Nature Knows No Color-Line

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Nature Knows No Color-Line

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Nature Knows No Color-Line: Research into the Negro Ancestry in the White Race

I know we all talk quite a bit about race around here so I figured you all might be interested in this read.

"This book is a collection of photos, facts and figures but despite this it makes a fascinating read. Mr. Rogers writes about a taboo subject, the mixing of races, or as part of his title states "Research into the Negro Ancestry in the White Race." It is a fascinating book if somewhat stodgy and a bit pompous in places. Considering that it was written at a time when mixing white with black was illegal in many American States Mr. Rogers does a fairly good job of informing the reader of how the white-person should not be so complacent about his or her supposedly pure racial heritage."

Reviews:

"This is an excellent book. The research is very thorough and it appears that "SEX and Race" and prejudice can be traced back to India starting over 5000 years ago with the invasion of the Arayans in the Valley of the Indus."

"For those of you who foolish believe that people of Black African descent throughout history was confined to the role of a slave, this book will totally shred such nonsense and enlighten you. J.A Rogers was definitely ahead of his time with this outstanding work. His bibliography and sources are extensive and very reliable, as he uses many primary and scholarly sources to buttress the claims and facts he is presenting.

J. A. Roger discusses the history of Black people intermingling and marrying with different groups of people, particularly European people, since the days of Ancient Greece. The Greeks had great respect for the Ethiopians ( from the Greek word Ethiops, meaning black person), and in their plays/poems/songs had several "Ethiopian themes" included: wisdom, deity, military strength, and beauty. The Roman's felt the same way about the Ethiopians, as many of their gods (and the Greeks) were black people.

The question of who were the moors is effectively answered in this book. They were largely Black Africans from the northwest region of Africa. Rogers gives a plethora of primary sources that reinforces his claim that the moors were black Africans, not to mention the thousands of coat of arms that contains Black "moors".

Racism is a political tool used to control a group of people in order to garner advantages for another group of people. This books reveals that racism is not natural nor has it been as systemic in societies since ancient times. The heighten racism we observe to day is largely the product of European racism, slavery, land conquest, and genocide of other groups of people.

Read this book!! "

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Sex and Race: A History of White, Negro, and Indian Miscegenation in the Two Americas, Vol. 2: The New World

Review:

I read and studied J.A. Rogers books the most during a period of time when I was obsessed with blackness. As a black man in america, I don't think being obsessed with blackness is anything to be ashamed of however. It's simply a reaction to racism.

In this second volume, Roger's focuses on the new world and shows that the inhabitants of the americas are far from being pure racially.
As discussed in the previous volume, race mixing with blacks took place all over Europe. In the new world however, whites not only mixed with blacks but also with the indigenous peoples of the americas including the caribbean. Also, there is good reason to believe that some of the indigenous peoples of the americas were already somewhat mixed before the europeans arrived. The one thing which I really like about J.A. Rogers books is the fact that he is not afraid to confront certain issues which are embarrasing to most whites even today.

Did you ever wonder why some black people from the caribbean and south and central america don't like being called black? Some will say because they aren't black, they are Spanish or Brazilian. Based on historical evidence Roger's points out that the blacks of the caribbean and south and central america are just as "black" as the blacks in america. It's just that some of them may look different because race mixing took place in different degrees in different areas.

Unfortuantely, the issue of race mixing is a very touchy issue, so a lot that is in books like this cannot be talked about without angering people unless you're in some sort of "radical" black group. Therefore, much of what is contained in this book should be kept to oneself. Regardless of what country someone is from, they don't like being told that they are of black african ancestry. Most "non-whites" will say they simply don't care and are irritated by the topic.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I heard of the book many years ago. I have to get that at amazon one day.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

ErikHeaven wrote:I heard of the book many years ago. I have to get that at amazon one day.
it's on PDF if you look for it.... Though, I'm still getting the book.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Cats and dogs and rabbits and all mix 'races' all the time. As long as you are of the same species and your DNA is mixable and offspring producing, "race" mixing is normal and racial segregation is abnormal. Don't know why they even raise an issue about that.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Did you ever wonder why some black people from the caribbean and south and central america don't like being called black? Some will say because they aren't black, they are Spanish or Brazilian. Based on historical evidence Roger's points out that the blacks of the caribbean and south and central america are just as "black" as the blacks in america. It's just that some of them may look different because race mixing took place in different degrees in different areas.

Way back I had a GF from Panama who was very Negroid looking, even blacker than many American blacks. She went through a shock in the Us as people would try and dump her with US blacks with whom she had nothing in common. She just thought of herself as a Panamanian and her heritage as Latin American. Yeah,she knew she was black by color but here is one thing that you need to understand about Latin America:

Being black there is not elevated to the level of ethnicity and to being " a people" or "a nationality" as in the USA. Blacks there do not belong to a separate ethnic group. Yes, there is discrimination there against those who are darker, poorer but not to the point of declaring these people to be a separate "race". There is no hyphenation/ No censuses with boxes to mark what you consider yourself.

There is no Farakhan in Latin America calling to the Blacks there to hate whites. There are no whites as an ethnic group, either.

Ah, you need to go and live there to understand.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Excerpts from Nature Knows No Color Line:

"Everyone alive is, I am convinced, of mixed ancestry, but some of us are more white, some of us are more Negro, and some of us are more Chinese". H.G. Wells

"The two varieties of humanity which have intermixed the most and the longest are so-called Negro and Caucasian. There is some evidence that they mated in prehistoric times; that a Negro, or Negroid, people inhabited Europe when it was joined to Africa and was still tropical."
J.A Rogers

Excerpts from Sex and Race: Vol. 1:

"We shall see that mankind began as a single family; that the family circle widened and widened until it broke into segments, and with that came the illusion that the segments were no longer parts of the circle."
J.A Rogers
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

ladislav wrote:Did you ever wonder why some black people from the caribbean and south and central america don't like being called black? Some will say because they aren't black, they are Spanish or Brazilian. Based on historical evidence Roger's points out that the blacks of the caribbean and south and central america are just as "black" as the blacks in america. It's just that some of them may look different because race mixing took place in different degrees in different areas.

Way back I had a GF from Panama who was very Negroid looking, even blacker than many American blacks. She went through a shock in the Us as people would try and dump her with US blacks with whom she had nothing in common. She just thought of herself as a Panamanian and her heritage as Latin American. Yeah,she knew she was black by color but here is one thing that you need to understand about Latin America:

Being black there is not elevated to the level of ethnicity and to being " a people" or "a nationality" as in the USA. Blacks there do not belong to a separate ethnic group. Yes, there is discrimination there against those who are darker, poorer but not to the point of declaring these people to be a separate "race". There is no hyphenation/ No censuses with boxes to mark what you consider yourself.

There is no Farakhan in Latin America calling to the Blacks there to hate whites. There are no whites as an ethnic group, either.

Ah, you need to go and live there to understand.

Your points are noted, and I can't wait to travel outside the States to see how other people are treated.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

ladislav wrote:"race" mixing is normal and racial segregation is abnormal.
+1