How do I make the Forum browsable from an iPhone?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

How do I make the Forum browsable from an iPhone?

Post by Winston »

Repatriate sent me this:
Repatriate wrote:Winston,

Tapatalk is free to activate with the forum you're using and it allows people using mobile devices to read your forum a lot easier.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Go check it out yourself. Out of 3 forums I read this is the only one that hasn't activated it yet.

http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php

Q: How much does it cost?

A: As a forum owner you are free to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to.

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.x, vBulletin 3.6 to 4.x, xenForo, IPBoard 3.x, SMF 1.1.11+/2.x, MyBB 1.4/1.6, bbPress 1.1/2.0 and Kunena 1.6+ are supported. Other forum system might also support Tapatalk with plugins developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API. Q: How do I activate Tapatalk on my forum?

A: Activation is free of charge. Login to Forum Owner Area to download the Tapatalk Plugin and get started.
I also got this notification from another forum:
Dear Romeo0310

We have just released our latest version of the Mental Health Forum's Android application.

So if you use an android phone or tablet please download our Mental Health Forum Android Application at: www.mentalhealthforum.net/android/

Our latest version of our iPhone application will be out in a few days. We'll email to let you know when it is released. In the meantime please download our current version at: http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/iphone/
What's this about? Is it the same thing? Do I need a separate app for Android and IPhone? What's an Android? Or is there one app that can make this forum browsable from any cell phone?

What's the best solution?

Can someone research these links and figure it out for me? I don't have time to do it.

Regarding Repatriate's suggestion, this forum is phpBB2, not phpBB3. So can someone visit http://www.tapatalk.com and see if there is a plug in there that will make it compatible with phpBB2?

Thanks.

Also, what happens right now when you try to browse this forum from a cell phone or IPhone? Is it tedious and hard to scroll through or what?
Last edited by Winston on August 27th, 2014, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 17th, 2013, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I've just installed TouchBB on the forum. If any of you are on a mobile device, you can try browsing the forum at this link:

touchbb.php

Let us know how it works.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do I make the Forum browsable from an iPhone?

Post by Winston »

Update:

We have a new mobile theme installed in the forum. You can view it in your desktop here:

index.php?mobile=mobile

You should be automatically redirected to it if you're on a mobile device. If not, click on the "Switch to Mobile" link above in the header. You can always return to the desktop version by clicking "Switch to Desktop Style".