Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Please be more descriptive in your thread titles

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Please be more descriptive in your thread titles

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Guys,
When you write thread titles, could you please be a little more descriptive? For example, instead of just writing "Fox News", you should say something in the title about your claim, such as "Fox News is liberally biased" or "Fox News - Unbalanced Reporting" etc. Try to make the thread titles longer. That way, people know what it's about and whether it's worth their time to read. Something too generic, like "Fox News" by itself doesn't say anything and gives the reader no reason to open it. Plus, putting more descriptive words in the thread title helps the SEO (search engine optimization) of this forum, which will bring in more traffic hits from the words you use.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby onezero4u » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 am

amen!
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Also, can you guys stop using all lower case letters in your thread titles? At least start the title sentence with a capital letter and start names of people and places with capital letters too. Thread titles in all lower case letters look juvenile and lame, like they are not to be taken seriously. It also has an unprofessional look to them.

Thanks.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Please be more descriptive in your thread titles

Postby Winston » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:13 pm

A reminder:

Please don't post new topic threads with just one word in the title, just as "Germany". You gotta say something more about what it's about. Come on. Such a one word title is weak and doesn't tell people whether they want to read it or not. Come come. Please come up with better titles than one word.

Also, remember to capitalize proper names like America or China. And start each title with a capital letter at least. Come on guys. This is basic grammar.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem