Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Yes. Free speech is the most important thing. If someone can't handle it or avoid the topic, that's their problem.
21
57%
No. They are offensive and may alienate people from this movement. Such topics divide us rather than unite us.
16
43%
 
Total votes : 37

Postby Rock » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:55 am

momopi wrote:

1. My valuation on gold is based on the cost of extraction, processing, and retail premium. I work in an industry that deals with international customers in mining and energy extraction. Higher retail prices means that the more expensive extraction sites become economically profitable, such as the Canadian oil sands. This method does not work on gemstones, and for RE my valuation is based on rental income and cash flow.

2. As I've already stated, I do not believe in supernatural souls or meaningful existence after death. There is no need to debate on the subject, you'll simply find out when you die, and you don't have a choice in this matter. In the mean time, I encourage young adults to expand their experiences by visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad. Discussions on gold and souls does not contribute much to the topic of visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad.

3. Today at work we had our Thanksgiving pot luck. We have a diverse workforce, our CSR team only has 1 person who is monolingual, the rest speaks at least 2 or more languages. We were encouraged to bring foods of various nationalities. While everyone was lining up for the pot luck buffet, we used the flat screen TV on the wall to show photos from abroad. We have girls from Sweden, Finland, and Quebec show us photos from their home countries (though the presentation was lacking), members of my team showed photos from Vietnam, and I showed photos of my travels in TW & other parts of Asia.

Our development team hires many young college grads from local University, and I encourage them to take their vacations abroad to see the world instead of a weekend in Temecula or San Francisco. They're at a stage in their life when they're young, slim, healthy, & single with decent disposable income ($70k-$80k+/year) and can easily afford to take these trips. There are many special travel deals that are only open to young adults, such as Contiki Holidays, and discounts for museums and travel abroad. It'd be shame to not take advantage of them while they still qualified.

http://www.contiki.com/


1. Your gold valuation method clearly does not work in the secondary markets so why do u stand by it or use it to imply a sell or not buy timing recommendations? And how much gold will you sell me now based on 'your method'?

Do stocks trade strictly according to the higher of book value or some theoretical formula such as Capital Asset Pricing Method as logic might seem to suggest? Are real estate market values always driven by rental income and cash flow? U must know there are other drivers depending on the market and supply and demand conditions. Some of the most profitable real estate investment opportunities from a few years ago (like several multi-baggers) are ones which would have looked very bad on a rental income or cashflow basis.

2. It's good that u encourage 'youngsters' to go abroad. It makes a lot of sense for them. But HA is not limited to the under 25 or under 30 crowd. It can work wonders in the lives of about anyone healthy including those well into their senior years! It's not like life has to end at some number. Much depends on the spirit and will of the individual. How many people have I heard of who were told by doctors they would never walk, play sports, etc. who later proved the experts 100% wrong.

3. I'll leave u alone on the spiritual suggestions. As u say, we will find out at physical death.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby lavezzi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 am

Rock wrote:If all u care about is leaving some kinda legacy here generated by your physical body and brain, consider that 10,000 years will pass quickly and at some stage, earth will be swallowed up by the sun if the science u so believe in is true. So in the end, u wld be no more than wht u were before birth here. Mite as well be a hedonist then, right? Enjoy the moment to its fullest cus nothing will remain forever.


other than that written in bold, this is an extremely important message which people need to consider, but without coming to a misguided conclusion.

individualism as we know it is really nothing but a perverted form of collectivism. societies teach people to compare and compete with eachother to such a massive degree and from such an early age, their entire lives are driven by a need to assert their individual 'specialness' or 'uniqueness', to which they are mostly unconscious of. the average person is a grotesquely manipulated version of who they really are.

as i said before here, lifes pleasures should be the celebration of life itself, not the foundation. but how many hedonistic pleasures are there really? food, sex, drugs.. not much else. certainly not enough to justify the hedonistic lifestyles aspired to by modern people. the things they strive for are only worthy in the eyes of other people and the culture, they are truly worth nothing. we have been taught to fear eachother so that we will always be striving for acceptance and validation but looking for it in all the wrong places.

people need to always question the real source of their motives and realize they are often not what they seem. your birthright is to be so intensely happy that it makes no difference whether you are workiing in tesco or living the lavish lifestyle of a billionaire. if i can lead one person down the path of liberation i will be truly happy with my time on earth.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby momopi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Rock wrote:1. Your gold valuation method clearly does not work in the secondary markets so why do u stand by it or use it to imply a sell or not buy timing recommendations? And how much gold will you sell me now based on 'your method'?
Do stocks trade strictly according to the higher of book value or some theoretical formula such as Capital Asset Pricing Method as logic might seem to suggest? Are real estate market values always driven by rental income and cash flow? U must know there are other drivers depending on the market and supply and demand conditions. Some of the most profitable real estate investment opportunities from a few years ago (like several multi-baggers) are ones which would have looked very bad on a rental income or cashflow basis.
2. It's good that u encourage 'youngsters' to go abroad. It makes a lot of sense for them. But HA is not limited to the under 25 or under 30 crowd. It can work wonders in the lives of about anyone healthy including those well into their senior years! It's not like life has to end at some number. Much depends on the spirit and will of the individual. How many people have I heard of who were told by doctors they would never walk, play sports, etc. who later proved the experts 100% wrong.
3. I'll leave u alone on the spiritual suggestions. As u say, we will find out at physical death.



1. I hold gold as a rabbit hole and thus I do not sell outside of emergencies. On occasion I'd gift it to a poor-er relative as dowry so she doesn't lose face. When gold & mineral prices are high, my clients in the mining industry are rolling in profits. I don't buy gold, I (or sales) hit them for software upgrades, services, and fat consulting fees. Priority is given to companies with lower extraction costs and fatter profits. When gold prices are down and my clients are scaling back operations & laying people off, I'd buy gold.

I advocate holding a small % of liquid assets in gold and silver as a rabbit hole. If your strategy is to buy and sell gold for a profit in the short term, then that's a different goal. My preference is investments that generate dividend and income over those that do not. There are also investment strategies that calls for a higher % of assets held in gold, such as Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio, which advocates holding 25% of your assets in gold. If you're interested in such things, I'd direct you to the Bogleheads forum: http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/39941 ... -years-ago

2. Real Estate market pricing is driven by a variety of factors, however as an investment I insist on buying only cash flow positive properties due to debt-to-income ratio consideration. If you only plan to buy a couple investment homes, or if you buy with 100% cash, then this is not a concern. If you're buying with 25% down and 75% mortgage, then it becomes a concern after 5 or 6 houses. You could put the properties under a company or seek private investor funding, but that's for another discussion.

3. It appears to me, that the older members of the forum tend to be the ones who already have international experiences, versus the younger ones do not. The same applies to my workplace. I encourage younger people to go abroad while they're still young and many opportunities are open to them, rather than waiting until they get old and have a mid-life crisis. Like I told my coworker who quit, go abroad and enjoy your vacation NOW, before you start your next job and wish that you had went on a vacation instead of staying home.


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEyoSO5i_8[/youtube]



lavezzi wrote:<snip>...but how many hedonistic pleasures are there really? food, sex, drugs..


I've lost count in the food category. Next year I plan to visit HK to sample the dim sum there. When eating at dim sum restaurant observe how the waitress lift the lids. The proper method is to lift and held the lid leveled then drain the condensation away from the basket before putting it back, so you don't end up with soggy dim sum. If the baskets are stacked high never get the ones on the bottom that had the condensation drained to them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFXOZs0HsZg&playnext=1&list=PLtuuByh1JqCX0vHtYLAw9ZwiwQuQ9eMSH&feature=results_main[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3HQ9uge0g[/youtube]


Individualism, collectivism, and whatever -ism's simply doesn't matter when you want the cha shu bao in the upper baskets, or if you're trying to avoid ending up with soggy buns in the bottom baskets.

Image
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby BEIJINGSHOTS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 am

odbo wrote:Winston, stop solely selecting Asian-American mods you nepotistic wanna-be Jew bastard. Apparently small-dick syndrome causes them to get drunk with power, and go around deleting posts of da evil white oppressor out of spite while completely ignoring trolling pinoys, retards and Negro savages (billy and ChosenTraveler).

I find it funny how you've burned bridges with basically everyone you've ever befriended (Repatriate probably being the most recent) and you run your site as competently as the niggers who ran Haiti but you keep finding scapegoats for everything.

yes, lets get some reactionary white mods on here instead and turn this into happierathome, where whites welcome Asians, Hispanics, and Africans with open arms, and everyone lives happily ever after. and we can all pretend that native americans are being properly representative in u.s. govt... and capitalism. capitalism is so great. it brings prosperity to all. oh the joys.
BEIJINGSHOTS
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 am

Postby odbo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 am

BEIJINGSHOTS wrote:
odbo wrote:Winston, stop solely selecting Asian-American mods you nepotistic wanna-be Jew bastard. Apparently small-dick syndrome causes them to get drunk with power, and go around deleting posts of da evil white oppressor out of spite while completely ignoring trolling pinoys, retards and Negro savages (billy and ChosenTraveler).

I find it funny how you've burned bridges with basically everyone you've ever befriended (Repatriate probably being the most recent) and you run your site as competently as the niggers who ran Haiti but you keep finding scapegoats for everything.

yes, lets get some reactionary white mods on here instead and turn this into happierathome, where whites welcome Asians, Hispanics, and Africans with open arms, and everyone lives happily ever after. and we can all pretend that native americans are being properly representative in u.s. govt... and capitalism. capitalism is so great. it brings prosperity to all. oh the joys.


Reactionary white mods? It's funny you say that because Whites are getting f***ed over in their own schools and work places by Asian immigrants (i.e. Chinese, Filipinos, Indians and Koreans) because they still hold onto concepts like honesty and justice. Don't let the current state of the Jew-courts fool you, compare the treatment of a Filipino charged with a crime in any "White" nation, with a detained White guy in the Philippines and it's night and day. Moreover Whites are the only race that have demonstrated creativity/original thought. Part of this is Rhesus-negative "blue bloods" being the only group capable of evolving the human condition because they are the only ones capable of seeing it. But I've observed average IQ Rh-positive White guys be very inventive in a way 1000 Chinese males combined wouldn't accomplish. Must have to do with the Ice Age and the traits it favored, those with empathy and ingenuity survived, those who were one dimensional and selfish died.

Obviously Africa with its warm climate and plentiful food favored other traits, primarily stupidity. Males who were violent and ruthless got to have all the women, and breed equally stupid offspring, while those who were ready for teamwork to develop technology and self-sacrifice in the name of progress or exploring new lands got no where.

Northeast Asians are almost as intelligent on paper as non-swarthy northern Whites, so a Eurasian child wouldn't be dumb by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to pushing pencils and certainly not to the levels of a nigger, mulatto or "Native American". However far more important than any aesthetic Aryan traits that are lost from mixed-breeding, is the Aryan brain. You have no idea how big an impact a few White males (engineers or otherwise) can have dropped into Asia. Unfortunately most Western expats below retirement age tend to be scum looking for drugs or sex, worthless in their home society and likely just as worthless anywhere else.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby zboy1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 am

odbo wrote:
BEIJINGSHOTS wrote:
odbo wrote:Winston, stop solely selecting Asian-American mods you nepotistic wanna-be Jew bastard. Apparently small-dick syndrome causes them to get drunk with power, and go around deleting posts of da evil white oppressor out of spite while completely ignoring trolling pinoys, retards and Negro savages (billy and ChosenTraveler).

I find it funny how you've burned bridges with basically everyone you've ever befriended (Repatriate probably being the most recent) and you run your site as competently as the niggers who ran Haiti but you keep finding scapegoats for everything.

yes, lets get some reactionary white mods on here instead and turn this into happierathome, where whites welcome Asians, Hispanics, and Africans with open arms, and everyone lives happily ever after. and we can all pretend that native americans are being properly representative in u.s. govt... and capitalism. capitalism is so great. it brings prosperity to all. oh the joys.


Reactionary white mods? It's funny you say that because Whites are getting f***ed over in their own schools and work places by Asian immigrants (i.e. Chinese, Filipinos, Indians and Koreans) because they still hold onto concepts like honesty and justice. Don't let the current state of the Jew-courts fool you, compare the treatment of a Filipino charged with a crime in any "White" nation, with a detained White guy in the Philippines and it's night and day. Moreover Whites are the only race that have demonstrated creativity/original thought. Part of this is Rhesus-negative "blue bloods" being the only group capable of evolving the human condition because they are the only ones capable of seeing it. But I've observed average IQ Rh-positive White guys be very inventive in a way 1000 Chinese males combined wouldn't accomplish. Must have to do with the Ice Age and the traits it favored, those with empathy and ingenuity survived, those who were one dimensional and selfish died.

Obviously Africa with its warm climate and plentiful food favored other traits, primarily stupidity. Males who were violent and ruthless got to have all the women, and breed equally stupid offspring, while those who were ready for teamwork to develop technology and self-sacrifice in the name of progress or exploring new lands got no where.

Northeast Asians are almost as intelligent on paper as non-swarthy northern Whites, so a Eurasian child wouldn't be dumb by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to pushing pencils and certainly not to the levels of a nigger, mulatto or "Native American". However far more important than any aesthetic Aryan traits that are lost from mixed-breeding, is the Aryan brain. You have no idea how big an impact a few White males (engineers or otherwise) can have dropped into Asia. Unfortunately most Western expats below retirement age tend to be scum looking for drugs or sex, worthless in their home society and likely just as worthless anywhere else.


So what country do you want to move to then to get away from all the non-Whites you dislike so much? This is an honest question btw. Because it doesn't look like Europe or the U.S. will be majority White countries in 50 to 100 years. I can understand why Whites are angry about this, but then, why don't you post on Amren, Stormfront, or Vanguard, instead of HappierAbroad?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby odbo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:57 am

Well here are some thoughts that come to mind in no particular order..

Because of what the Marxists (Jews) call diversity/multiculturalism/cultural enrichment, soon it will not make much difference which country you live in because they will all be virtually identical, (unless they are stopped that is). People will behave like complete fools, and like Europe, Japan, China, Korea among others will be filled with browns and blacks. However even if the future is gloomy, from a personal perspective there are still many opportunities to experience real diversity and find a niche somewhere whether permanent or temporary and be happy, whatever that means to you. I was always leaning towards Eastern Europe because I value clever women, like the cold, am interested in religion, hate emasculated White males, political correctness and the nanny state (i.e. "health and safety" bullshit), and many other pros and cons I've weighed.

I never said I dislike non-Whites. But they have to be kept on a strict leash, like a child or woman, (at the very least in relation to nations of European descent), giving them free reign and even subsidizing their stupidity will end in tragedy. I dislike censorship and simpletons who can't discuss issues without bringing in [identity] bias. For example if African-Americans wanted what's best for the USA (and themselves if they intend to stay there), would they be pro-Hispanic immigration? Or is being anti-White their biggest priority.. Another example would be if Asian-immigrants in the USA are pro immigration. Why? Because it suits their [short-term] interests. But are they answering honestly? If they can graduate from an American university surely they can figure out if wave after wave of immigration is sustainable or not, or at the very least attempt to look at some data to form their opinion.

I also dislike what happens to a lot of non-Whites when living amongst a White majority, they begin to feel inferior and eventually this has them turn bitter/disgruntled, striking back at the host, when they should really blame the parents for immigrating there or whatever is behind their fate, not Whites and western civilization. When I was writing that I was thinking of Asians/Blacks/Hispanics I've observed in my school days but another example would be Tim Wise, a Jew who claims to have been bullied in his youth for not celebrating Christmas, and now spends his career giving lectures about "White privilege" (while living in an all-White upper-middle class neighborhood). Of course that's normal behavior for Jews even when they've been treated great, but you already knew that.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Moretorque recently used the N word in a post:

viewtopic.php?p=259032#p259032

Do you guys mind that? Should words like "nigger" be allowed on this forum? What if it's used in reference to other posters here who are black? What do you all think? Should we have a policy against that? Isn't the N word insulting to blacks? Where did that word originally come from anyway?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23571
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby bostero » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:23 am

Winston wrote:Moretorque recently used the N word in a post:

viewtopic.php?p=259032#p259032

Do you guys mind that? Should words like "nigger" be allowed on this forum? What if it's used in reference to other posters here who are black? What do you all think? Should we have a policy against that? Isn't the N word insulting to blacks? Where did that word originally come from anyway?



Between his having dropped that word, and the disgusting conspiratard bullshit about "Sandy Hoax", I'd be happy to see him go. He's been on my foes list since last week.
User avatar
bostero
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:52 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby starchild5 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:06 am

I totally completely support the NIGGER WORD, I hope somebody calls me that :)

There is nothing racist about it except Ignorance and Jewish Inversion.

You will know how dark ignorant world we are living in when you really know the Origin of NIGGER word

The word came from ancient egypt and it meant GOD. YES. Most of the Egyptian Gods were Blacks and they were called NIGGERS

NGR...Pronounced Niggers..Because there were no Vowels in ancient languages

HOW THE WORD FOR GOD N-G-R BECAME NIGGER

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28269

The ancient Egyptians called their Pharaohs "N-G-R" (Net-ger) because the Egyptian Pharaoh was seen as a representation of the sun and the Sun God. The original Pharaohs who were pure Black Africans SAW BLACK SKIN AS SACRED AND A DIRECT BLESSING FROM THE SUN GOD, ATEN. In fact Blackness and black skin became associated with God and the sun. BLACK PEOPLE WERE POWERFUL, CULTURALLY ADVANCED, MILITARILY SUPERIOR, BLACK/DARKBROWN IN COMPLEXION, STRONG STATURE, TALL AND DESCRIBED AS A "HANDSOME" RACE , (SEE HERODOTUS, "THE HISTORIES, DESCRIPTIONS OF "ETHIOPIANS" OF AFRICA AND SOUTH INDIA).

The recognition of the Pharaoh as a living God and the black skin as a blessing spread worldwide to other cultures. In fact the term "Net-ger" became the Ethiopian "Negus" or "Negashi."

In the Sudroid (Indo-Negroids of India) languages of India, which are part of the Cushite branch of the African languages, the term "Naga" denotes original or first.
In fact, in ancient India, the people with the blackest skins were respected and held to igh esteem, unlike today where the racist, colonialist and alien concept of "varna" or castecolor racism places Sudroids, Indo-Negroids, Black Tribals, Dalits, Negro-Australoids and other BLACKS AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF iNDIAN SOCIETY.
See http://www.dalitstan.org/books/sudroid

The term "Ngola" (Angola) means "King" in the Angolan languages. This term was mistaken by the Portugese to mean the DESCRIBE "Ndongo," the kingdom.

The first people to corrupt the term "N-G-R" were the Roman invaders of Egypt who may have heard the term used to describe the
leader of Egypt or Nubia. The term "Niger" was later used to mean any Black/Negroid person that the Romans saw in Africa or anywhere else.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-original-meaning-of-the-n-word-by-pianke-nubiyang/

THE WORD “N-G-R” MEANS “GOD” IN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN

The father of the “n” word was the word used by the ancient Egyptians for “God.” That word was “N-g-r” and as one can see, there are no vowels in this word. In the ancient African and even the present African languages (the Afro-Asiatic linguistic family) vowels such as “a,e,i,o,u” are not found in many translations, particularly of ancient Hebrew and Egyptian languages.

