Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Yes. Free speech is the most important thing. If someone can't handle it or avoid the topic, that's their problem.
21
57%
No. They are offensive and may alienate people from this movement. Such topics divide us rather than unite us.
16
43%
 
Total votes : 37

Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 am

Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum. Should they be allowed here? If so, to what degree? Where do you draw the line?

Cast you vote in the poll above.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 am

I don't know Winston...it's a tough call because people will always either complain about a lack of censorship or too much censorship. You're never going to satisfy anyone. Some forums I've been too act like the Gestapo and are so PC it's ridiculous, while other forums have no moderators at all, so things get out of hand. My vote is for the status quo.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby odbo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 am

Winston, stop solely selecting Asian-American mods you nepotistic wanna-be Jew bastard. Apparently small-dick syndrome causes them to get drunk with power, and go around deleting posts of da evil white oppressor out of spite while completely ignoring trolling pinoys, retards and Negro savages (billy and ChosenTraveler).

I find it funny how you've burned bridges with basically everyone you've ever befriended (Repatriate probably being the most recent) and you run your site as competently as the niggers who ran Haiti but you keep finding scapegoats for everything.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 am

odbo wrote:Winston, stop solely selecting Asian-American mods you nepotistic wanna-be Jew bastard. Apparently small-dick syndrome causes them to get drunk with power, and go around deleting posts of da evil white oppressor out of spite while completely ignoring trolling pinoys, retards and Negro savages (billy and ChosenTraveler).

I find it funny how you've burned bridges with basically everyone you've ever befriended (Repatriate probably being the most recent) and you run your site as competently as the niggers who ran Haiti but you keep finding scapegoats for everything.


My god Odbo, LOL. You know it's a fact you get away with murder here; try posting any of your posts on other forums (unless it's Stormfront, Vanguard, or American Renaissance), and see how far you can get away with it. I've been extremely lenient with you, bro. I never once threatened you with a banning--I only asked you to stop posting racist images and pictures because of all the complaints I've been receiving from new members to the site.
Last edited by zboy1 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby AmericanInMexico » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 am

Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum.


The same davewe who in a recent thread said "goyim are crazy".
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 am

AmericanInMexico wrote:
Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum.


The same davewe who in a recent thread said "goyim are crazy".


If we do ban racist topics from this forum, Davewe's comments would've gotten him temporarily banned as well. I would've banned Yakuza and ChosenTraveller too--just in case anyone accuses me of favoring only non-Whites. I think I've been a very fair moderator so far.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby AmericanInMexico » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:48 am

zboy1 wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum.


The same davewe who in a recent thread said "goyim are crazy".


If we do ban racist topics from this forum, that would've gotten Davewe temporarily banned as well.


Fair enough. I only think it's hilarious that a user who made a racist comment is leaving this forum because of the racism. That's like a thief leaving for another city because there is too much theft in the city he currently lives in.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Rock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 am

Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum. Should they be allowed here? If so, to what degree? Where do you draw the line?

Cast you vote in the poll above.


Ha ha, that's a laugh. Remember that recent post where he starts, "I never get involved with these nutty discussions cause there are never any winners or losers when discussing massive racial generalizations, but..." and ends it with, "I must conclude she is right - Goyim are crazy". Hmmm!

This guy acts like he's above it all plus he comes-off as naive about the countries he's visited to and can be quite preachy. And most of his 'wisdom' is derived from very short trips or else he just borrows from Groucho Marx, lol. If he wants to vote with his feet, let him do so!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby lone_yakuza » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 am

.
Last edited by lone_yakuza on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Jester » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 am

zboy1 wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum.


The same davewe who in a recent thread said "goyim are crazy".


If we do ban racist topics from this forum, Davewe's comments would've gotten him temporarily banned as well. I would've banned Yakuza and ChosenTraveller too--just in case anyone accuses me of favoring only non-Whites. I think I've been a very fair moderator so far.


Moderating here is done with a light touch, so I have not noticed it. This is in contrast to other forums I have dabbled in. I like the light touch.

I hate to say it but if we do ban racist topics the way that has been suggested, it would indeed probably help the forum stay on topic and make it more fun to visit. I guess I'm going to vote that way. If I wanted politics I would be elsewhere.

I'm kinda surprised to hear myself saying that, because I often enjoy reading an opinionated post., even if I don't agree with it all. I learn stuff., and sometimes laugh. So yes I guess we should moderate a little more, but let's not make it dull.

I could agree with the three posters mentioned above as examples of cases where warnings would be appropriate under a new policy.

Oh and one more thing. Could the Asian guys here stop talking about dick size? Now Odbo just did it too (above). Jesus. Whatever I come here for, it is not for visual images of dicks.

Also I was a little uncomfortable with one thread about treating women as prisoners etc. I didn't say anything, because I figured Cornfed just needed to blow off steam, or describe his own personal wish-fulfillment fantasy. But we have to remember that this not a closed forum. Everything posted here is visible to the world, indexed by google, and read with interest by intelligence and police agencies. But if we are cleaning up just a little, that's one thread I would suggest looking at, as well.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 am

lone_yakuza wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving because they've had it with the racist topics and posts on this forum.


The same davewe who in a recent thread said "goyim are crazy".


If we do ban racist topics from this forum, Davewe's comments would've gotten him temporarily banned as well. I would've banned Yakuza and ChosenTraveller too--just in case anyone accuses me of favoring only non-Whites. I think I've been a very fair moderator so far.


