Are Southern women (belles) in the US really better?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Are Southern women (belles) in the US really better?

Post by miss_conduct »

Anybody know much about women in good ol' Dixie?

What I have observed: they are flirtatious more so than perhaps Yankee women, Southern women and ladies are some of the biggest flirts out there in recorded history:)

They seem to get an early start on marriage and childbearing, usually before they are 25, they also seem promiscous early on.

They hold to conservative Christian beliefs, but how much they practice is arguable.

Despite their friendliness, they do have an insincere side to them. As a matter of fact one of the worst things about Southern women is their insincerity.

Additional thoughts welcomed....
Be good, or be good at it.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

I have a friend who lives in Arkansas. He told me Southern women consists of two types: belles and rednecks. The belles tend to get snatched up pretty quickly by the time they're of college age, while the rednecks are pretty much what's left when you go to traditional pickup joints in the South. Needless to say, it's near impossible to get a Belle especially if you're a Yankee, and after dealing with nothing but redneck singles, a lot of single men will come away with a justifiably bad impression of Southern women.

I've befriended a few of these rednecks too. Ugly wouldn't begin to describe them, in fact if they tried out to play the role of the creature in Alien, they wouldn't even need a costume.

One Alabama girl was tattooed all over and admitted to popping Paxil, Xanax and a few other drugs. Another was a lumbering land whale from Tennessee who cursed like a drunken sailor and liked to flash truckers in her spare time. And it just goes on and on like this. I do know a few southern women who are married though, and the difference is definitely noticeable. Not only pretty, but very sweet too. I would guess that these are the belles.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Someone on my list told me this below regarding Southern women in the US. If this is true, maybe I should relocate to the South?
"Yes, I think a higher percentage of them are perfectly willing to date Asian guys. There the racial hierarchies are different, as you can imagine. My ex is from Texas, and although she was not your typical Southerner in all ways ( i.e., not a bible-thumping Republican), she had a lot of respect for Asian cultures, and I think she really enjoyed the fact that I could pass for being half-Asian. The funny thing is, in the South, I remember my black friends telling me that they preferred to be there, since they knew who the racists were and weren't because subtle racism (which is easy to pick up on if you're in attuned to it) could still be out in the open there. I think that just once again highlights how fake, and hence socially confusing, the North can be sometimes.

I showed your "four major things" e-mail to my ex, and she also agreed with 1-3, but she said that you needed to come to the South so you could see how #4 is not really true everywhere in the US. I tend to agree with her. "
My last American ex was from Tennessee and was very friendly, down to earth and easy to talk to. I met her at a Wiccan group. Meeting her was very natural. I also met this other girl from Tennessee when I lived in Nevada while I was doing acting work. She was also very friendly, easy to befriend and hang out with as well. Are they typical of Tennessee women?

Are Southern women really more friendly, natural and approachable than on the West Coast?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I think people in general are friendlier in the South and less "fake and socially confusing" than the North like the guy on your list says. In fact, before finding happier abroad I thought of traveling the South, as an adult this time, to see if I could find a place to settle and a kind "belle" to marry. I realize now it perhaps isn't the easiest option and it certainly doesn't help that America is still politically divided along Civil War lines. It's a false unity we have as a nation.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

The answer is yes and no. Yes, southern women are far nicer and more receptive to being approached and more polite and considerate and friendly etc etc, BUT ONLY OUTSIDE OF THE CITIES. You have to go to smaller cities or small towns, or meet a women who somehow hasn't been negatively influenced by the big city mentality. Fro example, here in Dallas, most women are the typical materialistic beotches that you find in any other large US city. BUT, there are a small % of women in Dallas who were not raised in Dallas but immigrated form smaller towns or more wholesome environments such as women from Arkansas or Oklahoma, Austin, Lubbock, etc they tend to be better women. So the answer is , "It depends". But good women are easier to find and more abundant in the South overall. But so many grew up in the big city (Dallas, Houston etc) that they end up corrupted to narcissism and materialism and being stuck up and rude to men etc just like any other big US city.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

A good source from the south tells me that all southern belles are long dead.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Watched 'sweet home alabama' movie, i like natural down to earth simple southern mentality, ...the same women in NY or LA would be like Sex in the city girls..

I feel Sthern women are good in bed, bareback anytime
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to clarify, by "Southern" we mean states between Texas and Georgia right? This doesn't include Arizona and New Mexico right?

