Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Must Read! How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

ALIBABA wrote:
Winston wrote:I had to remove the link to the ebook because I received a copyright claim by Mrs. Browne. She requests that you all get the ebook off her website at http://www.harrybrowne.org

what would happen if you ignored the claim?

Nothing probably. It's hard to enforce a copyright claim. Though it's doable, it'd involve a lot of trouble. But why do you ask such a strange question? If she holds the copyright, then she has the right to demand that it gets removed.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Think Different » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Winston wrote:
ALIBABA wrote:
Winston wrote:I had to remove the link to the ebook because I received a copyright claim by Mrs. Browne. She requests that you all get the ebook off her website at http://www.harrybrowne.org

what would happen if you ignored the claim?

Nothing probably. It's hard to enforce a copyright claim. Though it's doable, it'd involve a lot of trouble. But why do you ask such a strange question? If she holds the copyright, then she has the right to demand that it gets removed.

Plus, it's really mean and bad karma to cheat a widow.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby Hook » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 am

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:Harry Browne is the author of Fail-Safe Investing, in which he advocated the Permanent Portfolio

What is that? Can you elaborate on it?

I also have the fail safe investing book. Basically it says that you are never going to outsmart the markets in the long run. You should take the average return of the general market, which is around 8% over the long run.

He says the easiest way of diversifying is putting 1/4 of your money in an index mutual fund, 1/4 into gold, 1/4 into bonds, and 1/4 into cash or money markets.

Over the last 40 years, the strategy has averaged 9% per year, and only lost money in 2 of those years.

I bought a bunch of gold in 2002 for 360/oz and now it is as 1650/oz.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Recommend Books and Websites