In the translation of ancient Egyptian and Hebrew (which is heavily influenced by Egyptian), one will not always find vowels, therefore, very few people will realize that the word for God, which is “N-g-r” pronounced “en-ger” was the Egyptian word for God. In fact, the Egyptian word for “nature,” is also the word used for God. That word is “ntyr,” (pronounced net-jer.” Now prounce the word “nigg..” and the word “net-jer,” and one sees the clear connection.

http://www.theafrolounge.com/2015/03/11/the-n-words-original-meaning-is-god-in-ancient-egyptian/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apa6ruMTinQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3Zxl0qwEw[/youtube]

Its high time we all come out of demonic powers on earth. The Jews made the most respected word in Egypt as dirty and racist. That's how much ignorance we have in this world right now. All manipulated history.

Please do more research before banning sacred ancient words. Only sick Jewish mind can invert this. Nigger is part of Ancient Black History. They were once the mightiest empire on earth. Many blacks are proud of their history when they were called Niggers aka Gods. :idea: :idea:
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:22 pm

So Cornfed has actually been worshiping da blackman all this time? :D
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby cdnFA » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Just about word can be good or hateful depending on the context.

I would explain but it should be obvious to anyone who isn't a slobbering SJW.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:21 am

bostero wrote:
Winston wrote:Moretorque recently used the N word in a post:

viewtopic.php?p=259032#p259032

Do you guys mind that? Should words like "nigger" be allowed on this forum? What if it's used in reference to other posters here who are black? What do you all think? Should we have a policy against that? Isn't the N word insulting to blacks? Where did that word originally come from anyway?


Between his having dropped that word, and the disgusting conspiratard bullshit about "Sandy Hoax", I'd be happy to see him go. He's been on my foes list since last week.


The hoax bullshit (he and Adama do that incessantly) is the worst part. Words are only "bad" or "good" according to the intention behind them. Stupidity is far more offensive.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby IraqVet2003 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 am

Winston wrote:Moretorque recently used the N word in a post:

viewtopic.php?p=259032#p259032

Do you guys mind that? Should words like "nigger" be allowed on this forum? What if it's used in reference to other posters here who are black? What do you all think? Should we have a policy against that? Isn't the N word insulting to blacks? Where did that word originally come from anyway?


Winston, as a frequent black male poster on this forum I do find the "N" word very offensive. And it should never be used by anyone even by other black male posters in making a reference to other blacks. The "N" word Winston as you may know has been historically used as a very derogatory term in the U.S. against blacks and other people of color. Because, the "N" word was to refer to black people as being "subhuman" going back to the days of chattel slavery and racial segregation (Jim Crow laws). Not to mention Winston, the "N" word was used by many racist/bigoted and arrogant white people to support or reinforce "WHITE SUPREMACY" especially hate/terrorist groups such as the Klu Klux Klan, the Aryan Nations, neo-Nazi skinheads, etc!!! Also, for those reasons listed above I have never used the "N" even among other blacks nor do I want to be called that very word by them. And please I don't want hear any excuses used by some non-blacks to try justifying the "N" word just because a few other blacks use it amongst each other!!!! Finally Winston, I firmly believe that the HappierAbroad.com forum is supposed to be place about exploring different countries and cultures more open/tolerant than the U.S. society. Of course this is not to say that racism, xenophobia, and bigotry doesn't exist in other nations. But, I do think that using the "N" word or any other racial slur doesn't add to any discussion on this forum. If anything Winston it debases and lowers us to the trash culture most of us are trying to get away from.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 am

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Postby Cornfed » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:00 am

IraqVet2003 wrote:
Winston wrote:Moretorque recently used the N word in a post:

viewtopic.php?p=259032#p259032

Do you guys mind that? Should words like "nigger" be allowed on this forum? What if it's used in reference to other posters here who are black? What do you all think? Should we have a policy against that? Isn't the N word insulting to blacks? Where did that word originally come from anyway?


Winston, as a frequent black male poster on this forum I do find the "N" word very offensive. And it should never be used by anyone even by other black male posters in making a reference to other blacks.


The usual arrogant nigger privilege claim. The word niger is Latin for black, just like the word negro is Spanish for black. The reason to call niggers niggers is to remind us that they are a lower form of life and not regular people like us. This is important. If you (Winston) ban this then you are effectively taking a partisan stand on the issue.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, Report a Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests