Why are Californians the most dysfunctional in the nation?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

momopi wrote:
ladislav wrote:I guess it is because they are given impossible dreams that they are told they can achieve but they do not. So, it is all crashed expectations. Plus most people do not have roots there, the religion is not strong either and there is too much rapid change and movement.
But the weather is sure nice!
Or borrow unreasonable amount of money to buy homes at unreasonable prices, just so that you can keep up with the jones:
http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/real_es ... /index.htm

...and when the market crash, boom.

"$8,000 monthly payment on their five-bedroom spread in Ladera Ranch, Calif., an upscale development in south Orange County."

Stupid, just stupid.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ladislav wrote:You have not seen New Yorkers yet. Californians are angels, man.
Exxxcuse me? LOL!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

One good thing about California is that the women tend to be good looking. Yes, they are snobs but at least they make for good eye candy! lol :lol:

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

^ Yea, I miss the Cali girls who wear those cute sketcher sneakers you see in the pic. They are great fun to be around mainly because they have a POSITIVE attitude.

East coast girls however are boring to me and are the worse because they are often come off NEGATIVE. I'm sure this has to do with the weather and standard of living situations so it's not entirely their fault.

Also, I have found that at least in my neck of the woods, many women are lesbians and they are the type that look like men. They wear short hair, pant suits, no makeup, and there is nothing feminine about them at all. It's disgusting.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Someone who bought my ebook told me that Mexicans in LA are friendlier than the whites. Is that so? I did notice when I was in LA that the Mexicans smiled at me and acknowledged me more.

Here is what he said:
"Winston,

I recently finished your ebook "Happier Abroad" and just couldn't help but write you to contribute some of my experiences and ideas about how immigrants feel when they come to the U.S.
I am a Korean who lived in the U.S. for 12 years already. I moved to Utah when I was 13 and I am now 25. I was forced to move to the U.S. in a sense due to my father's job at the local university. When I first came here as a middle school student, people at school were so interested in me because I was the only Asian there and made a lot of friends. But as time passed, I realized the fakeness and emptiness that you talked well about in your ebook. I thought there was something wrong with during the times that I could not resonate with people but as time progressed I realized the problem was not me but from the U.S. society.
I used to be Mormon and when I was a missionary, I had a companion (Mormon missionaries always have companions of the same sex that go together 24/7) from Chile.
We were in Southern California where there were a lot of Mexicans. The difference I say between these Mexicans living in Southern California and other parts of the U.S. is that they are still non americanized Mexicans. I believe it is because there are so many Mexicans living together that they don't have to interact with the local white people there. So most of them have not adopted American life style.
Anyway, while we were serving there, I noticed how more sociable latinos are compared to the whites in the area. Some latinos were shy that it seemed like they don't want to talk to us but more than 90% of the population when we knock on their door or on the street had no problem talking to us and we actually had a nice, long meaningful conversation whether it be cultural or religious. Whereas if we were to talk to the Whites walking around or knock on their door, they either passby without even looking at us as if they were scared or yell at us.
My companion coming from Chile always said that white americans are so weird and anti-social compared with the Chilenos. He commented that people are so much more open to talk to in Chile. He also said given the wealth in the U.S. people are not happy at all compared to the more poorer chilenos.
Sad thing is that many other countries around the world are becoming like the U.S.
My home country, South Korea, with it's fastest economic growth in the world, has become so much Americanized nowadays that people are almost same as Americans. If I were to talk to a stranger even with perfect Korean, they would probably think that I have some psycological problem because no one talks to the strangers and strangers are thought to impose danger.
I can't wait to get out of this country and go somewhere like South America or Eastern Europe because I know from my experience that those countries have more social life than here or in Korea.
Good thing is that I have two more years that I have to live here then I can go abroad. (I'm actaully coming up with a plan).
Well, hope you continue with this exciting and eye-opening enlightment that everyone needs.

Thanks

Danny"
This part is interesting:

"My companion coming from Chile always said that white americans are so weird and anti-social compared with the Chilenos. He commented that people are so much more open to talk to in Chile. He also said given the wealth in the U.S. people are not happy at all compared to the more poorer chilenos."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Yes, it is true Winston. I use to live in California for 7 years and was able to interact with all kinds of people due to the fact that I run a small business.

What he said is right, Mexicans are not only friendly, but they are in such high numbers in California that they don't really have to adopt Amercian principles to survive.

For example, a simple tire shop could be owned by a well to do Mexican family, they will then hire 100% Mexican employees, the lunch truck that comes by everyday will be owned by Mexicans and serve Mexican food, at least 70% of their business will be Mexican, the radio station they play while they work will be a Mexican channel, and they talk to each other in Spanish and on and on...

As far as the whites, they are very rude ( the middle class on up) , and it's stems from their inner belief that Mexicans (and other racial groups) are inferior and that they need to go back to Mexico.

My old business partner was white, and he use to talk about it all the time, he also had a problems with well to do Asians in Irvine, and blacks too. I could not understand his logic because his blood is not native to North American soil but yet he had the nerve to want to tell others to leave.

Basically, in my opinion, whites want to dominate everything, and so, they don't like it when some other culture comes into an area where they live and take over business and change things. So what's going on now is the whites are leaving California because they know they can't compete or give any problems to the Mexicans who are growing stronger by the day.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on December 26th, 2010, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Whites that have money generally don't like living in mixed neighborhoods or with a majority of other races other than perhaps Asians, they can tolerate them cause they don't cause that many problems and are the closest in attitude to Whites. That's why Whites are really fleeing California, basically white flight. Whites could compete fine but American whites generally don't want to deal with other races unless its strictly business or they are demented leftist liberals, they don't want to live around them. I wouldn't want to live in southern California either (lived thee for 3 years while in the navy) if hardly anyone shared my language or culture and having mexican gangs running around. I've been there, done that. Tried to live in Phoenix, Az too for around three years, got tired of my car being broken into regularly by mexicans and listening to their crappy music and hydraulic jumping cars and all that shit.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Northamericanguy wrote: For example, a simple tire shop could be owned by a well to do Mexican family, they will then hire 100% Mexican employees, the lunch truck that comes by everyday will be owned by Mexicans and serve Mexican food, at least 70% of their business will be Mexican, the radio station they play while they work will be a Mexican channel, and they talk to each other in Spanish and on and on...
I'd also add that the 2nd largest newspaper here is La Opinión in Spanish.