Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Mobile Theme       Dark Theme


America is done and is sinking

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
HappyGuy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 440
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by HappyGuy » December 29th, 2019, 9:02 pm

@cheesesweat that's not true Hispanic families who settle in America are not happy or wholesome it seems like the only reason they live together or even speak to each other is because they wouldn't be able to afford rent otherwise. It puzzles me why South Americans are so eager to come to America and bring their whole families if it will destroy the whole unit in just a few years.
"Happier abroad" you say ? :lol: Only true men find happiness




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7624
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by Cornfed » December 29th, 2019, 9:32 pm

HappyGuy wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 9:02 pm
It puzzles me why South Americans are so eager to come to America and bring their whole families if it will destroy the whole unit in just a few years.
Because they are stupid and short sighted.

cheesesweat
Freshman Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: July 21st, 2019, 11:44 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by cheesesweat » December 29th, 2019, 10:06 pm

HappyGuy wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 9:02 pm
@cheesesweat that's not true Hispanic families who settle in America are not happy or wholesome it seems like the only reason they live together or even speak to each other is because they wouldn't be able to afford rent otherwise. It puzzles me why South Americans are so eager to come to America and bring their whole families if it will destroy the whole unit in just a few years.
It could be that America attracts the most degenerate people of those countries.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2604
Joined: April 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » December 30th, 2019, 2:07 am

cheesesweat wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 8:53 pm
E Irizarry Family is destroyed in America. It’s a freaking joke now. I think Canada, Australia much of Western Europe are also not far behind. Asia and Latin America have strong families. Even when they come to this toxic American culture they still remain strong as a family unit most of the time. Just one reason out of thousands why I’d love to gtfo of here.
Continuing the yellow box tradicion of "mmmmm hmmm #neckroll #tootsie roll b.itch.....dazz wazzup! What you not gonna do is tell me what to do, bruh" "For reals, mayne".
@HappyGuy eat your heart out, papacinho. rsrsrsrsrs Too funny.
I know HappyGuy is like, "Fvcking n***er" yeah yeah yeah words typed on Android phones can't break my bones so it's okay. ;-)
Anyway, @cheesesweat, yes if my family stayed in Brasil, the legacy would have continued. I think immigration ruined our legacy em serio.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2604
Joined: April 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » December 30th, 2019, 2:09 am

HappyGuy wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 9:02 pm
@cheesesweat that's not true Hispanic families who settle in America are not happy or wholesome it seems like the only reason they live together or even speak to each other is because they wouldn't be able to afford rent otherwise. It puzzles me why South Americans are so eager to come to America and bring their whole families if it will destroy the whole unit in just a few years.
Ironically I read this post after I posted my last post. I couldn't agree any more than what you stated here.

cheesesweat
Freshman Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: July 21st, 2019, 11:44 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by cheesesweat » December 30th, 2019, 4:11 pm

fschmidt wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 12:55 am
Americans have become scum, so they deserve to suffer.
Totally agree. I’d like to see the cities suffer the most.

User avatar
HappyGuy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 440
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by HappyGuy » January 6th, 2020, 3:17 am

cheesesweat wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 4:11 pm
fschmidt wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 12:55 am
Americans have become scum, so they deserve to suffer.
Totally agree. I’d like to see the cities suffer the most.
I'm not sure you want that judging on what has already happened. If rent had been made more affordable they would have stayed in NYC and Chicago and LA and not ruined other parts of the country. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41688
"Happier abroad" you say ? :lol: Only true men find happiness

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8836
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 10:45 am
Location: USA

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by jamesbond » January 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm

The only people moving to America are poor people from third world countries. You don't even find poor people from first world countries moving here. For example, poor people from Canada are not moving to America. Neither are poor people from Australia or the UK or Germany moving to the US.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
HappyGuy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 440
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by HappyGuy » January 28th, 2020, 2:32 pm

jamesbond wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
You don't even find poor people from first world countries moving here. For example, poor people from Canada are not moving to America.
Why not? :idea:

DETROIT: BURGER KING, WENDY'S, TACO BELL, POPEYES, METRO PCS
"Happier abroad" you say ? :lol: Only true men find happiness

User avatar
Shemp
Junior Poster
Posts: 962
Joined: November 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by Shemp » January 28th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Here is real proof of America's decline. Men are expected to pay for this:

User avatar
hypermak
Freshman Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: October 20th, 2019, 12:17 am

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by hypermak » January 28th, 2020, 7:29 pm

jamesbond wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
The only people moving to America are poor people from third world countries. You don't even find poor people from first world countries moving here. For example, poor people from Canada are not moving to America. Neither are poor people from Australia or the UK or Germany moving to the US.
I had an interesting chat with some Filipino middle managers of the resort I work at. Three out of four would love to move to the US and it's because of the "opportunities". They all know that, with what they will get paid over there, their lifestyle will be negatively affected, not positively.

Still, they keep mentioning this vague concept of opportunities. When I asked them what kind of opportunities they were referring to, the best answer one of them gave me was "we will see them when we get there".

I think some "poor" countries, perhaps those traditionally closer to the US sphere of cultural influence, still have this mentality of the US as the "land of opportunities". I don't think ignorance, blissful or not, is to blame. Like everybody, these people need dreams to hang on to. It's easier for them to dream of achieving success in some coveted, gold-dust-sprinkled country afar than their own place.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2410
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 7:08 am
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by gsjackson » January 28th, 2020, 8:41 pm

hypermak wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 7:29 pm
jamesbond wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
The only people moving to America are poor people from third world countries. You don't even find poor people from first world countries moving here. For example, poor people from Canada are not moving to America. Neither are poor people from Australia or the UK or Germany moving to the US.
I had an interesting chat with some Filipino middle managers of the resort I work at. Three out of four would love to move to the US and it's because of the "opportunities". They all know that, with what they will get paid over there, their lifestyle will be negatively affected, not positively.

Still, they keep mentioning this vague concept of opportunities. When I asked them what kind of opportunities they were referring to, the best answer one of them gave me was "we will see them when we get there".

I think some "poor" countries, perhaps those traditionally closer to the US sphere of cultural influence, still have this mentality of the US as the "land of opportunities". I don't think ignorance, blissful or not, is to blame. Like everybody, these people need dreams to hang on to. It's easier for them to dream of achieving success in some coveted, gold-dust-sprinkled country afar than their own place.
Good points. Hypermak, you don't sound like a millennial chef-in-training. You sound like an early middle-age, highly educated, cosmopolitan financier/entrepreneur.

User avatar
hypermak
Freshman Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: October 20th, 2019, 12:17 am

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by hypermak » January 29th, 2020, 12:44 am

gsjackson wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Good points. Hypermak, you don't sound like a millennial chef-in-training. You sound like an early middle-age, highly educated, cosmopolitan financier/entrepreneur.
Thanks GS Jackson. I am 31, a borderline Millennial I guess. And I am a sous, one level below the Exec chef. I have been living in different parts of the world and I like to observe, a lot, before I get an opinion.

I am not happy that the US is a falling empire. If you loom at my industry, about 60% of the new jobs created in the US since Obama has been in food & drink, but that's not necessarily something to be happy about. Look closely and you see that it's mostly minimum wage jobs for baristas and franchise/commissary kitchen staff. A good sous chef like me in the US makes a 6-figure salary. Yet virtually all of the sous chef positions I could find were in the Middle East and Asia.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2410
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 7:08 am
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by gsjackson » January 29th, 2020, 3:06 am

hypermak wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 12:44 am
gsjackson wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Good points. Hypermak, you don't sound like a millennial chef-in-training. You sound like an early middle-age, highly educated, cosmopolitan financier/entrepreneur.
Thanks GS Jackson. I am 31, a borderline Millennial I guess. And I am a sous, one level below the Exec chef. I have been living in different parts of the world and I like to observe, a lot, before I get an opinion.

I am not happy that the US is a falling empire. If you loom at my industry, about 60% of the new jobs created in the US since Obama has been in food & drink, but that's not necessarily something to be happy about. Look closely and you see that it's mostly minimum wage jobs for baristas and franchise/commissary kitchen staff. A good sous chef like me in the US makes a 6-figure salary. Yet virtually all of the sous chef positions I could find were in the Middle East and Asia.
Oh, OK. I thought you were a particular early middle-age, highly educated, cosmopolitan financier/entrepreneur from Italy known well to some of us here. Some Italians sure can develop a fine prose style in their second language. In the case of this other one he honed it over years spent in the UK. In any event, a belated welcome to the forum and best of luck with the profession.

User avatar
hypermak
Freshman Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: October 20th, 2019, 12:17 am

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by hypermak » January 29th, 2020, 11:35 pm

gsjackson wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 3:06 am
Oh, OK. I thought you were a particular early middle-age, highly educated, cosmopolitan financier/entrepreneur from Italy known well to some of us here. Some Italians sure can develop a fine prose style in their second language. In the case of this other one he honed it over years spent in the UK. In any event, a belated welcome to the forum and best of luck with the profession.
I don't know about this particular Italian, but I have been speaking and writing in English since I was 17. Including the Philippines, this is my 12th year in a country where English is the first or second official language. Perhaps my "honed prose" doesn't fit the stereotype of the young, kitchen-bound chef because, no arrogance here, I am not one. Or, at least, I haven't been one for more than 10 years.

Executive chefs are possibly some of the most elusive professionals, as they are rarely seen outside a kitchen or a restaurant office, unless they are of the "celeb chef" mould, and are rarely known beyond their flavour-shaping, meal-crafting skills...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”