So are there any differences between Southern women in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ladislav just told me that the women in Ohio, and the people, are much more friendly and not as fake as in California.

So this means that the worst parts of the USA are on the West Coast and NYC? Everything in between is more friendly and down to earth and not as fake right? If so, I was unlucky to grow up on the West Coast.

Maybe if I grew up in the Midwest or Southern Dixie land, I would have done better with the girls.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these images of the classic Southern belle vs. the modern one. lol

CLASSIC:

MODERN:

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ah, perhaps in my next life!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Don't kid yourselves! Southern women are no better!

Post by Everdred »

I was born and raised in the Bible Belt. I lived there a total of 23 years before moving to Asia. I was considered quite an odd person in the South because I was and still am deeply interested in the outside world and traveling. I can assure my fellow American men on this forum that the women in the South aren't any better than the women in the rest of the United States. All the negative things you say about American women on this forum also apply to Southern women. The kind of women you see in the photos above are non-existent these days. The kind of women from movies like Sweet Home Alabama are mostly fictitious and rare. There are so many trashy rednecks in the South - anti-intellectual, close-minded, tattoo'd up, morbidly obese, and drugged out. These people's idea of fun is sitting around a bonfire drinking Bud Light and smoking pot, and also going muddin' in their 4X4 pick-up trucks with Confederate flag bumper stickers on the back that say "Rebel Pride!"

Of course there are exceptions to everything, but don't head to the South thinking it's the answer to all your prayers of finding a decent American woman. If the above is not enough, then let me explain a little more why. First, it's very normal for women in the South to have babies out of wedlock in their teenage years. It's not out of the ordinary to meet a 25-year-old Southern girl who has three children from three different fathers, and who's been divorced twice. It's also very normal for couples to get married when they're only 19, 20, 21, or so on. I'm only 26, yet the vast majority of people I graduated with are already married with children. Practically none of them have a "free spirit." Also, every girlfriend I ever had from age 18 to 23 pushed me to get married ASAP. Luckily I never did, and I can assure you that Southern women are just as prone to divorce as other American women. So, if you get in a relationship with a Southern girl, expect constant pressure from her for you to marry her ASAP.

Southern women are also big into drinking, doing hard drugs/popping pills, getting tattoos, sleeping around, and various other undesirable activities that you wouldn't want your girlfriend to be partaking in. Also remember that the South is one of the most overweight and obese parts of the United States. Seeing morbidly obese men and women anywhere and everywhere is extremely normal. As sad as it sounds, I'd be willing to bet that more people in my hometown are obese (yes, OBESE) than not. I should also say that Southern women don't age gracefully. As soon as they're married or have children, their looks will plummet (if they even had any to begin with). Southerners also like to ram Christianity down your throat (hence the term Bible Belt), yet most of them don't play by Christianity's rules. So expect most Southern women to claim they're "devout" Christians, and they'll be expecting you to be the same. They'll go to church and pray on Sunday morning, and then they'll pop some unprescribed Xanax, drink a beer or two, and have sex with their guy friend that same Sunday night. If you're an open non-Christian or atheist, expect lots of ridicule, ignorance, and non-acceptance from your peers.

I know Americans in general don't take much pride in their appearances, but the South has got to be the worst. I already mentioned that obesity is a big problem in the South, but also people wear some of the worst clothes you could imagine in the South. Have any of you ever seen The People of Wal-Mart? Well, the people featured on that website are the kind of people you often run into in the South. Southern people love their blue jeans, sweat pants, pajama pants, sleeveless shirts, spaghetti tops, bleach blonde hair dye, rock band T-shirts, cowboy boots, and flip flops. Don't expect to find many well-dressed, classy looking women in the South.

On the up side, since there aren't too many large cities in the South, I suppose you could say the women in the South are maybe a little more humble than American women from some other parts of the United States. I'm not sure if I'd call it a good thing, but you don't often see women trying to be "high class" in the South. Sometimes, but not often. However, I still wouldn't classify Southern women as humble, they're just more humble than women from say New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles. And don't kid yourself, Southern women are just as unapproachable as other American women. I should also say that the women in the medium to medium-large sized Southern cities will be a little better than the ones from the countryside, but not by much. They're generally a little better educated and less ignorant.

If you want to get a good idea of young Southern women, just watch this video. It's a very good representation of young Southern women. People in my hometown behaved just like the people from this video.

MTV's True Life - The Theriot Family: The Riot In The Bayou

(I believe this video can only be watched from within the United States.)
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Re: Don't kid yourselves! Southern women are no better!

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Everdred wrote:I was born and raised in the Bible Belt. I lived there a total of 23 years before moving to Asia. I was considered quite an odd person in the South because I was and still am deeply interested in the outside world and traveling. I can assure my fellow American men on this forum that the women in the South aren't any better than the women in the rest of the United States. All the negative things you say about American women on this forum also apply to Southern women. The kind of women you see in the photos above are non-existent these days. The kind of women from movies like Sweet Home Alabama are mostly fictitious and rare. There are so many trashy rednecks in the South - anti-intellectual, close-minded, tattoo'd up, morbidly obese, and drugged out. These people's idea of fun is sitting around a bonfire drinking Bud Light and smoking pot, and also going muddin' in their 4X4 pick-up trucks with Confederate flag bumper stickers on the back that say "Rebel Pride!"

Of course there are exceptions to everything, but don't head to the South thinking it's the answer to all your prayers of finding a decent American woman. If the above is not enough, then let me explain a little more why. First, it's very normal for women in the South to have babies out of wedlock in their teenage years. It's not out of the ordinary to meet a 25-year-old Southern girl who has three children from three different fathers, and who's been divorced twice. It's also very normal for couples to get married when they're only 19, 20, 21, or so on. I'm only 26, yet the vast majority of people I graduated with are already married with children. Practically none of them have a "free spirit." Also, every girlfriend I ever had from age 18 to 23 pushed me to get married ASAP. Luckily I never did, and I can assure you that Southern women are just as prone to divorce as other American women. So, if you get in a relationship with a Southern girl, expect constant pressure from her for you to marry her ASAP.

Southern women are also big into drinking, doing hard drugs/popping pills, getting tattoos, sleeping around, and various other undesirable activities that you wouldn't want your girlfriend to be partaking in. Also remember that the South is one of the most overweight and obese parts of the United States. Seeing morbidly obese men and women anywhere and everywhere is extremely normal. As sad as it sounds, I'd be willing to bet that more people in my hometown are obese (yes, OBESE) than not. I should also say that Southern women don't age gracefully. As soon as they're married or have children, their looks will plummet (if they even had any to begin with). Southerners also like to ram Christianity down your throat (hence the term Bible Belt), yet most of them don't play by Christianity's rules. So expect most Southern women to claim they're "devout" Christians, and they'll be expecting you to be the same. They'll go to church and pray on Sunday morning, and then they'll pop some unprescribed Xanax, drink a beer or two, and have sex with their guy friend that same Sunday night. If you're an open non-Christian or atheist, expect lots of ridicule, ignorance, and non-acceptance from your peers.

I know Americans in general don't take much pride in their appearances, but the South has got to be the worst. I already mentioned that obesity is a big problem in the South, but also people wear some of the worst clothes you could imagine in the South. Have any of you ever seen The People of Wal-Mart? Well, the people featured on that website are the kind of people you often run into in the South. Southern people love their blue jeans, sweat pants, pajama pants, sleeveless shirts, spaghetti tops, bleach blonde hair dye, rock band T-shirts, cowboy boots, and flip flops. Don't expect to find many well-dressed, classy looking women in the South.

On the up side, since there aren't too many large cities in the South, I suppose you could say the women in the South are maybe a little more humble than American women from some other parts of the United States. I'm not sure if I'd call it a good thing, but you don't often see women trying to be "high class" in the South. Sometimes, but not often. However, I still wouldn't classify Southern women as humble, they're just more humble than women from say New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles. And don't kid yourself, Southern women are just as unapproachable as other American women. I should also say that the women in the medium to medium-large sized Southern cities will be a little better than the ones from the countryside, but not by much. They're generally a little better educated and less ignorant.

If you want to get a good idea of young Southern women, just watch this video. It's a very good representation of young Southern women. People in my hometown behaved just like the people from this video.

MTV's True Life - The Theriot Family: The Riot In The Bayou

(I believe this video can only be watched from within the United States.)
I agree with your summary, mostly. I tried the "South" thing myself for a while, and while although aspects of living below the Mason-Dixon line were definitely better for me, overall, I wasn't any happier there in the long run. Since I grew up in the "New England" region, I was very accustomed to cold, shallow, cliquish, and b*tchy women that mostly hated my guts for some reason. A couple years ago, I got so fed up with the atmosphere here, that I packed my sh*t into the car, and headed South. This was my first attempt at "Domestic Relocation," and this was before I discovered "Happier Abroad."

At first, it was like a breath of fresh air for me, since the women seemed much friendlier in comparison to the typical Yankee skanks I was used to dealing with. Also, despite that there were definitely more obese women, I found the "hot" women down South to be much hotter than what is considered "hot" up North. I lived in a couple of small to mid-sized cities in the Mid-South, but I didn't really mind the fact that the countryside girls were a little ignorant and closed-minded. They seem more accepting of me for some reason, but I didn't really stick around long enough to put roots down nor did I find a girlfriend. After a while of living there though, I became fed up with the anti-intellectual culture there, and also there were no shortage of stuck-up b*tches either. Everything you said about the hypocritical "church on Sunday," but slut on Monday mentality is very true from my observations, and so is the drug/alcohol abuse issue. Meth is also a major issue down there, so that's something to keep in mind (produces a lot of deranged and paranoid azzholes).

So to recap, here are the pros and cons of living in the South according to what I witnessed (Northerner's perspective):

Pros:

- Warmer weather, generally speaking.

- Politeness is more emphasized as a virtue there, compared to the Northeast. Some of the people were nicer and more helpful than what I was used to dealing with.

- Some of the countryside girls were extremely hot (hotter than their Yankee counterparts, for sure). Better gene pool (more Germanic blood, compared to ugly English blood up North).

- Cost of living is less, and it seemed that in general, customer service is better.

- The quality of food (the kinds I like) was usually better. Thai food, for instance is cheap and better quality there compared to the over-priced Thai restaurants in the N. East, where such food is considered a luxury. In the North, some Thai places are run by Jewish owners who employ Mexican cooks, and charge an arm and a leg for mediocre sh*t. Down South, the Thai food I had was more authentic, with real Thai owners/employees, much better quality, and reasonably priced.

- The black people were generally very friendly and accepting of me, compared to Northern blacks. They were some of the nicest, most polite people I meet while there.

- Waffle House, and other eateries. I love to eat, and I hate the way it's impossible to get some grub late at night up North. I hate the way Northerners starve themselves; I love my comfort food.

Cons:

- Lots of ignorant hick types that are close-minded and aggressive who walk around in Wal*Mart with no shirt on (although states like RI have plenty of wiggers with a similar attitude). Lack of intellectualism.

- Lots of pill popping, alcoholism, and meth abuse.

- Lousy Pizza. I mean, Wal*Mart supercenter had the best pizza there.

- The humidity can be stifling in the Summer (which does't bother me too much, but it may bother you). Also, most houses have no basement, so you have to depend solely on air conditioning to not suffocate if you stay inside during the day. I hate air conditioning. Also, it's stupid to not build houses with a basement when you're living in a tornado-prone region (which I was)

- Despite the overall greater friendliness and courtesy, some of the "hottie" college girls were ultra-snobby cuntz, just like Yankee cuntz (but often worse, since they are better looking down there)

- There is a bit of prejudice against Northerners like myself (but I didn't mind that so much, since I hate the North too).

- Major obesity problem, and lots of tobacco users (although the college towns do have a lot of fitness buff types, but the women in these circles can be unapproachable, as I said earlier).

- Nowhere decent to go swimming in the Summer to cool off, despite several 108 degree F. days in a row, with high humidity.

Yeah, so that's my assessment of life in the South. Don't bother moving there if you're looking to find a virtuous girl to make your wife; move there to save money so that you can move overseas to find your wife.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I've been to the South many times in my life, probably once a year for at least a week and most of the time longer. I always resented my parents for moving from Georgia/Virginia/Maryland where they used to live to New Jersey. I hate it here so much. Best times in my life have been in Virginia near the D.C. area where my cousins live with their parents on a farm or Atlanta which has one of the best aquariums in the country (I'm a junkie and Baltimore Aquarium's great too), or Virginia Beach area. Waffle House is excellent. I need warm weather. Snow looks pretty, but the cold is awful for me. My personality fits the South better too. They have better food. Tennessee is wonderful too, especially Chattanooga. Some of these places aren't exactly the deep South, but the atmosphere is closer than, say, certain parts of Florida.

Oh yeah, I was also in New Orleans pre-Katrina. Great place. I loved the food and French Quarter.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.