"The Marching Morons" is optimistic

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

"The Marching Morons" is optimistic

Post by fschmidt »

This book, written in 1951, obviously inspired Idiocracy. But the story is different. In the story, a group of non-morons get together to preserve human intelligence, to prevent it from dying out. In effect, this group is an island of 1950s sanity surrounded by an ocean of (modern) idiocracy. This is quite optimistic, as we can see right here in this forum. Many in this forum are significantly above average intelligence, yet virtually none are willing to do anything to save human intelligence. Some are focused on race in spite of the fact that all races are rapidly heading towards idiocracy, even if some races may be ahead of others in getting there. Some want to just spread their genes, which is like pissing in the ocean to raise its water temperature. As the author of this book recognized, the only hope is a social island of sanity, a tribe set apart from the morons. But from what I can see, the author was optimistic, and the hope of creating a non-moronic tribe is fading fast. Still, I am trying with Biblic Judaism.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: "The Marching Morons" is optimistic

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I wish you all the luck in the world with your plans, but to establish such a tribe you would need people, location, funds and a way for all your tribesmen to support their families. Location is key because if you are too close to the rest of the "civilized world", outside influences will seep in sooner or later. Your sons will have to marry one day and if the community is too small, there soon won't be enough unrelated girls from inside the tribe to marry. With fresh blood may come new ideas that are unwelcome, so when you do this you need quite a lot of people from the get-go for this to be viable in the long run.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I see a lot of hurdles.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: "The Marching Morons" is optimistic

Post by fschmidt »

For Biblic Judaism, we currently have 4 men. We are looking for a location starting with rural Texas around Seguin. We have enough personal funds. We will make money with internet businesses (which is what some of us do now) combined with some subsistence farming to lower cost of living. We don't mind members marrying outside the group for now (before human genetics deteriorate too much) as long as everyone in the community follows basic rules. The rules are designed to prevent those who like modern culture from staying in the group.

I am used to hurdles. I faced hurdles all my life.