Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Where are the friendliest places in America?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » May 16th, 2009, 6:06 pm

icarus wrote: Yeah but you're in Orange county where it's an all blond-haired German descent population. (except maybe a few scattered Vietnamese in 714) :?
We have some pretty well mixed cities in OC:

City of Santa Ana: 79.6% Hispanic/Latino
City of Anaheim: 46.76% Hispanic/Latino (for those who don't know, Disneyland is in Anaheim)
City oif Westminster: 38% Asian, 21.7% Hispanic/Latino
City of Garden Grove: 30.92% Asian, 32.45% Hispanic/Latino
City of San Juan Capistrano: 43% Hispanic/Latino
etc.

I'm in Irvine and we're about 30% Asian as of last demographic survey. Garden Grove and Buena Park have many Koreans, Westminster and many Vietnamese, and Irvine has the largest ethnic Chinese population in OC.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25914
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » May 16th, 2009, 7:22 pm

icarus wrote: Well at least you're admitting your unsophistication here. Strange that you go by what's on tv to judge other places in your own country rather but then loudly proclaim how the media misleads us regarding other countries halfway across the globe.
W: No you are reading more into it than it is. I never claimed that I wasn't sophisticated. Those are the kind of leaps and jumps that bashers sometimes make but don't make sense and don't connect.

I was NOT declaring that what I saw on TV about Texas was true. I was ASKING about it. I was checking with Momopi to see if it was true or not. It was a simple verification process.

Dude, when you have never been to a place, do you make declarations and act like an authority on it, or do you ASK QUESTIONS about it? I do the latter, and that's what reasonable people do too. When you don't know something, you ask questions. For example, if I've never been to the Middle East and Ladislav has, then I ask him if it's as dangerous as the media portrays it, or not. It's just a simple question. You reading too much into it.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

icarus
Freshman Poster
Posts: 123
Joined: March 20th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Post by icarus » May 16th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Vinstonas wrote:
icarus wrote: Well at least you're admitting your unsophistication here. Strange that you go by what's on tv to judge other places in your own country rather but then loudly proclaim how the media misleads us regarding other countries halfway across the globe.
W: No you are reading more into it than it is. I never claimed that I wasn't sophisticated. Those are the kind of leaps and jumps that bashers sometimes make but don't make sense and don't connect.

I was NOT declaring that what I saw on TV about Texas was true. I was ASKING about it. I was checking with Momopi to see if it was true or not. It was a simple verification process.

Dude, when you have never been to a place, do you make declarations and act like an authority on it, or do you ASK QUESTIONS about it? I do the latter, and that's what reasonable people do too. When you don't know something, you ask questions. For example, if I've never been to the Middle East and Ladislav has, then I ask him if it's as dangerous as the media portrays it, or not. It's just a simple question. You reading too much into it.
Maybe so, but it was the way you asked the questions that irked me. Cowboy hats? How do they treat Asians? (as if you're half-way expecting something bad)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2199
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Re: Where are the friendliest places in America?

Post by NorthAmericanguy » November 12th, 2010, 6:23 am

jamesbond wrote:Have any of you guys had good luck meeting women in certain parts of the country than others? How about what cities have been more favorable to meeting women? I read San Antonio and Nashville were rated the friendliest cities in America recently by a survey that was done. I know the pacific northwest is a horrible place to meet women from what other people have said. I also know LA and New York city are not friendly places either. Anybody know of any friendly cities or areas where friendly people and friendly women can be found?
Well, for me I found that women in the West coast are more friendly. It's hot all year around over there, the people are more liberal, and it's a fast life on the west coast. Even the high end women are pretty cool say in places like Newport Beach, Crystal cove, Ca.

But here on the East, the women are mean, cold, stuck up and people really don't talk much to others because of the cold.

Mr S
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2398
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Post by Mr S » November 13th, 2010, 10:18 am

After returning to New England for a bit from the Philippines, I have determined that I could probably date reasonably easy if I was half-way decent looking and had a relatively middle class or above life style. Now, of course it would be difficult to find ideal dating experiences as most woman are out of shape and difficult to deal with on a daily basis, but I'm sure there must be a minority out there.

East coast people are different from West coast. Eastern men and women are more confrontational and vocal, but if you know how to communicate their style then you shouldn't have any issues dealing with them. I think people from the west coast find it difficult to deal with them because of the cultural differences. I personally have lived on both coasts and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the west coast or peoples general attitude there, very fake for the most part. East coasters may get annoying but they generally keep it real, unlike west coast, which just says what you think they think you want to hear.

I'm still not advocating dating American women, I'm just saying if I was forced to move back I don't think I would be totally shoved out of the dating pool as long as I came to the table with something to offer the other person. But I'm not moving back anytime soon so the point is mostly mute.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2199
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Post by NorthAmericanguy » November 13th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Mr S wrote:After returning to New England for a bit from the Philippines, I have determined that I could probably date reasonably easy if I was half-way decent looking and had a relatively middle class or above life style. Now, of course it would be difficult to find ideal dating experiences as most woman are out of shape and difficult to deal with on a daily basis, but I'm sure there must be a minority out there.

East coast people are different from West coast. Eastern men and women are more confrontational and vocal, but if you know how to communicate their style then you shouldn't have any issues dealing with them. I think people from the west coast find it difficult to deal with them because of the cultural differences. I personally have lived on both coasts and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the west coast or peoples general attitude there, very fake for the most part. East coasters may get annoying but they generally keep it real, unlike west coast, which just says what you think they think you want to hear.

I'm still not advocating dating American women, I'm just saying if I was forced to move back I don't think I would be totally shoved out of the dating pool as long as I came to the table with something to offer the other person. But I'm not moving back anytime soon so the point is mostly mute.

Yes, I agree 100%. West coast people are fake. But for me, I realized that I rather be around people who appear to be positive and people who appear to be friendly, in my day to day life, then be around people who can't crack a smile to save their life and are somewhat rude and standoffish unless they really know you.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » November 13th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Mr S wrote:After returning to New England for a bit from the Philippines, I have determined that I could probably date reasonably easy if I was half-way decent looking and had a relatively middle class or above life style. Now, of course it would be difficult to find ideal dating experiences as most woman are out of shape and difficult to deal with on a daily basis, but I'm sure there must be a minority out there.

East coast people are different from West coast. Eastern men and women are more confrontational and vocal, but if you know how to communicate their style then you shouldn't have any issues dealing with them. I think people from the west coast find it difficult to deal with them because of the cultural differences. I personally have lived on both coasts and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the west coast or peoples general attitude there, very fake for the most part. East coasters may get annoying but they generally keep it real, unlike west coast, which just says what you think they think you want to hear.

I'm still not advocating dating American women, I'm just saying if I was forced to move back I don't think I would be totally shoved out of the dating pool as long as I came to the table with something to offer the other person. But I'm not moving back anytime soon so the point is mostly mute.
I CO-SIGN HERE! (i.e. I concur!)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8234
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » November 13th, 2010, 5:27 pm

I have often heard that the southern states have the friendliest people in the US. However, the women in the south tend to get married early, either right of high school or college. So they are pretty much spoken for by their early to mid twenties.

Whenever I have visited the south, (Oklahoma, Tenn. Kentucy, Georigia, North Carolina) I have noticed the women are more genuine and friendly as opposed to the women where I live. :shock:

Mr S
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2398
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Post by Mr S » November 14th, 2010, 6:36 am

Yeah, Southerners are probably the easiest to talk to, although I'm not sure if they are the brightest overall. I spent some time in Tennessee and it was like another world in comparison to the east or west coast. I'd only want to live there if I wanted to be a recluse or a bible banger. I think the men and women over there do get into relationships early and get married so it probably would be difficult to date if your over 30 unless your living in one of the major cities.

If your not a Christian living down there, things would become annoying. There is literally like a church every block and difficult to buy alcohol in many places. But what's funny is when you drive down the street you get waved at by people in their front yards or porches or in a vehicle passing by you. So in some respects its nice in others not so much.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » November 14th, 2010, 8:44 am

@Mr S,

Tex-ass sucks a powerful mean cock. Too much coonery/Uncle Toms there as well as too many southern bigots. NO thankx.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2458
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Post by fschmidt » November 14th, 2010, 5:43 pm

I lived in San Antonio. The people are reasonably friendly, but are dumb and ugly. The women are fat. Right now I live in El Paso which is culturally more Mexican than America, and so I can tolerate it. I think people are friendlier here than in San Antonio, and the women look reasonable, which doesn't affect me since I am married. For someone looking for girlfriend, El Paso would be a good choice since there are many Mexican women here, and I mean culturally Mexican, not Mexican-American which is the worst of both cultures.
Support morality, support Islam.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » November 15th, 2010, 4:16 am

fschmidt wrote:I lived in San Antonio. The people are reasonably friendly, but are dumb and ugly. The women are fat. Right now I live in El Paso which is culturally more Mexican than America, and so I can tolerate it. I think people are friendlier here than in San Antonio, and the women look reasonable, which doesn't affect me since I am married. For someone looking for girlfriend, El Paso would be a good choice since there are many Mexican women here, and I mean culturally Mexican, not Mexican-American which is the worst of both cultures.
Better than Santiago, CHile eh? LMAO!!!! LOL!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

Think Different
Junior Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: April 8th, 2010, 5:28 am
Location: Germany

Post by Think Different » November 15th, 2010, 5:21 am

gmm567 wrote:Yea, I've heard Texas is a very friendly place, and I mean that in the way that Winston uses the term friendly. It's not just about saying hi how are you;but about a willingness to spend time with you to get to know you. The texans are more inclusive,and they get to know their neighbors.

I've know texans here in Colorado, and they confirm that Texas is much , much more friendlier than colorado. One guy I met told me he even had a culture shock coming to Colorado. He just hated how people treat each other. It's interesting...... he is one of the sensitive arts type;but I've heard the same thing from many other texans.
I'm currently in Colorado and I find the people VERY nice, but I'm originally from Washington, DC, where everyone thinks their sh!t smells great. So, perspective is everything. The first question anyone in DC will ask upon meeting a new person is, "what do you do", as if your job/income is the only "important" thing about you. I hated the place and couldn't wait to get out.

rome86
Freshman Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Post by rome86 » November 16th, 2010, 12:36 am

RedDog wrote:
gmm567 wrote:Yea, I've heard Texas is a very friendly place, and I mean that in the way that Winston uses the term friendly. It's not just about saying hi how are you;but about a willingness to spend time with you to get to know you. The texans are more inclusive,and they get to know their neighbors.

I've know texans here in Colorado, and they confirm that Texas is much , much more friendlier than colorado. One guy I met told me he even had a culture shock coming to Colorado. He just hated how people treat each other. It's interesting...... he is one of the sensitive arts type;but I've heard the same thing from many other texans.
I'm currently in Colorado and I find the people VERY nice, but I'm originally from Washington, DC, where everyone thinks their sh!t smells great. So, perspective is everything. The first question anyone in DC will ask upon meeting a new person is, "what do you do", as if your job/income is the only "important" thing about you. I hated the place and couldn't wait to get out.
reddog
you are totally right about that, I live in DC/Maryland i hate this place man .. all they think about here is money , the people here are so stressed, cold, materialistic and on on... there is no social contact among the people here ..man this place sucks... after my degree i want to move to quebec and i am never coming back to this place.
hello

pete98146
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1130
Joined: June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Post by pete98146 » November 16th, 2010, 1:11 am

I'm an Air Force brat so I've lived in numerous areas of the country. Usually, the farther north you go, the less friendly the people become. Also, the higher the education level acheived per city, the more they'll be conceited. Last but not least, pick a city that has more women than men if possible.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”