Guys, is there a virus on this Forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Guys, is there a virus on this Forum?

Post by Rock »

Every time I have tried to open Home Page of Happier Abroad, my virus software blocks my attempts and warns of a trojan horse. I can get on other pages though.

Is anyone else having this same issue?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you tell me exactly what your antivirus program says? I will try to look into it. The home page has been shortened with a lot less ads, per the recommendation of an expert webmaster, so it should be simpler to load up now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

The usual homepage has been gone for several days. This is the message I get when I go to it:

If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Can you tell me exactly what your antivirus program says? I will try to look into it. The home page has been shortened with a lot less ads, per the recommendation of an expert webmaster, so it should be simpler to load up now.
Trojan Horse Blocked
Avast Webshield has blocked a harmful webpage or file

Object: http://www.happierabroad.com/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Today at the mall, when I was testing the web browsing capabilities of a cell phone I was interested in, I tried to go to the home page here and got the message someone posted above. Dang.

I think I might know what happened. A few days ago I updated the home page, but not the rest of the pages. In doing so, during the upload of the home page files, some virus might have found a way to get through there, since my computer still seems to have a virus that the virus scanners can't find and only occassionally flags. It seems that different viruses are leaking into my computer, possibly through my internet connection. I have no idea how or how to stop it. Even if my antivirus programs cleans the computer of viruses, somehow more are coming in through the internet. So something in my computer might be hijacked. And it's probably related to why the home page is down.

Anyway, I will try exporting the home page files to my computer first and then uploading them from there. I hope that solves the problem.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's weird. I reuploaded the home page but it still doesn't work. However, when you go to http://www.happierabroad.com/index.php then it DOES work, but http://www.happierabroad.com does not work! Strange. This is unprecedented.

Momopi, any idea what's wrong?

I'll ask an expert webmaster I know about this.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Both links work OK for me. I assume you have not changed your webserver directory index settings with your web host?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I guess it works now. I reuploaded all the main page files and images, and that fixed the problem. I guess there was a glitch caused by uploading only the home page without the rest. Maybe some tiny difference messed up the home page. Weird.

Rock, are you still getting virus warnings on the home page?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:I guess it works now. I reuploaded all the main page files and images, and that fixed the problem. I guess there was a glitch caused by uploading only the home page without the rest. Maybe some tiny difference messed up the home page. Weird.

Seems OK now. Will let you know if it happens again.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:I guess it works now. I reuploaded all the main page files and images, and that fixed the problem. I guess there was a glitch caused by uploading only the home page without the rest. Maybe some tiny difference messed up the home page. Weird.

Seems OK now. Will let you know if it happens again.
yeah. working fine now winston.