Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby jamesbond » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 am

I just banned Butler and deleted his posts. He was spamming the forum with advertisements.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Spammer!

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:05 pm

This user is a spammer: theptertrem

Please block and delete as soon as possible.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 am

You know there are some times in a forums life where it needs round the clock moderation to protect it against determined troll/spam attacks? Now would seem to be one of those times.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 am

Why are there so many spam attacks from Russia?

Do Peter Andrew Nolan's enemies have anything to do with this?

To stop this flood of attacks, I'm going to set new user registrations to be activated only by Admin for now.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Well I've stopped the spam attacks by disabling user activation. But the problem is that any new genuine users will also not be able to activate their account. Also, everyday HUNDREDS of spam accounts are being created on this forum, even though they are not being activated. So I have to prune the memberlist by deleting new members with zero posts everyday. It's crazy.

What can we do? At this point, newly registered users will not be able to post. But if I re-enable user activation, then hundreds of spam posters will be posting.

What's the solution? There is no option in the admin panel to put new users on moderated status, not in this phpbb version.

I'll either have to try changing the humanizer question, or block all the spammers from India again by putting all the IP's from that country into the htaccess file.

Any suggestions?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby jamesbond » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:22 pm

I just banned and deleted the posts from michealuse. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for various marketing schemes.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 pm

nicolaspersey <<<<<< spammer claiming to be selling fake passports
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:37 pm

I just banned and deleted the posts from EvrikdubRUS. He was spamming the forum with advertisements and multi-level marketing schemes.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:02 am

I just banned and deleted the posts of chrisrow, who was posting advertisements for wigs! :shock:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 pm

sheilmolson <<<< spammer
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:21 pm

I just banned and deleted the posts of mixercomm. He was posting threads selling sound systems and amplifiers.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:56 pm

I just banned and deleted the posts of dracobell. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for auto insurance. Winston here is the link for his profile:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/prof ... le&u=10013

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:11 am

I just banned and deleted the posts of gayborluara. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for cell phones. Winston, here is the link for his profile,

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/prof ... le&u=10021

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks. Good job guys. I deleted those new spammers. Can you delete profiles too Jamesbond?

You don't need to report a spammer unless they haven't been banned or deleted yet.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:04 am

Winston wrote:Thanks. Good job guys. I deleted those new spammers. Can you delete profiles too Jamesbond?

No I can't delete profiles.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem