Do Filipinos Hang out with Foreigners Abroad?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Do Filipinos Hang out with Foreigners Abroad?

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm in Canada now for the spring and summer here and will fly back to the Philippines for Canadian fall and winter. This is called being a snowbird here, as many bird species fly far south from here for the fall and winter. In my case I fly very far southeast.

Anyways, on to the subject of my title. When I'm in Canada I often see Filipinos when I go out in public. They are now the biggest immigrants in Canada and have taken over from the Chinese and Indians. I see them shopping, on public transit, and many work together at restaurants and stores like wal-mart. Some fast food restaurants in Canada like Tim Horton's even seem to have 100% Filipino staff.

The thing that I notice is they are always together and I never see them with other races. It's always groups of Filipinos speaking Tagalog/Bisaya with each other. I can't remember ever seeing them with a non Filipino in the group. So they hang out together when not working, and when they do work they even prefer to work with other Filipinos. My Brother worked in Hong Kong and told me the Filipina nannies used to hang out together in huge groups on Sundays in specific places. The only place I really see them with foreigners is in the Philippines, where they usually use them for money and a plane ticket abroad, where they then ditch them so they can hang out with the local Filipinos there. Do other HA members see Filipinos hanging out with foreigners abroad? I only see Filipinos with other Filipinos in Canada. I'm assuming it's the same elsewhere.

Even the dating sites in Canada have a very small number of Filipinas on them when I used them. Why? They are abroad and got what they wanted, so then they just marry another local Filipino immigrant, and spend the rest their lives with other Filipinos. Non Filipinos are then limited to co-workers.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do Filipinos Hang out with Foreigners Abroad?

Post by Winston »

That's the way people are, even in churches. They prefer their own race. Even in Philippines I do not see Filipinos and foreigners hanging out together. Especially middle class Filipinos. Only the poorest Filipino girls with foreign sugar daddies are what you see in public. I'm sure you know that. Only if they are coworkers do they hang out together. However, some Filipinos are nice and sweet in the US if they are FOB.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne