Should we have private boards for veterans or paid coaching?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should we have private boards for veterans or paid coaching?

Yes, if some members want their discussions private, then they should have that right, especially if they are veteran members.
40%
No, creating private special boards for certain members looks divisive, snobby, and could alienate other members.
60%

Total votes: 15
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok let's turn this issue into a poll. Cast your vote above at the top!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:Kai,
Those are great ideas. But we should not use terms like "elites" or "elite boards" though. That sounds way too snobby and classist. Better to call it "Veterans board" or "Special Advice/Solutions board".

The Veterans board could be private discussion for veteran expats and quality contributors. It would be MERIT-BASED. Those who qualify would have to meet the following criteria:

- The poster has demonstrated extensive knowledge of one or more foreign cultures.
- The poster has lived abroad for a long time in one or more countries.
- The poster has contributed a high number of quality posts and content. Either here or in another forum/website. Or in in a book he has authored.
- The poster has the respect of most forum members and is reasonably well behaved and civil.

Such members that would qualify would probably be Rock, Ladislav, Momopi, Mr S, and maybe a few others, such as you Kai. I will ask some of our longer time members here if they would be interested in a Veterans board.

As to the Advice/Solutions board, that has potential too. We could take our veteran members and put them into an Advisor Team there. Then we could charge a fee for members to go there and get serious personalized advice there. The fee would be pooled into a PayPal account and distributed among the Advisor Team members evenly.

The membership fee could include a weekly Skype teleconference, where the people seeking advice could talk to the Advisor Team live on Skype. The Skype teleconference would be a great bonus, since it feels more personable to talk to people via audio chat than just on a message board.

Everyone on the Team of course, would have to agree to give serious personalized advice to every paid member, and be willing to participate in the Skype teleconference, perhaps once a week or every two weeks.

Maybe you, Kai, could moderate and manage such a Team? You could also distribute the membership fees collected to all on the Team.

Or we could ask Ladislav. He seems to have the most extensive knowledge of all, and speaks more languages than anyone else here.

Whoever moderates the team and distributes the fees and hosts the Skype teleconference would be paid more than the other advisors of course. But the person should have good counseling and coaching skills as well.

Maybe I could get my friend Walt Goodridge in on this as well. He has very good coaching and counseling skills. It's one of his gifts.

Kai, what skills do you have? How long did you live abroad? Where do you get all your knowledge of China from?

What do you think of this?

To Cornfed: That insult of yours above to Kai was totally uncalled for and unjustified. This is a warning. Do that again and you will be temporarily banned.
These are just ideas I threw on the wall to see what would stick in your mind Winston. You should think long and hard on them though. As you can see, the peanut gallery easily got confused and missed the big picture because they struggle with basic logic. They are unable to see that it would not affect the main board at all.

Doing nothing like they suggest still won't alleviate the issues you noticed that are keeping your HA brand from growing. I can tell you would like your message to grow and reach all the different kinds of audiences out there. Not all American men are super tough-skinned, racist, autistic, socially awkward, psychopath, etc. but STILL they have an open enough mind to want to go abroad for women or other reasons! The West has changed ALOT since 2000-2009. You and most of the guys back then were keen or lucky enough to snap out of American mindset. I have been talking to guys that are friends of friends of friends, just by looking at them getting shooed away by women. I recently talked to a good professional photographer about this. He was ALL ears.

Professional Photographers guys always got p***y! Lately in the last few years the game has changed ALOT for the worst! I wish I could take pictures of the faces of the women here when I am out with my wife, sooo much jealousy out there! AW are bitter and terrible! I know you notice the change Winston, otherwise you wouldn't even bring this shit up! But you also know that your wide open model and eccentric fan base is a bit out of touch and often times impractical. If it wasn't, all those RooshV tards would be in this forum too, because it is very hard to get banned here, but at the same time they leech info from us and contribute f**k all nothing back. Look at this TerraFirma guy with 14 posts. Perfect example. I have never heard of this dude but yet he is making some imaginary threat to you if you open a section for paid advice. He has some f***ing nerve! The audacity of this joker is a perfect example of what I would call your "True Enemies". They are like crab-niggas or "backstabbers" if you are an old-school soul (The O Jays). They pull you down but while smiling in your face. Those guys could be Roosh tards trying to be sneaky and control you. I've never had a Roosh or other MGTOW account, nor heard of them until their people started coming here talking about him.

You made a nice suggestion off my initial ideas about, "personalized advice" and "life coaching". That is an excellent idea. I mentor young men in my spare time and coaching is something I am highly interested in. If private subforums do not make good sense or too difficult to apply, you could at least revamp your advisory panel. Realistically you need a nice place to store good information in a quickly pulled area for serious men that need it. Most people do not have time the dig through mountains of bigoted trash posts looking for diamonds and gems. Your problem with HA is the same problem large companies have, in regards to Information Management. You have some good data scattered all over the f***ing place and no content management system to procure it all in. Information recall speed and quality is basically non-existent as well. Your data is your resource to reach men. You should treat it as such.

You need to form a vision for your information and find a way to separate it out from the garbage. If your bigoted members here like to think that all people are not the same, well all information is not the same either. All information that is valid is not good advice for all members either. Perhaps another reason why your inquiry on customization is looking even better now.

Another thing you may want to think about in the long term is that, as AW get more toxic, more "mainstream" men are going to start looking around for answers. You might want to figure out a way to please your current group and put something together for normal/regular thinking men. You might hate censorship, and I know I do, but sometimes a little bit of PC, is how we all stay friends and work together for a common goal. I cannot give out HA's web address on the back of a business card to guys or other business professionals, because they will think I am some kind of wackjob trying to push stormfront-ish shit on them. So what I would recommend, if you want to take this audience gap of people that are normally between RooshV and HA, is to create some kind of normal forum and keep your uncensored anything goes area for your old-school base. A normal guy can go into the Lions Den and hang out with Cornbread and Banana, once they think they can hang in there if they want, but still have a normal place to learn and discuss in a civilized fashion. Your normal forum can benefit from having your catalog of information and knowledge-base, unlike the other fledgling blogs out there that are trying to fill that space.

Overall private forum or not, there are serious limits on what people can and or are willing to post on a publicly wide open forum. No one can refute that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright Kai.
You've convinced me. Since you are good at organizing stuff, giving advice/coaching, and have good leadership skills, I'll let you be in charge of such projects. I'll let you choose which veterans here to include in a private Veterans board. And you can organize a private coaching board and charge fees for it as well.

Think it over and let me know what you think. I think it's a good idea but has to be handled properly. I don't have time to manage such a project though. So maybe I can put you in charge of it? Think about it and sleep on it.

You could also do some private Skype teleconferences as part of the coaching too. I'll see if Ladislav would be interested too. We could also get my friend Walt to be part of this, but he is traveling now and busy. Check out his site so you know who he is:

http://www.waltgoodridge.com

He also has the gift of coaching and mentoring. I've heard him in his workshops and he is really good.

Rock would be great as an Advisor too. So would Momopi. But Momopi is busy with work and already makes good money so he would not be interested in trying to monetize his advice here.

But if this is going to be a paid thing, you can't have too many advisors of course, or the profits would be spread too thin. So I'll leave you to decide how to balance it all. It's a complicated issue of course. So I'll let you decide on it.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:Alright Kai.
You've convinced me. Since you are good at organizing stuff, giving advice/coaching, and have good leadership skills, I'll let you be in charge of such projects. I'll let you choose which veterans here to include in a private Veterans board. And you can organize a private coaching board and charge fees for it as well.

Think it over and let me know what you think. I think it's a good idea but has to be handled properly. I don't have time to manage such a project though. So maybe I can put you in charge of it? Think about it and sleep on it.

You could also do some private Skype teleconferences as part of the coaching too. I'll see if Ladislav would be interested too. We could also get my friend Walt to be part of this, but he is traveling now and busy. Check out his site so you know who he is:

http://www.waltgoodridge.com

He also has the gift of coaching and mentoring. I've heard him in his workshops and he is really good.

Rock would be great as an Advisor too. So would Momopi. But Momopi is busy with work and already makes good money so he would not be interested in trying to monetize his advice here.

But if this is going to be a paid thing, you can't have too many advisors of course, or the profits would be spread too thin. So I'll leave you to decide how to balance it all. It's a complicated issue of course. So I'll let you decide on it.

Winston
The money for the advice isn't really worth my time either. The reason why someone might need to pay for certain information is only so they treat it with value and respect. Kinda just like how Charlie Sheen says he pays his women/prostitutes. He pays them to shut the f**k up. Not for any other reason, but to be quiet. The principle in this case is for them to appreciate the knowledge. Most of the guys here with awesome advice already made lots of money in other areas of life, so 5-100 bucks won't butter any adviser's bread. It's just about the principle.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Alright Kai.
Oh well, there goes the forum. It had a good run I suppose.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

HouseMD wrote:It would provide a barrier to entry that would reduce overall forum activity and keep valid opinions out of interesting topics. It's a bad idea all around, in which no one wins- the people behind the wall get to make excellent threads that few people get to read or participate in, and the people locked out wonder why there are no good threads on the forum. Old people will get bored and leave, new people will have no incentive to stay, and the forum ultimately dies.

I've seen it happen to a few forums in the past, the outcome is always the same.

^^^THIS.

There is no reason to shove racial BS into the argument....ridiculous. I appreciate Kai and his excellent contributions to the forum, but I just don't think a private section is necessary and could end up hurting things overall...as was explained above.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Should we have private boards for veterans or paid coach

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Hi Winston,
I think a subscriber only section would be a good idea. I think subscription fees of USD10 per year is sensible....and someone gets rowdy just kick their ass out with no refund. I, for one, would sub at USD10 per year.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should we have private boards for veterans or paid coach

Post by Cornfed »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:Hi Winston,
I think a subscriber only section would be a good idea. I think subscription fees of USD10 per year is sensible....and someone gets rowdy just kick their a** out with no refund. I, for one, would sub at USD10 per year.
It seems like people would be paying for an inferior version of what we already have. It would also reduce the quality of posts in the rest of the forum. The business model seems fine the way it is. I don't know why Winston doesn't just concentrate on improving the ergonomics of the forum and producing more e-books and such, rather than trying to come up with new ways of f***ing up.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kai1275 wrote:Another thing you may want to think about in the long term is that, as AW get more toxic, more "mainstream" men are going to start looking around for answers. You might want to figure out a way to please your current group and put something together for normal/regular thinking men. You might hate censorship, and I know I do, but sometimes a little bit of PC, is how we all stay friends and work together for a common goal. I cannot give out HA's web address on the back of a business card to guys or other business professionals, because they will think I am some kind of wackjob trying to push stormfront-ish shit on them.
Well, that was the thinking on the men are better than women forum and the result was that the forum died. When the non-PC posters were banned and left in disgust, only a few feminists and manginas white-knighting them remained. Then they got bored and left because they didn't have much to say for themselves and were only there to annoy and attention-whore from the non-PC posters. Removing non-PC speech from this forum would have the same effect. The ideas behind this forum, such as that Western females suck, are inherently non-PC. Of course you don't mind most non-PC ideas. It is only criticism of blacks you want restricted. I put it to you that you are a hypocrite pushing a black nationalist agenda, whether you think you are or not.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Another thing you may want to think about in the long term is that, as AW get more toxic, more "mainstream" men are going to start looking around for answers. You might want to figure out a way to please your current group and put something together for normal/regular thinking men. You might hate censorship, and I know I do, but sometimes a little bit of PC, is how we all stay friends and work together for a common goal. I cannot give out HA's web address on the back of a business card to guys or other business professionals, because they will think I am some kind of wackjob trying to push stormfront-ish shit on them.
Well, that was the thinking on the men are better than women forum and the result was that the forum died. When the non-PC posters were banned and left in disgust, only a few feminists and manginas white-knighting them remained. Then they got bored and left because they didn't have much to say for themselves and were only there to annoy and attention-whore from the non-PC posters. Removing non-PC speech from this forum would have the same effect. The ideas behind this forum, such as that Western females suck, are inherently non-PC. Of course you don't mind most non-PC ideas. It is only criticism of blacks you want restricted. I put it to you that you are a hypocrite pushing a black nationalist agenda, whether you think you are or not.
Cornfed, Banano and HouseMD, relax! The regular HA forum would go relatively PC free...Only the private forum would be subject to censorship and heavy moderation.

I don't think you guys need to worry, really...(People said the same thing about the ladies forum when it was introduced, and everyone was freaking-out about it. But it hasn't changed the HA forum, has it? No...).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote: Cornfed, Banano and HouseMD, relax! The regular HA forum would go relatively PC free...Only the private forum would be subject to censorship and heavy moderation.

I don't think you guys need to worry, really...(People said the same thing about the ladies forum when it was introduced, and everyone was freaking-out about it. But it hasn't changed the HA forum, has it? No...).
The reason for that is that it caters to a segment of the forum (females) that contributed very little and people are happy to self-exclude themselves from it. The proposed forum will both drain the main forum of quality content and piss people off when they are excluded and/or censored. House explained it better than me. If the likes of Kai want to mentor selected people they deem ideologically pure, why can't they just start their own blogs and link to them in their signatures? That would surely work just as well and I can't imagine anyone would object. I don't get this constant imperative to do stupid shit.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed, Banano and HouseMD, relax! The regular HA forum would go relatively PC free...Only the private forum would be subject to censorship and heavy moderation.

My general impression was the opposite- that, in order to drive up traffic the main forum would become more PC and mainstream, while the private forum would be an unmoderated place for those that had paid or proved themselves or whatever. In any case, it's a bad idea. Winston is trying to pitch himself as the guru type. The people who succeed in this sort of role these days do it by attracting a large audience by publishing quality content, then getting them to buy value added services like ebooks, personal coaching, romance tours, whatever. By creating a private forum, the content quality that initially draws people in would diminish, and Winston would then lose out on opportunities to offer his services. The subscription money would be peanuts and would in no way make up for lost traffic and exposure.

If mainstream is the way he wants to go, he doesn't need to split up the forum-he needs a whole new website that caters to a different demographic and also offers services better suited to that demographic.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Hi Winston,
just by the way? I suggested private counselling for young men as an MBA Service some time ago. Link below. Any man who has the creds should be able to give counselling.

Most young men want their counselling for free.

One guy put it well on ROK...we live in an entitlement world where young men think that they should get anything they want for free if it is digital/content mainly because none of them had ever had to create content and realised how much time and effort it costs to create it.

I have a couple of young men as clients now and they can not believe how much I know about what is going on in the world.....they are taking my advice and their lives are going to be far better for it. But it is the rare young man that will do that.

Example.
One young man was being threatened by his ex, the whole 9 yards.....courts, cops....false allegations....you know the deal. She refused to give his car back...was making all sorts of demands.

A couple of emails from me? She was purring like a kitten....she even gave his car back.

It was simple. I told her that we are prepared to kill people to secure the rights of our members....she took the hint....she even apologised to my client for threatening him. I told her there was no way the police could protect her from me. I also told her that we insist on truth, justice and equality before the law and that her ex would be required to meet any real obligations for our protection.

She will now not make any demands of him as his ex wife. He has said he is willing to help her because he loved her.....but he will not be threatened..

The whole episode took me less than an hour of my time to sort out. You would be amazed how compliant women are when they say "so what are you going to do about it?" meaning their state sponsored aggression.....and you answer "Simple. We will kill you. And there is no way for you to stop us from doing so."

Has one man on "The Spearhead" been able to get his ex wife off his back like that? No.

Those two are now on good terms....he is going to assist her a bit and she is grateful for the love in his heart and generosity of his charity....I believe she has even noted to him what a mistake she has made in divorcing him.

http://www.a-man-zon.com/Services/MBASe ... lling.aspx
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Cornfed wrote: Well, that was the thinking on the men are better than women forum and the result was that the forum died. When the non-PC posters were banned and left in disgust, only a few feminists and manginas white-knighting them remained.
I would contend that the main reason that MABTW died was that dick did not kick sushi and that italian bitch off the forum. Those two attention whored until the rest of us got bored....and remember....Aoithior created a separate man forum but there was not enough discussion to bother to keep it open.

Forums like this are places where mostly inexperienced people in that area come to learn for free.

I am much more experienced in forums than most because I was using them since 1986 at IBM. If people used forums responsibly they would use them like I use them. When I have a question I ask. When I have something useful to say I say it. And the rest of the time I shut up.

But the culture of young men (and older men who act like women) is to talk so as to hear the sound of their own voices. Most people on forums are just attention whores...men and women alike. In excess of 99% of men on forums now are not there to use them responsibly....to listen and learn....or to contribute knowledge that no one else has contributed yet.... 99% of men on forums are there to talk shit and attention whore.....to condemn, to criticise, to complain.

And they want to do it for free on someone elses dime as well. John Rambo and I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way to "fix men" in the west...and that is to kill them off and grow a new generation that knows what the words honesty, honour, integrity and respect mean.....because as sure as hell 99% of men in the west have no idea what those words mean any more....and they have certainly proven themselves unworthy of the massive effort I put in to give them the advice they needed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:One young man was being threatened by his ex, the whole 9 yards.....courts, cops....false allegations....you know the deal. She refused to give his car back...was making all sorts of demands.

A couple of emails from me? She was purring like a kitten....she even gave his car back.

It was simple. I told her that we are prepared to kill people to secure the rights of our members....she took the hint....she even apologised to my client for threatening him. I told her there was no way the police could protect her from me. I also told her that we insist on truth, justice and equality before the law and that her ex would be required to meet any real obligations for our protection.

She will now not make any demands of him as his ex wife. He has said he is willing to help her because he loved her.....but he will not be threatened..
Awesome!