Books on Polyamory and Open Relationships

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Books on Polyamory and Open Relationships

Post by Shemp »

@HouseDoc: you probably would have discounted someone like Andy Warhol if you have met him back in the 1950's when he was living in a roach-infested walkup with a bunch of other starving artists trying to eek out a living drawing women's shoes for fashion magazines. Dan has real talent. Mentally unbalanced of course, but it's guys like this who actually become superstars now and then, not the steady eddie types you hang around with in the medical business. If I had to bet, I'd bet the rocket Dan is riding will crash and burn, but at the same time I'm not ruling out the possibility of him getting into orbit. And if you really think crazy is an obstacle to success, how do you explain Winston (moderate success in this case, but hey, you're attracted to HA and so am I)?

Also, have you watched Dan's videos? Compare his face and voice with those of Winston or Tapatio or any of the other guys who put a face to their name here on HA. Dan clearly has the best underlying physical potential to be a chick magnet.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

retiredfrank wrote:@HouseDoc: you probably would have discounted someone like Andy Warhol if you have met him back in the 1950's when he was living in a roach-infested walkup with a bunch of other starving artists trying to eek out a living drawing women's shoes for fashion magazines. Dan has real talent. Mentally unbalanced of course, but it's guys like this who actually become superstars now and then, not the steady eddie types you hang around with in the medical business. If I had to bet, I'd bet the rocket Dan is riding will crash and burn, but at the same time I'm not ruling out the possibility of him getting into orbit. And if you really think crazy is an obstacle to success, how do you explain Winston (moderate success in this case, but hey, you're attracted to HA and so am I)?

Also, have you watched Dan's videos? Compare his face and voice with those of Winston or Tapatio or any of the other guys who put a face to their name here on HA. Dan clearly has the best underlying physical potential to be a chick magnet.
His looks can't change the way he comes off. That's where his problem lies- women aren't generally going for looks in the long term. He'd do far better sleeping around than going for some sort of long term harem. He just doesn't have the personality for it. I'll be waiting to eat my words, probably longer than I'll be waiting for Taco's apocalypse.
dancilley
Freshman Poster

Post by dancilley »

We're going to the most rural places (where there are women)...we're going to do it! We will claim any woman we see and they will love us forever! Who is with me? Imagine living with many women all in one home, and they are emotionally stable, happy, loving, peaceful, kind, etc.! They all cooperate to create a harmonious, happy environment to live in!

Everyone is at ease and accepts life how it is! So they are happy with what they have, and happy with whatever you give!

I am certain about this! This is what matters in life! Do you need the internet to be happy? Do you need TV to be happy? Do you need cheese, chocolate, sugar, meat, MSG, salt, to be happy? I would much rather be involved sexually with loving, healthy, nurturing women...throughout the day, and breathe clean air and eat food grown right in front of me!

Become a Real Man...avoid estrogenic foods and a sedentary lifestyle. Become physically and sexually active, and provide women with food and shelter, and protect the women from other men! How good would it feel to actually get to be a Man and have women respect and revere you?
JOIN MY BRAND NEW FREE SPEECH FORUM EMPHASIZING PURE VIRGIN MARRIAGE: https://dancilley.great-site.net/forum

X/Twitter: https://x.com/DanCilleyLTBLP

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@DanCilley
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
August 26th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Check out this interesting book that someone told me about:

http://www.amazon.com/Polyamory-21st-Ce ... 442200227/

Polyamory in the 21st Century: Love and Intimacy with Multiple Partners
by Deborah Anapol

Unlike other books on this topic, Polyamory in the 21st Century weaves together research and facts to provide an informed and impartial analysis of polyamory as a lifestyle and as a movement, and to place it in a psychosocial as well as an historical context. Anecdotes and personal experiences allow the reader to develop a better understanding of polyamory and the people who practice and enjoy it. Anapol addresses the practical, the utopian, and the shadow sides of this intriguing, mysterious, yet often threatening lifestyle. It honestly addresses difficult issues such as the nature of commitment without exclusivity, balancing personal needs with loyalty to a partner, evaluating beliefs about love and relationship, the impact of polyamory on children, and the challenges that arise when one partner wants monogamy and another prefers polyamory. Without judgement, she explores this increasingly common practice, and reveals the true nature of a lifestyle that many do not understand.

Another one: (what a title!)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ethical-Slut- ... 587613379/

The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures Paperback
by Dossie Easton (Author) , Janet W. Hardy (Author)

The essential guide for singles and couples who want to explore polyamory in ways that are ethically and emotionally sustainable.

For anyone who has ever dreamed of love, sex, and companionship beyond the limits of traditional monogamy, this groundbreaking guide navigates the infinite possibilities that open relationships can offer. Experienced ethical sluts Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy dispel myths and cover all the skills necessary to maintain a successful and responsible polyamorous lifestyle--from self-reflection and honest communication to practicing safe sex and raising a family. Individuals and their partners will learn how to discuss and honor boundaries, resolve conflicts, and to define relationships on their own terms.

"I couldn't stop reading it, and I for one identify as an ethical slut. This is a book for anyone interested in creating more pleasure in their lives . . . a complete guide to improving any style of relating, from going steady to having an extended family of sexual friends." --Betty Dodson, PhD, author of Sex for One
The Christan mob, including Mormons, in the United States, I can't relate, I lived in Seattle most of my life. However I can attest that "higher educated" folks in Seattle WA are just as paranoid and fearful as the stereotypical American right wing christian mob.

Obviously poly-blah isn't something to consider. I mean if American women think most of us as comic book reader stereotypes than let them believe that.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.