Why San Francisco's dating scene totally sucks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Re: Why San Francisco's dating scene totally sucks

Post by Bane »

It's funny…. I lived in China for many years. I was stationed in several cities with my job, and it seemed like, despite all the talk of aborting baby girls and the lopsided gender ratio, the split in these particular cities seemed pretty even to me. Perhaps the gender ratio issue is mostly felt in other cities… or more likely the countryside, where old beliefs continue to prevail. I would actually say that in these cities, the ratios are better than the majority of American cities, even with the national ratio being so lopsided. This is especially true when you consider there are hordes more overweight and unattractive women in the US. It brings the "dateable" ratio to levels that are much worse than that in China.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Ghost wrote:
Banano wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote: Interesting premise. It helps explain the behaviour of women in the Philippines where there is more women than men.

Sources plz
Your eyes, if you've ever been there.

Ghost

You been hanging around Fields Av a bit too much so im not surprised by your remarks:lol: . Away from tittie bars ratio is not as good

Quick google search will tell you that there is more males than females in pretty much any country in the world including PH, its only after 50-60 years of age that females start outnumbering males and Ill assume most expats wouldnt be interested in those women

M:F ratios are always around 50:50 or 51:49 so it cant be the reason you cant get paired up with a girl back home.
I did extensive research on my suburb and surrounding suburbs and it shows that its pretty balanced, if you filter results by age group and sex you will see almost perfect balance unless you wanna blame Jews for deliberately manipulating official data :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

There's another reason to avoid California like the plague.

California also has earthquakes. Unlike hurricanes and even tornadoes, earthquakes always strike with absolute zero warning. And San Francisco is no exception. Even as close to the 1989 Loma Prieta quake as a week before, even modern technology could never have allowed an earthquake warning to be issued, even stating something like; "The USGS has issued an Earthquake Warning for the San Francisco Metro area. At 3:00 pm local time, an area of the San Andreas Fault was reportedly snagged under the metro area and will likely snap on October 17th."

And certainly no future technology could have predicted that "an earthquake will strike the Loma Prieta district on October 17th, 1989, at precisely 5:04 pm." Only a time traveller could have issued that kind of warning.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

traveller wrote:There's another reason to avoid California like the plague.

California also has earthquakes
California might have large earthquakes but they're few and far in between. California frequently gets wildfires and rarely gets earthquakes. You'll have a higher chance of your house getting burned down by a wildfire than swallowed up in an earthquake.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:
jtest28 wrote:Finally, someone other than me pointed out the psychological factor of a lopsided gender ratio!

The way I have been describing it, for those who are curios, is if you grabbed 100 young people off the street at random and put them in a big auditorium, you would have lets say 55% male and 45% female. Most people would say that gender ratio was about 50/50. But the singles ratio is WAY off! Let me explain, say 35 of those women started dating 35 of the men in that auditorium. You would have 10 women left and 20 men left. But now those 10 women see that there's twice as many single men as single women, so they get so much attention from the men, that they now don't even need a boyfriend. The remaining 10 women are now happy, as they have men fighting over them. So 100% of the women are either in a relationship, or know they could very easily get into one and are happy and feel wanted, and over 1/3rd, or 20 out of 55 men stay lonely and feel rejected ll the time.
Awesome jtest and 100% true! In the US single men outnumber single women by one million in the 20 to 34 age group! Also to add to single mens misery, get this; IN EVERY CITY IN THE US OF 50,000 PEOPLE OR MORE, SINGLE MEN OUTNUMBER SINGLE WOMEN IN THE 20 TO 39 AGE GROUP! Holy dog shit, what a horrible dating scene for men in America! It's only in the age group of single people 40 and up that single women start to outnumber single men in America. But who the hell wants to date women who are in their 40's or older? I am in my late 30's and I prefer women who are in their 20's. Add to this fact that America has the highest rate of overweight people in the world (50% of Americans are overweight) and you have a dating nightmare for men!
Great points Jamesbond and I agree with you 100%!!!
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

It's certainly no wonder there is such a vast amount of suicides at the Golden Gate Bridge! The main root cause of suicide is depression. And in America, the main cause of depression is America's own toxic, soulless, aggressive, venomous, hateful culture and trashy people! Not to mention all the lesbians that have made it so there are up to ten thousand single, non-gay guys to every one non-lesbian woman!
re85with
Freshman Poster

Post by re85with »

In an American city like San Francisco, the men outnumber the women.

In a foreign city like Barranquilla, Colombia or Kiev, Ukraine, the women outnumber the men.

Either way, something is definitely wrong with this.

This mess is one of the reasons why I have created "Foreign Love Web" blog.

If my blog post(s) can encourage more men to go overseas and meet foreign women for dating, marriage, etc., then everyone would be happy, complete, and freed from remaining single or being deprived of sex.
Please visit my and Elizabeth's YouTube channel "Foreign Chat Web" and subscribe, like, dislike, comment, share videos with others, etc. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PAG thinks San Francisco sucks too. Why doesn't he post these kind of articles here in the forum? Here he acts like he can get girls anywhere and doesn't mention that anywhere sucks. But he does on his own site. Why? If another guy wrote this, then he ought to join this forum. He sounds like one of us. lol

https://culturewhiz.org/trip-reports/sa ... less-place

The San Francisco Bay Area Is A Boring Soulless Place

The San Francisco Bay Area is kinda like a pricey retirement home for boring people. It’s really a soulless place with overpriced mediocre food, terrible drivers and chain stores for as far as the eye can see. There’s also a real distance between people in the bay area. Simply put, people don’t want to connect. They just meet for convenience and then go their own way and you are expected to do the same. People in the San Francisco Bay Area have to work long hours so they’re always stressed out and not interested in socializing. Berkeley in particular seems like, not only is everybody kind of doing their own thing (ignoring one another) but pretending to be so open and forward thinking. Atleast on the East Coast people don’t pretend to be open and friendly. In the San Francisco Bay Area, it’s a real “You live your life and I’ll live mine, and we’ll just ignore each other” sort of culture.. with work and consumerism being the only constants.

I would say most of the students in the San Francisco Bay Area are tools. The Asian students are VERY conformist and square. They totally live for work and achievements in career. That accurately sums up the main problem of Stanford University and Cal Berkeley. Hardly anyone at these schools have genuine academic interest, or intellect, even, and more or less slaves through years of University just to reach a career goal, which seldom strays from physician, lawyer, banker, programmer. They’re vocational schools: it’s all about working hard and jumping through hoops; learning happens only as an occasional side-effect. Try talking to undergrads and you’ll be surprised at how vapid they really are – remember that any idiot can memorize a biology textbook and spew it back up on an exam. Add to this general social ineptitude, and you can imagine what an interesting and enjoyable group of people you’ll find yourself amongst.

The SF Bay Area is probably the worse place in the US for dating. The women are unattractive and the men are service machines with little to no interest in the world around them. All the engineer, science, and scholar types that makeup the backbone of the bay area are super bland, lifeless, timid, risk-averse school nerds trained to pursue knowledge as if it were nut cracking — who sits cool in dusty rooms and if you were to seize them with your hands they would raise a cloud of dust like a flour bag, involuntarily. The geeks (majority of males) entire framework of existence relies on passivity and non-action (notice geeks never reciprocate questions?). Ask ’em what you should do when you’re out of options – and they’ll tell you to ask yourself not because that’s actually what they believe but because they don’t have any real answers.

It’s not that these geeks are bad guys or hopelessly handicapped. It’s that they’re socially immature because they haven’t put any time into their social development. They’ve hidden themselves behind computer screens since they were ten years old, limiting their interactions to people who were like them. And their parents and teachers allowed it because they felt sorry for them, wanted to shelter them from the rejection that came whenever they engaged with peers.

Now these people must keep in contact with official voices, internet, cell phones, entertainment and sallow friendships that turn over on a regularly basis. They cannot sit still without their minds wondering off, as they are poorly trained in art, philosophy, economics or anything that develops a person inter-life. Instead, they need contain novelty to feel alive.

Overall, the bay area doesn’t seem to have a culture of real openness. It has a distant, detached, ultra-individualist vibe and people don’t seem to be all that passionate about anything.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne