Is he wrong? New Mexico? Just drop the "New." There's virtually no anglo culture left there at all.

Yeah, Portland's not enticing for a number of reasons, but as to the rain, 45 inches a year is not a lot compared to places like New Orleans or Mobile. That means you have a lot of drizzly days where you can go outside and there are negative ions in the air that feel good. Too much cloud cover over the course of a year, no doubt, but summers are sunny and sublime.

Cornfed, Spokane and surrounds are where you want to go for the white nationalism. It's a city that has a lot to offer.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I don't know about Portland, but Oregon has low housing prices all over the state. That's well known.

Spokane, WA is the most boring place imaginable, along with Blaine, WA. When I was there, I was like WTF? It isn't even a city or town. It looked like a ghost town with one block. You just drive one block and over the bridge and it's gone, you're out of Spokane. WTF? I thought it was a major town?

There were hardly any people outside so it looked abandoned. I was wondering if it was in the Twilight Zone or something, looked like one of those abandoned towns in a Twilight Zone episode. lol. Or maybe I was there at a bad time. But it was very weird. And the vibe was very sterile and paralyzing, as if it were a sin to be alive or to be human. Very weird. I don't know how to describe it. Reminds me of the vibe in Taiwan and Japan, as if the aura there is telling you to not be alive and not be human and not talk to anyone. Very creepy.

I've always wondered what Eastern Oregon was like though. Never heard much about it other than that it was flat and not foresty like Western Oregon is. When you drive on Interstate 5, it goes through Western Oregon only and you see forests and trees everywhere. Nice but the greenery is overkill. Too much of anything is overkill.

One place that has a nice vibe though is Mount Shasta, which is on the border of Oregon and California. Also the coastal area on the Oregon coast is pretty too. Great for couples. But if you're alone it can feel lonely yet lovely. Good for contemplation and introspection though.

The NW is beautiful nature wise though, but the people suck and aren't friendly, only polite. Yet they think friendliness means politeness, like Taiwanese do. They should look up a dictionary sometime, because those words don't mean the same thing.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Interesting to get your impressions of Spokane. I've never been, but it looks good on paper. It's a city of 250,000 that is supposedly doing the usual downtown revitalization, so it's surprising it gives off a "no there there" vibe.

Eastern Oregon is desert. Bend is a very nice town at the edge of the mountains before the desert begins (though it's a pretty trendy resort area, so the human vibe likely not the best -- insulated money).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maybe the road i was on didnt go through the heart of spokane? Only the outskirts of it? I should check google images and see if spokane looks like what i remember.

So eastern oregon has no attractions? No pretty nature? Kind of like texas?

What about Idaho? Isnt it a conservative area with traditional values like old fashioned america? Lol. With barns and tractors and country western dancing and rodeos? Lol

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Maybe the road i was on didnt go through the heart of spokane? Only the outskirts of it? I should check google images and see if spokane looks like what i remember.

What about Idaho? Isnt it a conservative area with traditional values like old fashioned america? Lol. With barns and tractors and country western dancing and rodeos? Lol
I think eastern Oregon is just kind of an extension of Nevada (starting several miles east of Reno) -- just a lot of nothing. But I haven't been east of Bend. Haven't been to Idaho either, but it has lots of pretty country, and is a destination of choice for those who mourn the passing of the 1950s.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Winston wrote:
I've been to eastern Oregon a lot when I was younger because I have family there, all of whom are on my mom's side; I also have one aunt in Walla Walla, Washington.

Anyways, eastern Oregon does have plenty of attractions like Wallowa Lake and Hell's Canyon (I recommend visiting those places), but the western part of the state I think has more attractions. I could be wrong though.
I can't speak for Idaho as I haven't really been there except the Boise airport (I twice flew to eastern Oregon).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok i went to google images. It turns out i was right. Spokane is very small, like a small town. Not a significant city or town. See below.

Map of spokane.

As you can see below, its just one downtown street and then one bridge and youre out of spokane. Just as i remember. Also as you can see there are hardly any people. Its like a ghost town. Lol. Doesnt it look so boring? Lol

Ted333
Freshman Poster

Post by Ted333 »

Winston wrote:
October 28th, 2017, 6:08 pm
Cornfed wrote:Also you could join the Northwest Front, fight an asymmetrical guerrilla war to expel the evil Washington regime and lesser races and found a homeland for white people in the Pacific Northwest.
Thats a losing futile battle. Much easier to just leave and go overseas. Besides, the Pacific Northwest is predominantly white anyway. Its nothing like California. Minorities dont like cold, wet, rainy weather.

You cant change the system but you can buy a plane ticket. Racism is not a problem in the pacific northwest. People are way too PC there to discriminate. Being antisocial is the main problem there.

Btw eastern europe does not have the immigration problem. My friend from Latvia says there arent any Syrian refugees or any of that crap there.
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: My black ass sure as hell don't..i'll be honest...IF i have to stay in or near the US, Baja California looks nice.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Portland, Oregon really is turning into a shit hole! :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."