Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post by Winston »

I'm restarting this thread because the other one was getting too big and contained many broken links to deleted profiles, which is bad for SEO.

Remember that when you post the username of a spammer, it would help if you posted the link to their profile. For example, here is the link to mine:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

That way, I can check their posts and delete them all easily from their profile page. Searching for it doesn't always bring it up, esp if you don't spell it exactly right.

Thanks,
Admin
Last edited by Winston on March 17th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted all the posts from a spammer named linysTposgv. He posted 18 spam posts all throughout the forum. I also banned his IP address and his email address. Hopefully this dirt bag won't come back again.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted another spammers post, his screen name was lomwindinodok. I banned his IP address and his email address. Also, I just deleted another spammer named whortrarty. His IP address and email address were also banned.

We have been getting a lot of spammers here lately.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks guys. Good work. I deleted their profiles too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted another spammer with the screen name of PitteenBeasse. He posted three spam posts. I also banned his IP address and email address.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted two more spammers posts. The first scumbags user name is jiangegegege and the second scumbags user name is Medsosteorm. I also banned their IP addresses.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted another douche bag spammers post. He screen name is FeedTandshene. I also banned his IP address and email address.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just deleted seven more spammers posts and banned their IP address. This is gettting ridiculous, these spammers need to not be able to register so easily.

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

we have a idiot spamming in russian. here's the spammers profile url profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8549

the user name it's using is IndulaGlani
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maybe I should change the humanizer question so that the person has to look it up on Google before they register? Maybe something that only Americans know, like "Why did the chicken cross the road?" lol Or some logical riddle?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Maybe ask questions similar to this:

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Forum spammed again!

I've found Q/A captcha is quite good, e.g. "what's the capital of france" or "who owns the senkaku islands".

Also try 'Disable external links, spam words, non English characters for new users.' mod, I've put this on my forums as well and I've been spammer free for ages now.

Where is Winston anyway? Is he in bed when he should be coding php :oops: ?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just sent Winston a private message to tell him about all the new spammers posts. There are dozens of them now and only he can delete them all at once. He told me to send him a PM when there are just too many to delete manually. He can get rid of all of them with one click.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

jamesbond wrote:I just sent Winston a private message to tell him about all the new spammers posts. There are dozens of them now and only he can delete them all at once. He told me to send him a PM when there are just too many to delete manually. He can get rid of all of them with one click.
I deleted as many posts as I could JamesBond. There has been a concerted attack on this website now for a few months: strangely, Winston doesn't seem to get that? As long as nothing is done, the attacks will continue unabated!