Zboy are you one of those Asians that likes to stick his head in the sand? I really don't understand how you can see my posts as racist. I was posting stuff backed up by tons of scholars and it is no secret what western imperialism did to the world. How is pointing that stuff out racist. There have been both positives and negatives (obviously mainly positives for the imperialists and extreme negatives for those who lost) from that and nothing we do now can really change the world, but I think awareness can help bring about an end to racial hierarchies.

How is pointing out that America was a multi-cultural country from the beginning and not a white nation... being racist? I agree that Europe should stay white. But America is built on stolen land and slavery, so it seems kind of unfair for some people to complain about America becoming less white don't you think?

Disillusioned American and I had a misunderstanding mainly because I thought he was somebody else. He still has ideas that I disagree with and I think he is prejudiced in a way. But I'm not going after him anymore.

Go through my posts. You will see that I have never said "I hate all white people." I have always pointed at a specific type of white person who holds a specific set of beliefs (far-right-wing-conservative, white-supremacist, privileged/arrogant Anglo-saxon western european Americans, etc. etc.).

None of the words I have used such as 'white trash' were used in malice.. simply using what other whites use to describe a certain group of people in America, just like how numerous posters like to use the word "negro," except that they have malicious intent.

I'm not against white people being proud to be white. What I am against is white people being proud to be white AND also looking DOWN on others, seeing them as subhumans, treating them as subhumans, or doing their best to manipulate society against a specific group of "others." You can be proud to be your ethnicity WITHOUT looking down on others and also respecting others. Is this so hard a concept to understand?

The only insults I have thrown at people were calling them white supremacist racist assholes, I'm pretty sure, which was kind of accurate if you think about it and read their comments. I've also highlighted what I think is positive about white values/the white race (though I believe that eastern europeans and western europeans and SE europeans are quite different).

So.... ?????

How is hating white supremacists being racist? Especially when my life has been in danger in real life because of people like that? I also hate/dislike Asian supremacists, black supremacists, Hispanic supremacists, etc. etc. I just haven't really met those and I haven't had any reason to rag on those people because I haven't seen anybody of those ethnicities proclaiming that they believe their race is better than the rest of the world and that other races are inferior or subhuman. Usually because most of those people have Stockholm syndrome.

Are you really Asian?

I'm kind of doubting it. Then again I have always faced a LOT of resistance from other Asian Americans when speaking about these subjects because they don't want to acknowledge it.

Just like how they don't realize that 80% of their culture is already gone. Or they stick their head in the sand concerning the negative imagery of Asian men in hollywood. Notice that people in Asia wear western clothing and only the few who are proud of who they are wear traditional clothing. Asian Americans in particular are ashamed to speak their ancestor's language. Do you ever see a Russian American ashamed of being able to speak Russian and being proud of his Russian heritage? No. He should be proud and most of the time the second generation Russians I know ARE proud of their heritage. Same with somebody from say... Germany or France. They should be proud of who they are. Just a pity that many Americans have no cultural awareness other than "American" anymore because their family has been here since 200 years ago.


I've made plenty of "Angry Asian males" and "Whites are racist to Asians" posts on HA, but you take it to another level bro...seriously.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby FreeYourMind » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 am

A problem with a blanket question like this is that "racism" can be quite subjective. As a rule I try to stay out of the racial threads, but the worst of the anti-White flamethrowers here sometimes piss me off enough to respond. I'm proud to be White and respect everyone else and enjoy reading perceptive posts from those of different racial backgrounds, but find obvious race baiting to be detrimental to HA, which is supposed to be about identifying how the vast majority of men of all races are getting screwed in the U.S. and other Western countries and then recommending solutions, the most obvious one being living abroad.

I think racial topics should be allowed as this board has a number of Asian, White and Black posters and race is, like feminism, an all-important issue, but not racial slurs and invective that mindlessly condemns an entire race or group of people.
Last edited by FreeYourMind on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Postby Jester » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am

I guess you have to allow some latitude with making racial remarks about foreign destinations. If someone wants to say that Filipino people are uneducated, or Russians are drunks, whatever, they need to be able to say that.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

FreeYourMind wrote:A problem with a blanket question like this is that "racism" can be quite subjective. As a rule I try to stay out of the racial threads, but the worst of the anti-White flamethrowers here sometimes piss me off enough to respond. I'm proud to be White, but respect everyone else and find obvious race baiting to be detrimental to this site, which is supposed to be about identifying how the vast majority of men of all races are getting screwed in the U.S. and other Western countries and then recommending solutions, the most obvious one being living abroad.

I think racial topics should be allowed as this board has a number of Asian, White and Black posters and race is, like feminism, an all-important issue, but not racial slurs and invective that mindlessly condemns an entire race or group of people.


+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Jester » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

zboy1 wrote:
I've made plenty of "Angry Asian males" and "Whites are racist to Asians" posts on HA, but you take it to another level bro...seriously.


I agree with this. I do NOT mind a little bitching by Asians, who after all founded the site, and who probably do the get the worst of the lousy dating scene in America. And while I do not see Blacks as that bad off in general, I DO understand that good Black men have it rough here, and don't mind prickly comments from DJ or ATIM etc. As I said above, sometimes I learn.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest