Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why San Francisco's dating scene totally sucks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why San Francisco's dating scene totally sucks

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Banano wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Interesting premise. It helps explain the behaviour of women in the Philippines where there is more women than men.

Sources plz

Your eyes, if you've ever been there.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Bane » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:34 pm

It's funny…. I lived in China for many years. I was stationed in several cities with my job, and it seemed like, despite all the talk of aborting baby girls and the lopsided gender ratio, the split in these particular cities seemed pretty even to me. Perhaps the gender ratio issue is mostly felt in other cities… or more likely the countryside, where old beliefs continue to prevail. I would actually say that in these cities, the ratios are better than the majority of American cities, even with the national ratio being so lopsided. This is especially true when you consider there are hordes more overweight and unattractive women in the US. It brings the "dateable" ratio to levels that are much worse than that in China.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby Banano » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:07 am

Ghost wrote:
Banano wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Interesting premise. It helps explain the behaviour of women in the Philippines where there is more women than men.

Sources plz

Your eyes, if you've ever been there.

Ghost

You been hanging around Fields Av a bit too much so im not surprised by your remarks:lol: . Away from tittie bars ratio is not as good

Quick google search will tell you that there is more males than females in pretty much any country in the world including PH, its only after 50-60 years of age that females start outnumbering males and Ill assume most expats wouldnt be interested in those women

M:F ratios are always around 50:50 or 51:49 so it cant be the reason you cant get paired up with a girl back home.
I did extensive research on my suburb and surrounding suburbs and it shows that its pretty balanced, if you filter results by age group and sex you will see almost perfect balance unless you wanna blame Jews for deliberately manipulating official data :lol:
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:50 am

Banano,

It's more complex than just looking at the numbers. Let's say we took 100 American women and 10 American guys, including me. The numbers are far to my advantage, but I will still lose out, probably not getting a single female. Why? If the society subsidizes womens' bad choices, they'll end up going for the Chad Thundercocks almost every time. Those 100 American women are going to all be going for the top one or two guys out of the 10.

When the government is not involved and subsidizing womens' bad choices and hypergamy, guys like me have a chance - a damn good one, even. This is why I can go to a country like China, where the numbers are skewed against men (overall, not in most cities as far as I know) and still meet plenty of nice, attractive girls without a problem. (Of course even as a mere teacher I make more than most locals, and being a white foreigner helps too.) But local guys also do well and many young guys have girlfriends. This society is not promiscuous in the mainstream, which is another factor. The vast majority of the girls don't get ruined before marriage, which furthers helps a man's chances here.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby traveller » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:27 pm

There's another reason to avoid California like the plague.

California also has earthquakes. Unlike hurricanes and even tornadoes, earthquakes always strike with absolute zero warning. And San Francisco is no exception. Even as close to the 1989 Loma Prieta quake as a week before, even modern technology could never have allowed an earthquake warning to be issued, even stating something like; "The USGS has issued an Earthquake Warning for the San Francisco Metro area. At 3:00 pm local time, an area of the San Andreas Fault was reportedly snagged under the metro area and will likely snap on October 17th."

And certainly no future technology could have predicted that "an earthquake will strike the Loma Prieta district on October 17th, 1989, at precisely 5:04 pm." Only a time traveller could have issued that kind of warning.
traveller
Freshman Poster

Postby Slick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:12 am

traveller wrote:There's another reason to avoid California like the plague.

California also has earthquakes

California might have large earthquakes but they're few and far in between. California frequently gets wildfires and rarely gets earthquakes. You'll have a higher chance of your house getting burned down by a wildfire than swallowed up in an earthquake.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Re:

Postby IraqVet2003 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:04 am

jamesbond wrote:
jtest28 wrote:Finally, someone other than me pointed out the psychological factor of a lopsided gender ratio!

The way I have been describing it, for those who are curios, is if you grabbed 100 young people off the street at random and put them in a big auditorium, you would have lets say 55% male and 45% female. Most people would say that gender ratio was about 50/50. But the singles ratio is WAY off! Let me explain, say 35 of those women started dating 35 of the men in that auditorium. You would have 10 women left and 20 men left. But now those 10 women see that there's twice as many single men as single women, so they get so much attention from the men, that they now don't even need a boyfriend. The remaining 10 women are now happy, as they have men fighting over them. So 100% of the women are either in a relationship, or know they could very easily get into one and are happy and feel wanted, and over 1/3rd, or 20 out of 55 men stay lonely and feel rejected ll the time.

Awesome jtest and 100% true! In the US single men outnumber single women by one million in the 20 to 34 age group! Also to add to single mens misery, get this; IN EVERY CITY IN THE US OF 50,000 PEOPLE OR MORE, SINGLE MEN OUTNUMBER SINGLE WOMEN IN THE 20 TO 39 AGE GROUP! Holy dog shit, what a horrible dating scene for men in America! It's only in the age group of single people 40 and up that single women start to outnumber single men in America. But who the hell wants to date women who are in their 40's or older? I am in my late 30's and I prefer women who are in their 20's. Add to this fact that America has the highest rate of overweight people in the world (50% of Americans are overweight) and you have a dating nightmare for men!

Great points Jamesbond and I agree with you 100%!!!
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby Mercury » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:53 am

It's certainly no wonder there is such a vast amount of suicides at the Golden Gate Bridge! The main root cause of suicide is depression. And in America, the main cause of depression is America's own toxic, soulless, aggressive, venomous, hateful culture and trashy people! Not to mention all the lesbians that have made it so there are up to ten thousand single, non-gay guys to every one non-lesbian woman!
Mercury
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to North America, Domestic Relocation